IT.COM

question WeSellUsedCars.com just sold for 10K What do you sell?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Sedo (the Jet Ski People:xf.rolleyes:) just sold the domain WeSellUsedCars.com for ten thousand dollars...how crazy is that:xf.eek:

However, i've spent the last few hours spending a few hundred bucks buying domains like; WeSellHomes.com, WeSellGold.com and WeSellAntiques.com. While the domains I just mentioned are long gone, surprisingly there are hundreds of similar names available to hand register, many that have been owned 10+ years and dropped because old school domainers didn't know how to sell them....sad:xf.frown:

I predict that domains like WeSellXXXXXXXX.com will be the next best thing in domaining. What do you sell?

"She Sells Sea Shells By the Seashore":xf.wink:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We Sell Homes is a great reg

•••
•••
We Sell Homes is a great reg
I agree, and to think i was able to pick up wesellxxxxhomes.com and wesellxxxxxxxxxxhomes.com. And to think the first on had been reg'd for 18 years and dropped in 2018 and the second one had been reg'd for 10 years.

I know I'm a pretty lucky guy. At first i thought WeSellUsedCars.com for 10K was absurd, but the more I thought about it,10K for a domain that addresses a mega billion dollar market isn't a lot "if" it drives sales.

•••
This is interesting..
Anyways, webuyanycar.com is another big one.. These words are commonly used I guess.

We sale comments on namepros 😜😜

•••
mAd MaX....traditionally, "old school" domainers buy names like this and list them with the likes of Sedo, Uniregistry, Afternic etc. and hope and pray someone finds them:xf.rolleyes: "We Sell Used Cars" has 14 letters, it's four words and it's been registered continually for at least 20 years according to HosterStats.

I've been able to pick up a dozen or so similar names and I'm not about to sit back and wait for them to sell the old fashion way....i may be old, but I'm not stupid(y)

•••
This is interesting..
Anyways, webuyanycar.com is another big one.. These words are commonly used I guess.

We sale comments on namepros 😜😜
You can sell anything....artificial intelligence, research....even secrets:xf.wink:

•••
Wesellcheapcars dropped a couple of days ago. Got snatched up today. Not bad.

•••
Many times these "unexpected sales" are more an example of high-level salesmanship/brokering than any change in trends, and as they say, a good salesman can sell ice to the Inuit.

•••
Nice sale mate
Currently own a 'wesell' domain...LOL
Will be listing on namepros soon

•••
•••
In case you did not notice, today's NamePros blog post is on the topic of three and four word .com sales.

I must admit I scratch my head as some names that go for high amounts, like WeSellUsedCars, while daily when I go through the NameBio list I see names that at first glance seem of similar quality go for tiny amounts. I tend to agree with @DomainRecap comment above that often it is a matter of an incredibly effective seller (and, of course, someone who just fancies that name) that results in these, and exactly the same name in other hands (like mine :xf.eek:) would easily sell for far less or not close at all.

Thanks for starting the thread @ThatNameGuy, and I agree with @nivadriver that WeSellHomes seems particularly nice(y) - great phrase and huge number of businesses who could effectively use it. Very best wishes for it.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
In case you did not notice, today's

I must admit I scratch my head as some names that go for high amounts, like WeSellUsedCars, while daily when I go through the NameBio list I see names that at first glance seem of similar quality go for tiny amounts. I tend to agree with @DomainRecap that often it is a matter of an incredibly effective seller (and, of course, someone who just fancies that name) that results in these, and exactly the same name in other hands (like mine :xf.eek:) would easily sell for far less or not close at all.

Thanks for starting the thread @ThatNameGuy, and I agree with @nivadriver that WeSellHomes seems particularly nice(y) - great phrase and huge number of businesses who could effectively use it. Very best wishes for it.

Bob
What's interesting is that, "used' is an additional word (adjective) that clarifies/identifies the car being sold. It could be "old" "new" "wrecked" "sports" "luxury" and the list goes on, and the same thing goes for selling "homes"

It's domains like these that are mainly used in advertising to drive business, and generally not the name of a business. In the case of "cars" and "homes" we're talking big ticket items, and it doesn't take many additional sales to justify the expense.

The one thing I'm pretty sure about is names like this don't sell themselves, or I wouldn't have been able to buy the names I now own. What's encouraging to me is they lend themselves to more of an "outbound" marketing approach that's more my style.

Regardless, this proves yet again there are still lots of good names waiting to be registered. Oh, I can't say exactly what I registered, but it's pretty close to "WeSellGolfTimes.com", and this has the potential to be a global site, and compete with or compliment GolfNow(.)com who books times at over 9,000 courses worldwide.

Thanks Bob

Last edited:
•••
Not that crazy. Sound like taglines/slogans/campaigns. These are valuable, i.e., have some commercial use, imo.

gg.jpg
3.jpg
5.png

•••
I agree with the comments about the price being driven by both a good salesman and a special interest buyer...that being said I also strongly agree that 10gs isn't bad considering the size of the used car market....like any thing else in this world...its all in how you use it. I'm not really a domainer...more an end user. I have been in the car business for over 25 years. I operate 3 bricks and mortar locations on long island. I have been using a...get ready for this...5 WORD...18 CHARACTER domain name for almost 20 years. SellYourCarForCash.com. It has served me extremely well...back in the day...before panda and penguin etc...it still does the job...and I've branded myself with TV radio and retarted amounts of seo and PC...sooo I don't see a viable way to rebrand to one of the shorter names I own...SellCarForCash.com or SellCarCash.com or CarForCash.com. I am betting on...and hoping the New GTLDs will gain popularity as I own Sell.Car...until then...i will be the guy with 5 Word...18 character domain name...

I would be thankful for ANY thoughts and comments...

•••
Wesellcheapcars dropped a couple of days ago. Got snatched up today. Not bad.
I have acquired wesellcheapcars :) after seeing this sale :)

Last edited:
•••
"She Sells Sea Shells By the Seashore":xf.wink:
You really made me look up for the domain, but SheSellsSeaShellsByTheSeashore.com is registered :sneaky:

•••
I acquired wesellsneakers...

Will be thankful for any thoughts and comments....offers welcomed too:happy:

•••
Not that crazy. Sound like taglines/slogans/campaigns. These are valuable, i.e., have some commercial use, imo.

Show attachment 146656 Show attachment 146657 Show attachment 146658
Check out Intelliname.com....they have the largest collection of "advertising" domains I've seen. I think it only makes sense to own some of these domains for your portfolio, and stick close to what you know. Either that, or a domain you think you can personally sell to an end user. Take for example, someone here said they just bought WeSellSneakers.com. I think that domain is great for a stand alone "online" business, thus I would consider owning wesellsneakers.online that's available to buy. Also, i think it could be a good domain/name to push business to the likes of Nike etc. Good luck with it KingFalcon

•••
I have acquired wesellcheapcars :) after seeing this sale :)
Sumeeth...it's really funny where ideas come from for good domains. I sometimes peruse "sold" lists for ideas and wesellusedcars.com selling for 10K really got my attention. At first I thought it was one of the craziest sales i'd seen, but after further reflection and having just been introduced to Intelliname I started thinking why someone might pay 10K for the name. I had a similar thing happen when I kept seeing "BoGo" being used for advertising/marketing, and I probably reg'd 15-20 BoGo domains as a result. I knew I was on to something when another NP member sent me a PM saying......"you really fell into a gold mine with all your BoGo domains." I feel the same thing is true for "WeSell" domains.

Good Luck, and tell Rob I said hello(y)

•••
I agree with the comments about the price being driven by both a good salesman and a special interest buyer...that being said I also strongly agree that 10gs isn't bad considering the size of the used car market....like any thing else in this world...its all in how you use it. I'm not really a domainer...more an end user. I have been in the car business for over 25 years. I operate 3 bricks and mortar locations on long island. I have been using a...get ready for this...5 WORD...18 CHARACTER domain name for almost 20 years. SellYourCarForCash.com. It has served me extremely well...back in the day...before panda and penguin etc...it still does the job...and I've branded myself with TV radio and retarted amounts of seo and PC...sooo I don't see a viable way to rebrand to one of the shorter names I own...SellCarForCash.com or SellCarCash.com or CarForCash.com. I am betting on...and hoping the New GTLDs will gain popularity as I own Sell.Car...until then...i will be the guy with 5 Word...18 character domain name...

I would be thankful for ANY thoughts and comments...
Great Job Eric....do you sell motorcycles too? I just reg'd a pretty good domain i'd give you if you wanted to partner in some capacity? Remember Obama's "Cash for Clunkers"? You haven't been around here long enough to know I prefer Epik with a "K" vs. Epic with a "C" .....thus Klunker with a "K" is just as catchy as "Clunker" with a "C" imo.

Eric...if you'd like to meet a wild and crazy old guy who has fallen in luv with domain/name business, let's meet halfway between Long Island and Va. Beach for lunch someday.....i think my klunker might get me there:xf.wink:

•••
Many times these "unexpected sales" are more an example of high-level salesmanship/brokering than any change in trends, and as they say, a good salesman can sell ice to the Inuit.
While I don't disagree....take a look at the sites like cashforcars.com, wesellgold.com, webuyboats.com, etc......regardless of whether it's used cars, antiques, motorcycles, appliances etc. some of these names are worth a lot of money. Seriously, check out @Eric the Car Guy, and the 5 word , 18 character .com domain he's used to buy and sell used cars for the last 25 years....and he swears by it.

I just reg'd about 30 names I call "Call to Action" domains that have the potential to drive a lot of $$$, and while I've been told i could sell ice to Eskimos, as long as they work for the "end user" they're 10X better than ice:xf.wink:

•••
Just done a little keyword research on the subject, and while I couldn't find any worthy "wesellusedkw.com" names to register, I could find a somewhat similar domain with some pretty decent metrics as well to reg:

wesellusedcars.png

webuyandsellusedcars1.png

Last edited:
•••
Just done a little keyword research on the subject, and while I couldn't find any worthy "wesellusedkw.com" names to register, I could find a somewhat similar domain with some pretty decent metrics as well to reg:

Show attachment 146829
Show attachment 146831
Kris...man, you need a bath...your twitter pic is a lot more flattering:xf.wink: I'm a little old school so i don't know exactly what you're referring to? That said however, I wouldn't reg a name I wouldn't use for myself and I've been naming businesses, boats, pets, kids, and friends (nicknames) for 50 years.

Curious? What does the "kw" stand for? Thanks for sharing(y)

•••
Kris...man, you need a bath...your twitter pic is a lot more flattering:xf.wink: I'm a little old school so i don't know exactly what you're referring to? That said however, I wouldn't reg a name I wouldn't use for myself and I've been naming businesses, boats, pets, kids, and friends (nicknames) for 50 years.

Curious? What does the "kw" stand for? Thanks for sharing(y)

Thanks Rich, I'm considering "giving a bath" to my NP avatar soon.

Well I'm in the naming business for only 4 years, which is far less than 50 but I did close 172 profitable transactions of which 150 has been hand registered domain names. Although I burnt my fingers with hand registered names in the past, they responsible for keeping my investments in the black, and I consider hand registration a good form of investment if someone do their own due diligence. Your advice though is appreciated.

Kw stands for Keyword

I couldn't find any worthy "wesellusedkw.com"

What I meant by that, is that I checked the most frequently searched "we sell used keyword" variations, as follows:
wesell1.png

To see if there are any wortwhile investments to make (hand registering with other words) after being inspired by your thread. Because indeed I found it inspirational.

So then I checked each of them above and some more, to see some metrics. I know some people solely rely on gut feeling, sometimes I do too, but when it comes to hand registration of long tail keyword domain names, numbers are an important factor in my opinion.
wesellusedphones.png

wesellusedschoolbuses.png

wesellusedsound.png

wesellusedconservatories.png

These are worthless keywords, so to have an idea what is not useless, allow me to use your example:
wesellgold.png

Or the star of thread itself:
wesellusedcars_green.png

That is the number why it sold for what it sold for other than being a well aged domain, but correct me if I'm wrong.

So I thought let's see what else is available out there in that spectrum, and I found a bit longer but similar name available:

webuyandsellusedcars1green.png

Apologies for the long reply, just wanted to highlight what is KW stands for, after all we are on a forum where this is being used pretty frequently, and that numbers are matter when it comes to long tail domains.

Attachments

• wesell1.png
    wesell1.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 289
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back