IT.COM

Scammed By A NamePros Member

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello everyone,

The guy is ChrisMJ:
http://www.namepros.com/member.php?u=18470

I sold him the site Img-Tag.com for $125. I pushed the domain and sent him the files, he said he had sent the money to my PayPal. I checked but nothing, so I presumed it was a short delay. Nearly a week on still no money has arrived. I've emailed Chris, I've waited for him on MSN when he says he's going to be on and isn't, I've sent him numerous PM's, and nothing.

Now the only thing I can do is expose him after giving him every chance, but be left $125 down.

It doesn't look like I'll ever be seeing the money nor the site returned, I'd just like everyone to be aware of this member, as this could happen to you. Unless Chris redeems himself and pays up for what he has so far stolen, in my mind he is nothing but a scammer.

Thanks,
Gareth.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow.. lots of scammers here. First of all you should've gotten the money first.
But he should have paid you.
I'm PMing him now demanding that he give money to you, and I'll be banging on his door next time!

•••
Thanks for all the great support guys, it's good to see :) Still I haven't heard a thing from him. Even though he was last active: Today 01:28 PM.

•••
And he didn't even do anything in this topic?

•••
wvccboy said:
And he didn't even do anything in this topic?
No, not a thing. We'll have to see whether or not he replied to any PM's...he certainly hasn't replied to mine.

•••
Same over here..
I warned him that NamePros could ban him ;)

•••
In addition to being active here, he posted an entry on his blog today!
I hope ChrisMJ does the right thing and pays the money you rightfully earned.

Gareth said:
Still I haven't heard a thing from him. Even though he was last active: Today 01:28 PM.

•••
Sorry to hear this, I hope he comes up like a man and gives you your money.

•••
Leave him a comment on his blog and see what happens.

•••
franchise said:
Leave him a comment on his blog and see what happens.
Damn, I was just about to but the 'submit' button doesn't work on his blog :(

•••
At this point I'd consider taking it to the authorities. Contact the police department and file a report against this thief.

http://www.psni.police.uk/

•••
•••
microdude431 said:
Last Activity: Today 10:58 AM
Viewing Thread Scammed By A Namepros Member :( @ 10:58 AM

He obviously knows this thread is here...

I know he does. He will be permanently branded as a thief and scammer over this. This will follow him around well beyond just his NamePros account being closed. And what for? Because a too trusting of a seller left him a small window of opportunity to take advantage? It's pretty sad that someone is willing to sell their soul for $125.

•••
Kerrijo said:
http://whois.domaintools.com/img-tag.com - full address on here.

Isn't there a 14 day period where you can report fraud to Godaddy? Transfer fraud? Info says May 17th...may be too late now.

This is on most emails received from godaddy when there is a change on the account:

You do not need to respond to this email. If, however, you think this change may have been made in error or fraudulently, please contact us within 15 days.
Not if you push the site i did that with a site and the guy said he sent the money and never did , i called them and they told me there was nothing could be done as the site was gone from my account i could report it to secureserver or something but thats a waste of time, i did get it back however when i googled him and come to find out he went to alot of webmaster forums, from his email and i told him if he didnt give it back i would go all over the web and post the log from the icq to show he was a scammer, needless to say he pushed it back in 10 mins, i got lucky i always google people if nothing shows up thats good, but if there is something bad alot of times you can find it by doing that

•••
Oh, sorry to hear that Denise. :(

RJ - why would you just "brand" Chris as a thief and scammer (under his username) give him all those red ratings and not BAN him from the forums?

•••
kerrijo said:
RJ - why would you just "brand" Chris as a thief and scammer (under his username) give him all those red ratings and not BAN him from the forums?

Humiliation...it's like the scarlet letter...I love it. If he was banned, he'd be forgotten about soon enough. This way, everytime someone reviews one of the 124 of his posts, they'll see that label...

HE SHOULD JUST BE GLAD HE DIDN'T GET THE CHARLIE WENZLE TREATMENT! Does anyone remember that kid?

[edit] I found the original NP post about Charlie Wenzel...it's here Maybe this guy will read and learn... [/edit]

Last edited:
•••
Kerrijo said:
Oh, sorry to hear that Denise. :(

Don't take that as indication this does not deserve a ban. The only reason his account remains open is to allow him to read/respond to private messages and/or this thread.

•••
ChrisMJ-

I'd read the link about Charlie, not worth any domain if you end up like him!

From Google: "Web Results 1 - 10 of about 1,290,000 for Charlie Wenzel. (0.03 seconds)"

Thats alot of BAD publicity for $125 domain.... think about it

We can all see you still stop by to visit....
Last Activity: Yesterday 09:58 AM

•••
movingconcierge said:
Humiliation...it's like the scarlet letter...I love it. If he was banned, he'd be forgotten about soon enough. This way, everytime someone reviews one of the 124 of his posts, they'll see that label...

HE SHOULD JUST BE GLAD HE DIDN'T GET THE CHARLIE WENZLE TREATMENT! Does anyone remember that kid?

[edit] I found the original NP post about Charlie Wenzel...it's here Maybe this guy will read and learn... [/edit]
Oh Man, and I thought we were friends.... Page 10 of 73 and stuck, cant stop.... wish I had never seen this. I'll get you for this Sequoia. lol

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
Sorry Brother...you have no idea the pain...I read that damn story cover to cover...'bout six hours all told...worth every minute.

That Charlie Wenzel got his virtual ASS KICKED up and down...there's a few sites named after him too...

•••
I can help ruin this guy if he doesn't pay you or give you the domain. PM me if you want me to help you runi him.

•••
Sorry to hear about your problems...just an idea, have you tried contacting his host...at least they can take the site offline or close his account...

•••
Oh okay, I'll have to check Charlie's story out. It's good to see everyone banding together and helping each other out on here. :)

•••
This guy needs to get a life. Thanks for the warning, and good luck to you. If he has ANY sense, what-so-ever, he'll pay up or give the domain back. Otherwise, I don't think he'll be able to have a very successful career in the domain and web industry anymore.

Oh the nerve.... makes me sick.

•••
do you think the guy should be "wenzeled" :hehe:

•••
kevmacmeh said:
do you think the guy should be "wenzeled" :hehe:
Looks like it's about that time, huh?
:imho:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back