NamesCon2020

Is it important to have a landing page for your domain?

Located in Domain Beginners started by memaniacs, Dec 8, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. memaniacs

memaniacs Established Member

Is it really very important to have a landing page for your domain? If yes then what are the ways and approx price to have that and best hosting site. If no, will that affect your domain when you are going to sell it.
    Thank you guys if you can just share brief views or experiences

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Knup Solutions

Knup Solutions Gambling & iGaming Domain Professional Gold Account

I’m a believer in creating landing pages for each domain. It allows me to control the content, capture leads, capture stats and more.

I use Clickfunnels for my LP’s... But that is only because I’m a long time user. If I was starting over I’d probably just use some basic Wordpress template and configure it like I want.

Good luck!

3. memaniacs

even just for landing page we have to go for hosting? I mean how much it cost approx. And if you have landing page can we sell domain direct to the buyer just by giving our contact details on the landing page?
    thanks

4. winst

winst Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I've started a few month ago to move my domain names from parking to WordPress Multisite.

I'm a bit more technical than the average domainers, but here are my reasons:
    • An unlimited shared WordPress hosting is pretty cheap.
    • Many hosting companies offer free SSL for each domain names
    • Google Analytics can collect all sorts of user behaviors info, time, city, and pages users visit
    • Each domain name can have the same template or different theme/content
    • Custom contact form or make-an-offer for each domains.
    • I could have Google Adsense, Affiliate Links or other revenue generator for domain
    • It is a lot more work but I know exactly how many visitors and who is making the offer.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  5. vij

vij Established Member

firstly, answer is resounding YES. now you can have landing page free of cost in any of the registrars with market, like SEDO, DAN, EPIK etc amongst many more.
    hope this helps.

6. lock

lock PremiumNameDomain.com VIP

I wouldn't know how to do it without one.

7. memaniacs

thank you guys. This information will help a lot

8. Furquah

Furquah Brand Ambassador INDIA Epik.com Staff VIP

Having a landing page by yourself will require you lots of work and some technical knowledge but there are many registrars and domain marketplace which offer you to have a landing page on your domain. Check Epik.com, Dan, Sedo, Afternic........

9. memaniacs

ok I'll give them a try
    thanks

10. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes formerly MetBob NameTalent Gold Account VIP Trusted Blogger

I think it is almost critical to have a landing page (possible exception where you have super-elite positive generic word in .com and the world will find you). Luckily you don't need pay a cent to have one. Your registrar will offer options if you have it listed for sale through them, or if you have it at a registrar without a marketplace you can without cost list it on Sedo, DAN or Afternic and only pay if the name sells in the form of a commission (check the rates and minimums, if any).

Best wishes,

Bob

11. memaniacs

Thanks Bob, even I don't know how to manage, so I'll check the registrar who can provide this

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice