IT.COM

debate Is Blockchain.com a 1 word or 2 word domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is BlockChain - Block Chain one or two word

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • One word

votes
    76.7%
  • Two word

votes
    19.8%
  • Other

votes
    3.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Recently sold Block-Chain.com and I am amused about people thinking that Block Chain is one word

It never was one word
It is just habit or laziness

BlockChain originally Block Chain are 2 words

Source

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain

A blockchain,[1][2][3] originally block chain,[4][5] is a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography.[1][6] Each block typically contains a cryptographic hash of the previous block,[6] a timestamp and transaction data.[7]By design, a blockchain is inherently resistant to modification of the data. It is "an open, distributed ledger that can record transactions between two parties efficiently and in a verifiable and permanent way".[8] For use as a distributed ledger, a blockchain is typically managed by a peer-to-peer network collectively adhering to a protocol for inter-node communication and validating new blocks. Once recorded, the data in any given block cannot be altered retroactively without the alteration of all subsequent blocks, which requires collusion of the network majority.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Pluto is a dwarf planet or a planet ❓

Who decided this ?
Who decided it is a planet in the first place? Who decided what a planet is? Why call them planets?
Next time when something is going to be decided, will ask you first.

•••
•••
My name is Michael Ehrhardt and not Michaelehrhardt

It is 2 word

Simple

Explain BlockChain ( Block .Chain ) to a child
If explaining things/concepts to children were the litmus test . . .

I'm not sure what your dog is in this silly argument. Block chain is two single words that form a single compound word and without a doubt a singular concept. Blockchain is a one word domain.

Close and lock this thread . . . nothing else to see here . . .

•••
My company MapleDots is one word, totally made up.

You can argue its two words but the fact is the two words together form one new word.

The name of my company

YES YOU CAN COMBINE WORDS TO MAKE A NEW WORD

We do it all the time in our language

Picture0030.png

•••
If explaining things/concepts to children were the litmus test . . .

I'm not sure what your dog is in this silly argument. Block chain is two single words that form a single compound word and without a doubt a singular concept. Blockchain is a one word domain.

Close and lock this thread . . . nothing else to see here . . .
You are the measure of all things ❓🤣

•••
C947869A-E9C8-4FE5-B4A5-9D7AAC29953D.png
Even google recognize blockchain as 2 words

•••
Last edited:
•••
Cashflow one word or two? How do you interpret that

Last edited:
•••
Tablespoon
Armchair
Airplane
Airport
Internet
Notebook
Homepage
Bathroom
Should I keep adding examples?

•••
Deutschland? And all the something land countries. .

Last edited:
•••
•••
Tablespoon
Armchair
Airplane
Airport
Internet
Notebook
Homepage
Bathroom

Finally

•••
34B50B61-4533-4AC0-8561-13F1CB4EA5D8.png
And by the way

Omains with hyphens rank very well at google

Try it : search Madrid open

•••
As I wrote before....a pointless and now closed discussion, as it's been clearly demonstrated that blockchain is a compound word. It's okay not to accept dictionary definitions, popular use and acceptance.

•••
Man I tell you, Google must be lazy!

When I typed in the search bar for
Block Chain definition it says

Did you mean: blockchain definition

Last edited:
•••
As I wrote before....a pointless and now closed discussion, as it's been clearly demonstrated that blockchain is a compound word. It's okay not to accept dictionary definitions, popular use and acceptance.
Would you accept a King ? A Queen ?
Me not ❗

•••
You even don’t know who named America first
You don’t know who was the first King ever
And you wanna tell me about education ?

I'll pass on "wanna" educating you further. I've better and more fruitful things to do.
Would you accept a King ? A Queen ?
Me not ❗

Stay relevant. Create a new post about Kings and Queens as this one is about the single compound word "blockchain". You're welcome.

•••
Facebook and blockcain are one word domains now, hence dictionaries has recognized them as one word.. they were previously 2 words but you can no longer take them as two words anymore. For example "roommate" is a one word, classroom is a one word but when you looks at it critically they were all two words, but they have all been adopted by dictionaries as one word and there are no difference to that of facebook and so is Blockchain also
Besides that there are many two words that have been changed to one word due to their usages and nothing else.

Even if they are compound words: it meant one word if they can not break them individually.
That is my conviction and nothing can change that.

It's neither a belief or opinion. It's a fact.

•••
We nailed you in this one I'd suggest to accept the fact an move on :)

•••
It is called the etymology of a word.

Alphabet was coined from Alpha and Beta. Today Alphabet is one word.

Facebook was coined from Face and book. Today it's one word.

Just because the origin of a word is coined from 2 separate words, doesn't mean the usage doesn't change. It's similar to how using the word Gay to describe how happy you are is now weird, simply because the usage has changed.

Long and short of it, is that words and languages change over time. Adapting to that change is not laziness. It's why dictionaries are updated frequently.

If you consider that laziness, we might as well stick to the Greek and Latin words which are the original of most of the English we use now.

On that note, I can say that NamePros is one word coined from two.

Last edited:
•••
Clearly, you have already made up your mind and are intent on proving you are right and resort to calling people lazy for not agreeing with you lol. Each is its own word, much like 'bit' and 'coin' (bitcoin) though they have formed a new compound word. Block-Chain.com works because the hyphen visually representing the chain or the link between.
Recently sold Block-Chain.com and I am amused about people thinking that Block Chain is one word

It never was one word

Source

A blockchain,[1][2][3] originally block chain,[4][5] is a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography.[1][6] Each block typically contains a cryptographic hash of the previous block,[6] a timestamp and transaction data.[7]By design, a blockchain is inherently resistant to modification of the data. It is "an open, distributed ledger that can record transactions between two parties efficiently and in a verifiable and permanent way".[8] For use as a distributed ledger, a blockchain is typically managed by a peer-to-peer network collectively adhering to a protocol for inter-node communication and validating new blocks. Once recorded, the data in any given block cannot be altered retroactively without the alteration of all subsequent blocks, which requires collusion of the network majority.

It never was one word

Source

Last edited:
•••
Blockchain is a word. Not two. If it was two you would write block chain. The word is comprised of two words. Like wonderful. Checklist. Speeddate. But not like hot chocolate.

•••
Tablespoon
Armchair
Airplane
Airport
Internet
Notebook
Homepage
Bathroom
Let me add Nigeria - made from "Niger area" England made from "English Land" I can aswell go on and on

Last edited:
•••
Kiwi 🥝 is an invented fruit

Satoshi Nakamoto invented the Block Chain

Block Chain = Original
Blockchain = made up 🤣

•••
I'll pass on "wanna" educating you further. I've better and more fruitful things to do.

Stay relevant. Create a new post about Kings and Queens as this one is about the single compound word "blockchain". You're welcome.
It’s about Education
You started this

Block Chain = Original
Blockchain = made up

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back