NameSilo

Just Sold My First Domain

Labeled as advice in Domain Beginners started by Peter Karpouzas, May 23, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. Peter Karpouzas

Peter Karpouzas Upgraded Member Blue Account

Hey guys

So pleased to be part of this group as of today. I'm new to all this domain stuff as my primary focus is providing SEO services and although I'm good at that, I was actually looking to start in a new industry and to actually mention it, I stumbled upon this domain selling and buying stuff when someone approached me and asked me to sell a domain I already owned which was doctorsexpressnatic.com I can't believe this domain fetched a pretty little sum considering I paid 25 bucks for it. Well, I guess I have found my new industry which I want to get into. Really excited.

I can't understand for the life of me why this domain is so important except for the fact it has doctors and express in it which suggests some commercial intent. Can anyone give me some guidance if you have some time on what the best domains to go for might be when I'm buying ? One word domains, two word domains and so on. I took in some info on one word domains which was nuts. 30 Mil for friday.com form another posts. I've never heard of anything that insane.

Cheers guys
    Pete

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. WatchDogue

WatchDogue Top Member VIP

Hello!

Congrats on making your first sale!

There are numerous threads on the Forum related to the buying of domains for resale - suggest you search for the topical areas or niche markets that most interest you and take some time to read up on buying in those areas.

That are also completed sales threads that are worth scanning to see the variety of names
    ( and ext. ) and prices various names are fetching.

There are buyers of domains who seek to quickly flip the names for profit and there are other buyers who make long term domain name investments.

Welcome to NamePros!

3. NYJimbo

NYJimbo Domain Re-Animator VIP

Interesting, because doctorsexpressnatic.com does not seem to exist. O_o

4. creataweb

creataweb Some Guy with Awesome Senior High School Photo VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

5. RevolutionaryDomains

RevolutionaryDomains Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Looks like a typo...OP must have meant DoctorsExpressNatick.com, which is registered, and still shows him as registrant on whoisology.

Welcome to Namepros, Peter. Looking forward to seeing you around the forum. Congrats on your sale.

Cheers, Mate!

6. IPBFlippers

IPBFlippers Established Member

The name of the domain name and the intent of this thread. I'm looking to see where this leads to. Welcome to NamePros.

7. Peter Karpouzas

Yeah I just checked and it seems to not be there. I wonder what happened to it. That got transferred over to the new owner three weeks ago. Wow, completely removed from the index, too. Blown away.

8. Peter Karpouzas

Shocking isn't it. Got paid a lot more than that for it, as well. Just saw that it has been de-indexed. What is the go with that ? Who pays that much money for a domain and de-indexes it ? I don't get it.

9. Peter Karpouzas

I most certainly will. Been looking around and there are some interesting topics to read over. Thanks heaps

10. Peter Karpouzas

Thanks buddy. Glad to be here...HAHAHAHAHA, Yes you are right. it's a typo. Sorry for the confusion guys. It's still registered

11. MS-Domains

MS-Domains Top Member VIP

Welcome @Peter Karpouzas , glad it was a typo & not another false claim.

All the best in your domaining

12. ndeekay121

ndeekay121 Established Member

13. David Bayode

David Bayode Established Member

Congrats on your first sale and welcome to NamePros. :)

14. lock

lock Traffic.tools VIP

Welcome aboard I have a lot of SEO webmaster related names so your post had my attention.

15. FolioTeam

FolioTeam Top Member VIP

16. Internet.Domains

Internet.Domains Top Member VIP

Congrats! You always remember the first.....

Well, actually with domains you don't always...:xf.smile:

17. wwwweb

wwwweb Top Member VIP

Don’t you have to announce venue and sale price now, new rules?

18. Taycro1

Taycro1 New Member

congratulations on the sale

19. 4better

4better Established Domainer VIP

Congrats on your first sale and welcome to Namepros!

20. VaibhavA

VaibhavA Top Member VIP

Congratulations and welcome. (y)

21. greatwebss

greatwebss Blokish.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats on your first sale and welcome to NamePros.

Just spend 1 or 2 hours in np threads for few months. You may have a better idea. But at this stage don't invest more on any domain and also don't buy lot of garbages.

22. domainsaleblog

domainsaleblog Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

23. Lewstar

Lewstar Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes, l wondered what the last five letters of the domain name (natic) meant by itself and in relation to the rest of the domain name. I thought perhaps the seller had misspelled the domain name.

However, now that the super-sleuth discovered the misspelling, l have to admit that l still have no idea what the six-letter suffix means—but, then again, l don’t know what a lot of words mean (even though l teach English), and am particularly mystified by a lot of domaining terms.

24. RevolutionaryDomains

RevolutionaryDomains Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hard to say. Perhaps it has to do with Natick, MA., here in the US. Google search shows some urgent care, and other similar facilities, in that city, which would make sense, given the name is Doctors Express Natick.

I too am surprised, at times, by the use of some terms in domains. Fortunately, domain names only need to matter or make sense to the end-user, and while this name is pretty straight forward, in domaining, proper English often goes out the window for the sake of a brand or name. Something I am reminded of when I look at a few of my own domains...lol. Cheers!

25. 420domainer

420domainer Top Member VIP

Welcome welcome!

Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet but definitely head on over to the beginners section. It is very tempting to start buying domains immediately, especially after a sale, but I suggest doing quite a bit of research on this site first. There’s so much good information here and without knowing what makes a domain valuable, you’re liable to lose money and again be looking for a new industry.... and this is a good industry, so go slow, ask questions, learn much, and truly try to resist hand registering names for now. So many people don’t make it as a domainer specifically because of hand registering too many names before doing diligent research.
    Good luck!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!