Dynadot

Any reasons to list your domains at regular GD auctions if ...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Primary Names

Top Member
Impact
This is just an effort to make sure I am not failing to utilize a possibly added exposure to my domains by having them not listed at regular GD auctions, after having them listed on GD premium and Afternic.

AFAIK, there are three entities that affect the domain listings on GD platform. Afternic, regular GD auctions and GD premium listings. My opinion so far is that listing domains at regular GD auction is redundant after having it listed at afternic AND GD premium.

My focus is on endusers, not the domainers. So I would like my domains to appear on the main GD search rather than on GD auctions page. I think that endusers are hardly aware of the concept of godaddy auctions. I mean, I think an enduser will rather just search for a domain at home page or any top-level page at GD, and be done instead of looking for a specific GD auctions page to search for a domain.

I think that I have got my bases covered because GD auctions is already pulling your data from premium listing and GD search is pulling it from your Afternic listing. Below is a proof of this concept.

I have a domain named L E D G E R I N C dotcom that I have listed at regular GD auctions for $2895 and I have it listed on afternic for $2495. When I searched for the domain on GD homepage, it pulls my listing from Afternic instead of pulling it from GD auctions listing.

Now I have another domain - W A L L E T F I R S T dotcom as GD premium listing. If I go to GD auctions page and search for this domain - it pulls the price from the premium listings.
gNP1ew6.png

So to reiterate - are there any other reasons of also listing a domain at regular GD auctions, if it is already listed on GD premium and Afternic ? Would like to know your thoughts on this.

PS - I am aware that GD premium is only for domains registered at GD or transferred into GD.
@alcy - I think you sell frequently on GD. Any thoughts on this ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
first if you list a domain at 7 days GD auction then make sure it is set at make offer in afternic otherwise you will get yourself in trouble if it was sold on both.

If you want your domain to appear in GD auctions search for extra exposure then you can list it as 90 days offer/counteroffer, and keep it listed with BIN at afternic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back