Dynadot

Is this NamePros scam?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
is this namepros Member scam?

a namepros member told me "sick family member needs money for medicine"

and for $100 he could bring members to my different forums
...so i paid him and i waited. .....after a while he says has exams...
then he borrows another $5.00 for something urgent
(i trusted him becos he's seems to be a good NP member)
still nothing happens....
when i ask for refund...he says his paypal is "frozen"

he still lurks around namepros but avoids me on MSN
when finally contacted....
he says "I have tried my best but people dont want to join"
its been almost six months now!!

is this acceptable business practice??

ok....give me advice on what action I should take?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dude..RED!

Who is this thief!?!?!?!?!??!?!

•••
This kind of activity needs to stop here.It's ridiculous and nothing but SCAMMING!! These people need to go somewhere else with thier scamming activity.And because of the huge member numbers here i can see where it is hard to keep up with all of them.They need to go Staff,This is the best Domain name site on the net IMO,,Bad PR,and it must be combated IMO

•••
Acceptable business practice?!?!?!?!?! No!!! He said he'd get you members and he hasn't.

However, you should have asked for a contract to be drawn out and for both parties to sign it. That would have been a way around it. I know it seems a bit silly just for some members, but, sometimes its worth it if the situation turns out like this.

•••
Here is the bottom line in my opinion,Redhippo trys to help a member out and gets shafted.I don't care about contracts, Or he said vs he said,It makes no difference.Redhippo got shafted for being a good person and trying to help a member out period.Now i've been shafted here too,And i'll tell ya,Iam not near as friendly as i was,I treat people the way they treat me,But this garb has to stop IMO,Iam sure iam making some folks mad at me and my rep is proly squat now,But i'll say this,I will never keep my mouth shut when it comes to people trying to do good things,And get scammed,I get very upset when this happens.The scammers must be diverted out of here!

Last edited:
•••
whos the scammer?
like John says; Scammers Are Scum! lol

•••
Sometimes it's hard to be a nice guy :(

•••
Sorry to hear it Red ~
Trust is becoming a figure of speech on the internet it now seems .... Is this someone you've dealt with in the past as well ??

•••
name and shame so others cant be scammed

•••
Xfactor said:
Here is the bottom line in my opinion,Redhippo trys to help a member out and gets shafted.I don't care about contracts, Or he said vs he said,It makes no difference.Redhippo got shafted for being a good person and trying to help a member out period.Now i've been shafted here too,And i'll tell ya,Iam not near as friendly as i was,I treat people the way they treat me,But this garb has to stop IMO,Iam sure iam making some folks mad at me and my rep is proly squat now,But i'll say this,I will never keep my mouth shut when it comes to people trying to do good things,And get scammed,I get very upset when this happens.The scammers must be diverted out of here!

I am not saying the scammer is good! Quite the opposite! I am saying there were ways that the situation could have been averted, but the situation shouldn't have needed them. In a community, we all help each other out. My comment about the contracts was if it was a business transaction.

I say name and shame the scammer so we can get rid of him!!

•••
I think the best thing to do is to post the username here in the public forum, and then let this person try to explain there self. Stories normally get straightened out when they are posted in the public. Sorry to hear about your bad experience!

Tom

•••
the person should be shot...then hung..then burnt at the stake...

•••
Jammer said:
the person should be shot...then hung..then burnt at the stake...

You forgot the lethal injection and the electric chair...

•••
red till us who the guy is. We can't call him a scammer until we hear his side of the story.

•••
redhippo said:
for $100 he could bring members

Was it a he or she? PM answer if you like.

•••
Yes, he needs his knees caned, but the word gullible springs to mind! No offence.

charbar.

•••
redhippo said:
is this namepros Member scam?

a namepros member told me "sick family member needs money for medicine"

and for $100 he could bring members to my different forums
...so i paid him and
You actually paid him? IMHO, by reading this message I can tell right away that this is a downright scam. If he can afford internet access and a computer, then he can obviously pay the $100.

•••
This site is going through a growth trend,RJ and the staff here do not deserve this burdin of all these scammers,We have access to the BEST domain name site on the net.The largest majority of the comunity are honest and great people.But for you few scammers here,People are watching you,You will not come here and scam this comunity and get away with it! Tracing is simple,Rather behind a proxy or not,You are being closly watched! :red: We have a great comunity here at Namepros and scammers will not come here and prey on our good people.

•••
Report it to the staff here. As its been 6 months nothing much is going to change from your point of view, but it may prevent others suffering the same fate. I'd let them take it up with the member concerned. Sorry to hear you were scammed.

•••
if you dont post members names, hes prob trying it with other members who are gonna wait 6 months to start a thread, report to staff

•••
xtreme-forums said:
if you dont post members names, hes prob trying it with other members who are gonna wait 6 months to start a thread, report to staff

I agree,Report this users name to the staff asap if you don't wish to post it.

•••
I think there is something going on behind the scenes..hence why he isnt replying right now.

there's only a handful here I trust beyond all comparison here, red being one of them... give him time and he will update us when he is able to.

•••
If there's something going on behind the scenes, it doesn't involve me. I have not been informed about the situation.

Besides knowing who we're talking about, I would like to know exactly what the deal was for the $100 payment. For instance, was there a minimum number of signups he was promising or was payment for certain acts of promotion or advertising?

Hippo, please open a private-to-staff thread if you would like staff assistance.

•••
will7 said:
Acceptable business practice?!?!?!?!?! No!!! He said he'd get you members and he hasn't.

However, you should have asked for a contract to be drawn out and for both parties to sign it. That would have been a way around it. I know it seems a bit silly just for some members, but, sometimes its worth it if the situation turns out like this.

I'm actually thinking of trying this contract idea just incase i think i will get scammed.

How exactly would I make this contract? What information would i put on this contract?

Sorry to go off topic guys, just wanting to know more about this contract idea

:hehe:

•••
ya, sorry about that red, i know ive done some business with you in the past, and you're a good guy. It's just something in life that happens. due to me getting scammed, i dont work without a downpayment now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back