IT.COM

Is this NamePros scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
is this namepros Member scam?

a namepros member told me "sick family member needs money for medicine"

and for $100 he could bring members to my different forums
...so i paid him and i waited. .....after a while he says has exams...
then he borrows another $5.00 for something urgent
(i trusted him becos he's seems to be a good NP member)
still nothing happens....
when i ask for refund...he says his paypal is "frozen"

he still lurks around namepros but avoids me on MSN
when finally contacted....
he says "I have tried my best but people dont want to join"
its been almost six months now!!

is this acceptable business practice??

ok....give me advice on what action I should take?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Damn, that really sucks!

$100?!?!

Though, if they were a well known and respected member of NP, i may have been drawn into doing it too....

•••
To avoid this sort of thing, whenever something is over $100, I pay half before and half when the job is completed. For a $200 website, $100 goes for the domain and $100 for the files - at two seperate times. For a $100 job (unless the person owns his/her own design company), it's $50 before and $50 after.

Good luck getting this resolved, redhippo.

•••
i hope the mods would help resolve this before I post his name!!

•••
ah, name 'em already

redhippo said:
i hope the mods would help resolve this before I post his name!!

You should have known better, Redhippo... but more to the point, in order to discredit and warn others or at least force a response, you probably should name the guilty party... I don't think that';s against any rules.

And maybe that way some of xfactor's gushing won't need to be posted.....

Indisputably.

John

•••
hmm, thought I posted ..

anyways, deffinately let us know man. there is no reason not to. if the "offender" ends up fixing the issue, you can always edit his name out later, but right now.. its just allowing him to potentially scam others man.

•••
I would like to know who it is

•••
Post his name. He deserves whatever is coming his way.

•••
the name will come soon if he doesnt pay up

•••
•••
Yeah what happened with this was it resolved or is the scammer still out there?

•••
Veolus said:
I'm actually thinking of trying this contract idea just incase i think i will get scammed.

How exactly would I make this contract? What information would i put on this contract?

Sorry to go off topic guys, just wanting to know more about this contract idea

:hehe:

You get a lawyer to write up the contract, but I would recommend looking around the net for someone who has law qualifications to do one for you. :hehe:

•••
If he didnt pay up, we all want the name! :p

•••
Hello people i have found this thread right now when redhippo informed when he never informed me in 6 months, I had a few family problems, which i was not on msn the whole time, my computer is always online! Why would i commit a scam here! Especially on redhippo a well respected member of Namepros, He said he will give me 100$ which i was not demanding but he insisted to take it, he stated that as long as i get him traffic he will be satisfied. I tried getting him traffic and for his website told my friends to go on my msn list, but they all had problems signing up, i told him about that his websites having problem peopel cant visit the forum, peopel all dont wanna join you need more excitement, i got him traffic all that i could! He never stated that he wanted member seriously if he wanted liek 1000 members for 100$ or soemthing i just cant do it, or i could get peopel to sign up but no one would post, common i told him he needs excitement in his forum needs stufff. THen after i do regret about the 5$ which i borrowed from him and my paypal account got frozen due to some stupid reason paypalsucks.com, but i have just got my account back a few days ago back to live, Then right now i just talked to him when he gave me this link he said he wanted members and he can prove it, im liek What the heck? Im like alright prove it shwo me the conversation, which he does not have, now he is saying " i remember what you said" please, i am no fraud, or nothing, i know i have family problems but you dont have to attack on me as if i am a scammer. Now we are talking and he is attacking me as if i am scammer!

Also i did keep him upto to date, saying that he needs to fix this better, make this better, fix the errors!

Also please notice, whenever you do a busines you do a contract sign make the person sign it, or on internet what i do is tell person to email me, stating what they are going to do for it, the contract sign part is for the people who is sending the money, so i can have a backup resource, which in business there is a contract!

•••
I believe about half of what you are saying and nothing that you have posted.Months go by and you decide to come to post,,I was born on a day,,But not yesterday.

Last edited:
•••
Xfactor said:
I believe about half of what you are saying and nothing that you have posted.Months go by and you decide to come to post,,I was born a day,,But not yesterday.

I did not even know a thread about me has been started, Redhippo just informed me a few minutes ago, when i saw and posted!

•••
The usual o'l BS story,,,I didn't know until now..I didn't say it..I didn't do it..You have to belive me...The proof is in the pudding.Enough said

•••
Are you related to Kevin (old NemoHosting.com owner) or TheBush?

Thank you

Sin

•••
Nope im not related to them! I swear to allah that i didnt even know about this thread! Seriously Xfactor you have to fix up your way you speak to other people! If i new this thread was going on first place why wouldnt i post that time, why the heck am i posting right now! DOnt you think posting first makes the stuff more clear, and faster to resolve, why would i be posting right now then, because i didnt friggin know, Alright!

•••
I speak to people the way they need to be spoken to...In your case iam actually being somewhat polite,,Enjoy it why you can,,Cause if you want to tie one on with me...Your working your way right into it..So just keep it up..The bottom line without all the mush involved is that you took redhippo for a ride...You can whine,You can play the reverse physcology game,,It wont work with me pal.I have expierence in this field..If you read under my user name...Consider yourself one.

•••
Jokez Guy said:
I did not even know a thread about me has been started, Redhippo just informed me a few minutes ago, when i saw and posted!

i did post you name because ..i want to know if this is fair...you have now identified yourself....

ok you said that you send tons of traffic to my site but wheres the proof(actually our deal was for members)

you said you " i have posted on the sig on a number of forums but they have CLOSED down?"

you said "i have put a link on my site cheapkid....but now ite suspended?"

the deal was for active members not tracffic...lol...i could buy tons of visitors
for $29.99

•••
redhippo said:
i did post you name because ..i want to know if this is fair...you have now identified yourself....

ok you said that you send tons of traffic to my site but wheres the proof(actually our deal was for members)

you said you " i have posted on the sig on a number of forums but they have CLOSED down?"

you said "i have put a link on my site cheapkid....but now ite suspended?"

the deal was for active members not tracffic...lol...i could buy tons of visitors
for $29.99

Seriously active members just dont join like that, all you know even RJ you know the forum, do peopel just join in a forum just like that?? There has to be stuff going on intersteing stuff to make teh user sign up and post stuff to be active. Secondly i said i just put the website down for a while but, www.cheap-kid.com i also advertised your website on there, i also posted the link on this forum probally a few visitors visited and probally saw and could tell him,

•••
Ok, why not stop all this bitching like school girls and just give him back his money? atleast you will keep some respect (little that you have left), be a real man ;)

Thank you

Sin

•••
Sinfully Wicked said:
Ok, why not stop all this bitching like school girls and just give him back his money? atleast you will keep some respect (little that you have left), be a real man ;)

Thank you

Sin

Well put, Redhippo ALWAYS pays when due, and you should respect someone like him.

•••
Also please notice, whenever you do a busines you do a contract sign make the person sign it, or on internet what i do is tell person to email me, stating what they are going to do for it, the contract sign part is for the people who is sending the money, so i can have a backup resource, which in business there is a contract!

To be frank, you've got a heck of a lot of nerve telling people how to conduct a business and use contracts when you yourself seemed to have missed out on business 101. If you say you're going to do something for money then you better do it - otherwise yes you are a fraud and a scammer. I'm sorry if you have family problems but there are ways to get help. You don't just promise to do something, get paid for it and then say "oops I can't do it anymore." When things get worked out you better be working to make that $100 back.

Seriously active members just dont join like that, all you know even RJ you know the forum, do peopel just join in a forum just like that?? There has to be stuff going on intersteing stuff to make teh user sign up and post stuff to be active. Secondly i said i just put the website down for a while but, www.cheap-kid.com i also advertised your website on there, i also posted the link on this forum probally a few visitors visited and probally saw and could tell him,

You're digging yourself a nice hole. If you yourself know that this cannot be done then why offer it?

I'm not here to attack you, but I'm not a fan of scammers and right now you're coming off as one.

•••
Yes. just give the 100$ refund and say sorry ...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back