Dynadot

Is this a tech glitch or GoDaddy Greed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ikhub

Top Member
Impact
Recently listed a domain in afternic, with Fast Transfer (domain is registered with GD).

This is what it shows when the domain is searched in GD.:

kM6otYG.png

But when searched in GD auctions, it shows this:

buDHmZi.png

The buy now price in gd auctions is exactly the amount which I put in Afternic.
I am wondering,
  • why is there a four fold price difference in normal search and the one in auction platform of GD?
  • if the domain sells for the price shown in normal search, is the seller eligible to receive that amount or the one listed in afternic?
  • Isn't GD showing a four fold price will obviously reduce the chance of getting the domain sold?
  • Lastly, rather this came in my mind first, is it a technical glitch or is it on purpose by GD?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It’s a basically worthless domain name. When such names are entered into GD Appraisal or anything to do with GD it comes back with meaningless figures. The system tries to respond appropriately but cannot when the domain name is so bad that there are no meaningful comparables.

I know that this is not to do with GD Appraisal tool but similar situation.

BTW GD Appraisal appraises it at $321. which is actually generous.

Last edited:
•••
The price you're seeing there in the search might be somehow related to your local currency. Based on the name, perhaps it's something in rupees that exceeds 1,000,000 and that may have caused a glitch. Just guessing. Either way, as xynames said... this name probably isn't worth anything to anyone.

•••
Thank you @xynames for your appraisal, though my intention was not to ask for an appraisal, the issue is two different price in same platform for same domain.
The point @SuperBrander pointed out can be a reason for a glitch.

•••
It’s a basically worthless domain name. When such names are entered into GD Appraisal or anything to do with GD it comes back with meaningless figures. The system tries to respond appropriately but cannot when the domain name is so bad that there are no meaningful comparables.

I know that this is not to do with GD Appraisal tool but similar situation.

BTW GD Appraisal appraises it at $321. which is actually generous.
I couldn't stop laughing bro.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back