Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is .US dead (??)

Yong1

Established Member
Impact
Is anyone still investing in .US domains?

Has anyone sold any .US domains lately?

Where would you sell them?

Obviously in the .US .com is king too, but I have seen at times .us being used by different companies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Take away the restriction and .us becomes a top tld. Imo

Wish that were so, but the restriction is essentially meaningless and unenforced as far as I can see (assume you're talking about the Nexus). I routinely see overseas info in the .us whois, including recently.

•••
•••
Wish that were so, but the restriction is essentially meaningless and unenforced as far as I can see (assume you're talking about the Nexus). I routinely see overseas info in the .us whois, including recently.

Yeah, no kidding. Lots of foreign drop catching. The requirement, "A foreign entity or organization that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories" is either vague enough to include anyone or just not enforced. Either way, Neustar doesn't seem to care. After all, as I've mentioned before, domainers are the ATM for the registries and registrars, nothing more.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back