GoDaddy search showing incorrect price

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LunarJump

Established Member
Impact
Have had this name listed at afternic for 499usd for 4+ months

It seems the previous owner had it listed on GD auctions for $50k

When searching for the name, GD show the previous owner's old auction price despite me having verified ownership of the name at afternic and dan

Emailed support.
This really sucks.
1709137656933.png
1709137652358.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Interesting. Where is it pulling that price from? @GoDaddy

Brad

•••
Checked a bunch of names and it seems GD prioritise Auctions listings to show in the search

•••
Checked a bunch of names and it seems GD prioritise Auctions listings to show in the search
That might be the case, but there needs to be a way for domain owners to find and remove these listings.

It's kind of pointless if you list domains for sale and other invalid listings are taking priority over them.

Brad

•••
Have had this name listed at afternic for 499usd for 4+ months

It seems the previous owner had it listed on GD auctions for $50k

When searching for the name, GD show the previous owner's old auction price despite me having verified ownership of the name at afternic and dan

Emailed support.
This really sucks.
Show attachment 253408Show attachment 253407
Did you contact customer service and get a response?

•••
Did you contact customer service and get a response?
Yeah they took the previous owner's auction listing down.
Don't know why GD doesn't automate delisting when ownership changes like Sedo do.

Anyway now I have this
I know it is a kak name that won't sell anyway but would at least like to have a chance of an inbound sale

1709213215176.png

•••
Yeah they took the previous owner's auction listing down.
Don't know why GD doesn't automate delisting when ownership changes like Sedo do.

Anyway now I have this
I know it is a kak name that won't sell anyway but would at least like to have a chance of an inbound sale

Show attachment 253455

The auction platform should always be first on your pre-list check before adding domains to Afternic.

Reason being, the force is strong with the auction feeds and any domains directly listed via the auction platform have front of site path priority at Godaddy and they love to battle for first with the Fast Transfer feeds.

They are very problematic, which is why it's always best to clear them first.

As you now know, simply adding the domain to Afternic will not automatically override or end these errant listings. You either need to know the workarounds or have someone manually end them.

With all the monitoring that goes on, It would be extremely helpful to everyone if they has a system in place like Sedo has to at least automatically remove dropped domains.

That alone would eliminate many of the issues that plague both Afternic and the Godaddy auction, but for whatever reason they have yet to come up with a solution for that.

You mentioned Sedo automatically delisting when ownship changes.

As far as I know, Sedo only delists when domains sell through their platform, drop or someone cries trademark infringment.

That being said, I'm guessing the following listing is yours, in which case, you might want to update the price for the sake of platform continuity.

If it's not yours, you should obviously request it's removal.

webmisto.PNG

•••
Thanks for sharing your experience, @LunarJump, and we're glad our support team solved this one for you. We are looking at ways to reduce this scenario, and it is certainly one of our focuses right now. We appreciate the feedback in this thread!

•••
The auction platform should always be first on your pre-list check before adding domains to Afternic.

Reason being, the force is strong with the auction feeds and any domains directly listed via the auction platform have front of site path priority at Godaddy and they love to battle for first with the Fast Transfer feeds.

They are very problematic, which is why it's always best to clear them first.

As you now know, simply adding the domain to Afternic will not automatically override or end these errant listings. You either need to know the workarounds or have someone manually end them.
I wasn't aware of this issue. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'd rather not check one domain at a time. Do you have any tips on how to remove potential auction listings in an efficient way?

Last edited:
•••
What is the commission for GD auctions now?
I guess listing everything there would be a temp fix for this

•••
I wasn't aware of this issue. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'd rather not check one domain at a time. Do you have any tips on how to remove potential auction listings in an efficient way?

@DrJacoby - I sent you a PM

•••
•••
Many of my names are not showing in GD search at all despite being listed on afternic and dan
Am I doing something wrong?

1709406856793.png

1709406866364.png

Deleted everything on afternic and Dan and reuploaded my portfolio yesterday but still is hit and miss with GD search

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back