IT.COM

Is Flippa's basic listing of $9 enough to get some decent views

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Raghav Nehra

Established Member
Impact
Hello NP's
I just wanted to inquire if the $9 basic listing is enough to attract some buyers on Flippa, because the next upgrade is of $59 which is very expensive especially for people whose country currency is very weak compared to the dollar ($).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
no generally except if the domain is exceptionally good.

•••
•••
Little advice: for 9$ you can list your domain for as long as possible, get watchers, and if domain is not sold Flippa gives you one more try for free. So you have more time and previous watchers from the round before.
Upgrade of 59$ is not worth at all.

•••
Little advice: for 9$ you can list your domain for as long as possible, get watchers, and if domain is not sold Flippa gives you one more try for free. So you have more time and previous watchers from the round before.
Upgrade of 59$ is not worth at all.
I read that $9 is for auction. Bin or make offer is$1. And they have this rule. Your listing is exclusive. You can’t sell them anywhere else.

•••
Hello NP's
I just wanted to inquire if the $9 basic listing is enough to attract some buyers on Flippa, because the next upgrade is of $59 which is very expensive especially for people whose country currency is very weak compared to the dollar ($).

Don't waste your money. Lots of issues with Flippa imo.

•••
can you please explain in detail..what kind of issues..? it willbe really helpful to all of the newbies..

•••
I read that $9 is for auction. Bin or make offer is$1. And they have this rule. Your listing is exclusive. You can’t sell them anywhere else.

What happens if you list domains elsewhere in the same time?

•••
can you please explain in detail..what kind of issues..? it willbe really helpful to all of the newbies..

There are a few Flippa threads here with info. I would have to find the links.

•••
•••
Yes I was reffering to auction. You can sell anywhere else as long as your reserve is not met.
I recall even the $1 listing is exclusive. Probably on FAQ.

•••
The main problem is super low exposure for 9$, I'm not aware of other issues, but I sold only 3 domains there so not very experienced

•••
Exclusive? That doesn't make sense at all... Maybe for landing pages or other packeges?

•••
•••
"If you decide that you want to sell a listed property elsewhere, close your Flippa listing first."

so, what's the problem? :)

•••
•••
I mean, problem comes if you have BIN price somewhere and the domain is already sold. Then comes other buyer and you fail to deliver. If you secure these things you are good

•••
•••
If your reserve is met on flippa auction, or you have any pending sale on flippa - just close listings on other markets

•••
Means no afternic, no other markets. That’s not a problem, but a less choice. I think afternic + other markets would give me more exposure.
Afternic has such a poor outdated interface..i hate visiting that website..most of the scam websites out there..have the same interface as afternic..(lol)

•••
9 bucks listing isnt really worth it. Be lucky to break into double figure views on a 14 day listing.

•••
9 bucks listing isnt really worth it. Be lucky to break into double figure views on a 14 day listing.
which aftermarket auctions do you prefer then...if not flippa?

•••
You need really good domains for any auction out there. Then Sedo I guess?

•••
visit any freaking website..and they just keep asking money for getting more views..these registrars..are the real money makers in this game..whether buy or sell..they get rich..this business..i quite similar to betting..where bookmakers get richer each passing day..and gamblers become beggars..one fine day.

•••
The main problem here is that people see easy money in domaining from the start, and it's not like that, you need to learn, work and gain experience

•••
Back