Dynadot

Is this a scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I just acquired FreeApps.org with the intention of reselling it and a few days later i get an email from a guy saying he is interested in buying it. I tell him it is for sale at ****.com and then later he responds with a much higher price and then tells me that i gotta get it appraised and he sends a link of where to get it appraised and it just sounds like a scam? anybody have anything like this happen to them? I think he might be running the appraisal service and bringing himself business by pretending to be interested... i hope i'm wrong though

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes it's a scam. If you search this forum for the email address or name of the email sender you should find it posted in one of the threads.

•••
Typical Appraisal scam. Just delete it and move on. Welcome to NamePros by the way!

•••
It would be great if you can share email header info from the scammer.

Though this is a common scam, they take on a new name ever so often.

Glad you were smart enough to ask before paying.

•••
Welcome rootbrianfan.

Unfortunately you are right, it is someone trying to get business. Thanks for telling other people though, keeping awareness going is important.

•••
hundred percent a scam one of those cashier checks scams to

•••
Im sure 2009 will bring real sales :tu: Welcome to Namepros

•••
Welcome to NamePros. Yep looks like the typical scam email.

•••
Try using Scam Search just to double check if they are really a scam.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back