Dynadot

Is GoDaddy a LowDaddy? (Cross-posted)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As evidenced below, this afternoon, I successfully registered the domain names CARRIAGE.COM, POWERMATIC.COM and SNESROM.COM, two of which were scheduled drops.

RECEIPT NUMBER: 7423432
--------------------------------------------------------------
1 .COM Domain Name Registration - 1 Year $ 8.95
CARRIAGE.COM

RECEIPT NUMBER: 7423782
POWERMATIC.COM

RECEIPT NUMBER: 7423550
SNESROM.COM

Suffice it say that nailing these primo domains made for an exultant day at the market. However, about 20 minutes thereafter, I received the following notifications from GoDaddy:

The following domain name has failed to be registered:

CARRIAGE.COM

Error: pendsetup: (540) Attribute value not unique;

We will evaluate this error and retry the registration if appropriate.

I received identical "too bad" notices for POWERMATIC.COM and SNESROM.COM, the latter of which appeared unexpectedly as "available" when I logged into my account, assumedly because SNESROM.US. is already registered in my account.

LOOK -->
godaddy.html

As you might expect, I'm rather pissed. And suddenly highly suspcious of GoDaddy -- not for having lost out on SNESROM.COM, because a subsequent whois reveals that it is, in fact, registered through 16-Mar-2004. But because CARRIAGE.COM and POWERMATIC.COM were drops that I had apparently snagged.

Any suggestions as to how I might best address this thorny subject with GoDaddy? Is compensation (beyond the promised refund of registration fees) a reasonable expectation?

How would YOU react if you were in my shoes.com?

Scott

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also had the same problem last week on a premium domain name I have been monitoring.

•••
•••
GoDaddy's system seems to have a bug with domains that are in the Pending Delete Phase.

When you go to register the name it says it is available, but once you have made payment the system tells you the name cannot be registered. They usually refund your money in a week

•••
Grr..the same thing has happened to me twice in the past week (one today, one 3 days ago). Luckily, I wouldn't consider the 2 names I lost to be "huge losses". So it looks like from the other thread that this is just because someone got it before we entered our payment info? That would reassure me a little more than a glitch in the registrar's system.

Cary

•••
Geez, whats going on with godaddy?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back