Dynadot

GoDaddy Auctions VS Afternic

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What are the pros and cons to listing on:

GD Auctions
GD Premium Auctions
Afternic

For the most exposure and best commission fees in 2019, what's the best place to list out of the 3. Since Afternic is owned by GD, is it at all beneficial to list directly through Afternic?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think they all have the same commission rates of 20%. I choose to list on Afternic because your listing will also be listed on GoDaddy. I think it's not true the other way around. Also, I believe Afternic is probably the most respected domain sales outlet.

•••
Afternic gets the most exposure I believe.

•••
Well for one thing Afternic is not auctions! So, are you comparing Afternic marketplace with GoDaddy marketplace, which are more or less half dozen of one, six of the other (meaning overlapping), or comparing Afternic with GD AUCTIONS which is “totally different head” to use the old California surfer slang.

Last edited:
•••
+ Afternic (no listings fee/ no membership fee).

•••
+ Afternic (no listings fee/ no membership fee).

Well its the difference between $0 and $5/year, for as many domains as you like. It's hardly a significant factor.

•••
vote for Sedo.com
fast payout

•••
If your domain isn't at least 4L.com, it will never sell on Godaddy auctions. That or you will lose your shirt.

Oversimplified claim, but still essentially true.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back