NameSilo

Is this NamePros scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
is this namepros Member scam?

a namepros member told me "sick family member needs money for medicine"

and for $100 he could bring members to my different forums
...so i paid him and i waited. .....after a while he says has exams...
then he borrows another $5.00 for something urgent
(i trusted him becos he's seems to be a good NP member)
still nothing happens....
when i ask for refund...he says his paypal is "frozen"

he still lurks around namepros but avoids me on MSN
when finally contacted....
he says "I have tried my best but people dont want to join"
its been almost six months now!!

is this acceptable business practice??

ok....give me advice on what action I should take?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Veolus said:
I'm actually thinking of trying this contract idea just incase i think i will get scammed.

How exactly would I make this contract? What information would i put on this contract?

Sorry to go off topic guys, just wanting to know more about this contract idea

:hehe:

You can't enter into a legally binding contract by yourself, as you're a minor.

•••
daddypi said:
You can't enter into a legally binding contract by yourself, as you're a minor.

yes very true, but being a minor you could get your pairents to sign on your behalf??

•••
since you didn't get anything down on paper, its all down to your word against his.

•••
CrazyTech said:
To be frank, you've got a heck of a lot of nerve telling people how to conduct a business and use contracts when you yourself seemed to have missed out on business 101. If you say you're going to do something for money then you better do it - otherwise yes you are a fraud and a scammer. I'm sorry if you have family problems but there are ways to get help. You don't just promise to do something, get paid for it and then say "oops I can't do it anymore." When things get worked out you better be working to make that $100 back.

You're digging yourself a nice hole. If you yourself know that this cannot be done then why offer it?

I'm not here to attack you, but I'm not a fan of scammers and right now you're coming off as one.

CrazyTech you tell me where is the proof where he stated that he wanted 100 members where is the contract? Pretend you go to a police station or soemthing they wont beleive your words or something when you go to court they want the proof, when money is sent there is also a line of comment you can write stuff on where is the comment there at that time, there was none! So wheni stated i can help him get people visitin his forum i stated traffic i never stated members, you tell me if you tell your freinds, people on the web to join namepros, are they most likely going to join and start posting? or not? Seriously why would i agree to active members for 100$, when that is pretty much impossibly hard. I agreed to traffic! You people can say i am a scammer or shit, talk shit, but you people are the false ones, if there was no contract signed or nothing, he stated he wanted people to visit his forum! There could have been a misconfusion on the visit part too from what i thought traffic, from his prespective active members...

dweeb said:
since you didn't get anything down on paper, its all down to your word against his.

Alright my words were to bring traffic to his websites, not members!

•••
CrazyTech you tell me where is the proof where he stated that he wanted 100 members where is the contract? Pretend you go to a police station or soemthing they wont beleive your words or something when you go to court they want the proof, when money is sent there is also a line of comment you can write stuff on where is the comment there at that time, there was none! So wheni stated i can help him get people visitin his forum i stated traffic i never stated members, you tell me if you tell your freinds, people on the web to join namepros, are they most likely going to join and start posting? or not? Seriously why would i agree to active members for 100$, when that is pretty much impossibly hard. I agreed to traffic! You people can say i am a scammer or shit, talk shit, but you people are the false ones, if there was no contract signed or nothing, he stated he wanted people to visit his forum! There could have been a misconfusion on the visit part too from what i thought traffic, from his prespective active members...

There you go again, you arrogant attitude that you're smarter and know more than everyone isn't going to win anyone over at all. You forget one thing, this isn't the police station and this is the word of a firmly established member well known by everyone here against the word of someone much less established.

I tried getting him traffic and for his website told my friends to go on my msn list, but they all had problems signing up, i told him about that his websites having problem peopel cant visit the forum, peopel all dont wanna join you need more excitement, i got him traffic all that i could!

The above words are yours and not anyone elses. You asked for $100 from the man and then did a half way job of telling your friends and posting a few links. Certainly not a $100 worth of work and you're coming off very badly to anyone who reads this thread.

•••
CrazyTech said:
There you go again, you arrogant attitude that you're smarter and know more than everyone isn't going to win anyone over at all. You forget one thing, this isn't the police station and this is the word of a firmly established member well known by everyone here against the word of someone much less established.

The above words are yours and not anyone elses. You asked for $100 from the man and then did a half way job of telling your friends and posting a few links. Certainly not a $100 worth of work and you're coming off very badly to anyone who reads this thread.

That was just one way of traffic i got him, did i mention the others! Did i say the only kind of traffic i gave was telling... blah blah NOO i didnt say that!

•••
Jokez Guy said:
That was just one way of traffic i got him, did i mention the others! Did i say the only kind of traffic i gave was telling... blah blah NOO i didnt say that!

So what other ways did you use to promote his forum?

•••
Scott said:
So what other ways did you use to promote his forum?

I had posted on my websites that i previously was up and running www.cheap-kid.com, which i currently put down at a moment by stating its suspended, Then secondly whenever someone asked me about domains etc. i said visit namepros.com or Anforum.com. Also i had a few traffic credit from traffic swarm which i clicked everything and got him traiff via that.

* And btw he gave me the money and told me to get visitors to website, he gave me the money in advance then after when i said what can i do for you, he stated that get him traffic, which i did and tried what i could of done! *

•••
hmm jokez story seems possible, plus i wouldnt have paid til the traffic came so its kind of hippos fault too

•••
def1 said:
hmm jokez story seems possible, plus i wouldnt have paid til the traffic came so its kind of hippos fault too

well ...i wanted to help first because he said his "grandpa" was sick and needed the money "urgently"

if i had just wanted traffic....i would have gone to the "traffic merchants for $29.99" a shot!

well hard lesson learned!

•••
Don't worry redhippo, IMHO, only respectable person gets more businesses along their way. Scammers know how to change their names, faces, or appearances, but they don't know how to gain RESPECT!

•••
Even if jokez isnt a scammer and actually tried, he went about this all wrong and wasnt a good businessman.

•••
I think this is a take for Dj_Guvanas EScam forum thingie website!

Hate scammers, i got scammed on here but thats another story

•••
I am very sad to hear about the scam. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to try to promote your forums or anything to try to compensate for your loss of money. Again, I am very sad to see all the scamming going around lately.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back