Dynadot

Is Sedo DONE?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
Ok, so let's face it - Sedo has been around for a while, it's platform could do with a complete overhaul, and they've made it much more difficult in listing names.

Is now about time Sedo closed it's doors?
What do YOU think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last week Californian company purchased clean.tech for $30K in MakeOffer mode at Sedo...
Just another example that US buyers and Sedo are absolutely organic.

•••
And don't send emails!
Use their LiveChat OR ticket system.

•••
@Sedo
Please remove the absolutely unnecessary MX record from your DNS template for parked domains.
What purpose?
It resolves to your IP address.
Hidden email monetization or what???

Remove it definitely.

•••
No hard numbers here...but I would suspect many end users especially outside Europe havent heard of sedo even if they have bought a sedo domain because of mls all they know is they bought the domain though whichever registrar.
SedoMLS is NOT supported by GoDaddy, so it has no any impact on the US/CA buyers.

Last edited:
•••
And overall, I never had any sales via @Sedo MLS since it is provided. ZERO results.
All my Sedo sales were done via their escrow or by direct visitors to the parked domains there, including many US buyers.

Last edited:
•••
SedoMLS is NOT supported by GoDaddy, so it has no any impact on the US/CA buyers.

Believe it or not, not everyone (even in the US) uses Godaddy as their registrar....

Last edited:
•••
Almost everyone - if we are talking about US/CA endusers. From my own sales experience and observation.
Even the mentioned above clean.tech confirms that GD is #1 for them.

And that's why GD has more domains than all other registrars even cumulatively.

•••
Regarding Afternic...
Already listed domains (obsolete listings) can be removed only manually by emailing them... and it takes 2 days or longer...

With Sedo ownership review is automatic via TXT record (for new or obsolete listings) or via their nameservers (for non-listed domains). I usually spend no more than few minutes at Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
Ok, so let's face it - Sedo has been around for a while, it's platform could do with a complete overhaul, and they've made it much more difficult in listing names.

Is now about time Sedo closed it's doors?
What do YOU think?
So it's not just me? I'm just getting started in domaining (but have some excellent mentors) and lots of IM and marketing experience. Can't for the life of me figure out how to properly list a non-parked domain on SEDO. Craziness.

•••
So it's not just me? I'm just getting started in domaining (but have some excellent mentors) and lots of IM and marketing experience. Can't for the life of me figure out how to properly list a non-parked domain on SEDO. Craziness.

Hi Redfoxdomains.

Thanks for your comment.

To add domains to your account, follow this process:

1. Log into your Sedo account.

2. Go to My Sedo > Add Domains.

3. Enter your domains in the field provided.

4. Check the box to confirm you have read and accepted Sedo’s User Agreement.

5. Click the green button "Go to Step 2".

6. Choose the Price option, Currency and fill in the amount in the Price field for your domains if desired (these may be modified later).

7. Click the green button "Go to Step 3".

8. Now you can choose to read about our SedoMLS Premium service or go directly to the Domain Management section of your account by pressing the green button “Finish Adding Domains”.

After you have listed your domains as for sale in your Sedo account you will need to verify your ownership, to prove that you have the rights to sell the domains you listed. Verifying domains improves the integrity of the marketplace and gives buyers the security and confidence they need when purchasing domains on our platform that the owner is who they say they are.

In order to verify your domains you will need to make changes at your registrars account, just note that your registrars account may look different internally to the example we provide Name.com in the screenshot. If you are unsure of how to change the settings at your registrars account after reading this email, then you will need to contact your registrars customer support team for assistance to ask them where to input the information we provide

There are a few ways of verifying your domains, but we recommend the fastest method which is an automatic verification method where you enter your personal Ownership Verification ID into the TXT- or CNAME-record field in the DNS settings of your domains registrar account. The registrar is where you registered the domain initially and where you pay your renewal fees to, so you will need to login there to enter the information.

Sedo provides you with a personal ID in your account under "Domain Management" under the tab "Owner Self-Verification". This ID is always the same for any domains you add and is individual to your Sedo account. You need to copy this ID and paste it to your registrars account. To find your Ownership Verification ID in your account, login to your Sedo account, select My Account, and then select Account settings, there you can see your individual ID code, copy it, you will need to paste this into your registrars account.

So login to your registrars account, look for an action or menu option which says something like edit/add DNS settings.

Enter your verification ID into the TXT record field of your domains.

Should your registrar also require you to submit a Hostname, then simply enter the “@” sign.

Also, if you need to enter a TTL value, please enter “3600”.

upload_2019-12-20_10-10-6.png

An alternative method for verifying is using the CNAME method at your registrars account:

Login to your Sedo account, select My Account, and Account settings to see your personal ownership verification ID, and copy this code.

Then, login at your registrars account, and look for an action or menu to edit/ or add DNS settings.

Enter CNAME into the Type of record field.

As host name: paste in your Verification ID which you copied from your Sedo account.

As Value: please input verify.sedo.com.

If you are asked to enter a TTL value at then please enter “3600”

upload_2019-12-20_10-10-13.png

You can also verify your domains with us using the DNS parking-Verification method by forwarding the Name Servers of the domains to Sedos servers. If you choose this method, nameserver 1 should be forwarded to NS1.SEDOPARKING.COM and nameserver 2 should be forwarded to NS2.SEDOPARKING.COM. To do this log into your registrars account and look for the option to change name servers under your DNS settings. After you do this the domains will show our parked page and the domains will be verified by the system.

Once you have completed one of the verification methods, please allow for the technical change to take place, it may not be instant. Any changes you make to your DNS settings should happen quickly but can take up to 72 hours until the technical changes take full effect. In addition to this, our system could also take up to 24 hours to register the changes from your registrars account so please allow this time to pass first before worrying that the process did not work. Should your domains remain unverified after this time or If you are not able to use any of the owner verification methods listed above, please contact us via [email protected] from the email address registered with your Sedo. If you are having any technical difficulties inputting the information at the registrars account, then you should submit your questions to the support team of your registrar.

If you do not take any steps to verify the domains you have added, after 10 days, you will get an email to confirm that our system has automatically deleted them.

All the best Chris

Attachments

• upload_2019-12-20_9-57-35.png
    upload_2019-12-20_9-57-35.png
    73.3 KB · Views: 227
  • upload_2019-12-20_9-58-9.png
    upload_2019-12-20_9-58-9.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 232
•••
Wow. This is hands down the best forum I have ever been involved with. Thank you so much for the explanation. I've followed these instructions and and now have my 1st 4 listed. YEAH! One isn't verifying but that's a problem on my end. I added the ownership to the wrong hosting account.

Thanks so much.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back