IT.COM

debate Is Blockchain.com a 1 word or 2 word domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Is BlockChain - Block Chain one or two word

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • One word

votes
    76.7%
  • Two word

votes
    19.8%
  • Other

votes
    3.5%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Michael Ehrhardt

Top Member
Impact
Recently sold Block-Chain.com and I am amused about people thinking that Block Chain is one word

It never was one word
It is just habit or laziness

BlockChain originally Block Chain are 2 words

Source

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain

A blockchain,[1][2][3] originally block chain,[4][5] is a continuously growing list of records, called blocks, which are linked and secured using cryptography.[1][6] Each block typically contains a cryptographic hash of the previous block,[6] a timestamp and transaction data.[7]By design, a blockchain is inherently resistant to modification of the data. It is "an open, distributed ledger that can record transactions between two parties efficiently and in a verifiable and permanent way".[8] For use as a distributed ledger, a blockchain is typically managed by a peer-to-peer network collectively adhering to a protocol for inter-node communication and validating new blocks. Once recorded, the data in any given block cannot be altered retroactively without the alteration of all subsequent blocks, which requires collusion of the network majority.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So the term Block Chain ( Blockchain ) is detected german ?

Google say so

Translated to English Block Chain 2 words

Last edited:
•••
146BF42C-5244-42D0-AAEF-68D85A44F8DB.png
Blockchain was invented from Satoshi Nakamoto
So it is Japanese 🇯🇵

•••
It's one word, despite evolving from two. It will be one word from here on out..

•••
"The words block and chain were used separately in Satoshi Nakamoto's original paper, but were eventually popularized as a single word, blockchain, by 2016. The term blockchain 2.0 refers to new applications of the distributed blockchain database, first emerging in 2014."[21]

•••
•••
•••
It was - it is and it will be always 2 words
Just logic

Same as
FaceBook
MicroSoft

Or is it unitedstatesofamerica 🤣🤣🤣❓

•••
Historically, the answer is : both.

It started out as Block Chain but like many other phrases, use and language evolves to create more popular singular words that people recognise and accept. Most people aren't tech savvy so will believe that block chain is simply blockchain, known as evolving compounds.

I don't know of anybody who writes "Face Book", it's "Facebook".

Your bias perhaps lays in the fact that you sold the hyphenated domain name.

One of many examples : child care -> child-care -> childcare.

As written above, it's worth looking up the definition of a compound word.

•••
Simple : translate it ❗
Explain it to your Child ❗

2 word it’s a chain of blocks 🔗

It started out as Block Chain but like many other phrases, use and language evolves to create more popular singular words that people recognise and accept. Most people aren't tech savvy so will believe that block chain is simply blockchain, known as evolving compounds.

•••
This is a pointless discussion if you're going to bury your head in the sand and ignore the dictionary definition of a compound word and the genuine (not made up, as in your case) compound word examples given.

As for my child? She's Eleven years old and knows what a compound word is. It's called being educated.

•••
This is a pointless discussion if you're going to bury your head in the sand and ignore the dictionary definition of a compound word and the genuine (not made up, as in your case) compound word examples given.

As for my child? She's Eleven years old and knows what a compound word is. It's called being educated.
You even don’t know who named America first
You don’t know who was the first King ever
And you wanna tell me about education ?

•••
Facebook and blockcain are one word domains now, hence dictionaries has recognized them as one word.. they were previously 2 words but you can no longer take them as two words anymore. For example "roommate" is a one word, classroom is a one word but when you looks at it critically they were all two words, but they have all been adopted by dictionaries as one word and there are no difference to that of facebook and so is Blockchain also
Besides that there are many two words that have been changed to one word due to their usages and nothing else.

Even if they are compound words: it meant one word if they can not break them individually.
That is my conviction and nothing can change that.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Facebook and blockcain are one word domains now, hence dictionaries has recognized them as one word.. they were previously 2 words but you can no longer take them as two words anymore. For example "roommate" is a one word, classroom is a one word but when you looks at it critically they were all two words, but they have all been adopted by dictionaries as one word and there are no difference to that of facebook and so is Blockchain also
Besides that there are many two words that have been changed to one word due to their usages and nothing else.

Even if they are compound words: it meant one word if they can not break them individually.
That is my conviction and nothing can change that.

Who decided this ❗❓
whodecidedthatthisarenowonewords❓

🤡

People you are kidding

•••
•••
What is a Block ?
What is a Chain ?

•••

Simple ; you don’t understand hyphens
You speak English ( maybe yo think in English ) than let me tell you English is a West Germanic language
Don’t you know ❓

Last edited:
•••
Words evolve with time, the same happened with Blockchain.

•••
Words evolve with time, the same happened with Blockchain.

This doesn’t mean that this is correct
It’s not Evolution it is Laziness 🤣

•••
It was - it is and it will be always 2 words
Just logic

Same as
FaceBook
MicroSoft

Or is it unitedstatesofamerica 🤣🤣🤣❓
Depends on the context, there is not an absolute answer. If you are referring to the words block and chain, it is two, of course. If you are referring to the digital ledger in which transactions are recorded, it is one.

"I made myself a necklace out of wooden cubes and metal links. It's a block chain!"

or

"I prefer to keep my blockchain in cold storage for safe-keeping."

United States Of America can not be one word because it is not a thing, it is a place.

•••
Depends on the context, there is not an absolute answer. If you are referring to the words block and chain, it is two, of course. If you are referring to the digital ledger in which transactions are recorded, it is one.

"I made myself a necklace out of wooden cubes and metal links. It's a block chain!"

or

"I prefer to keep my blockchain in cold storage for safe-keeping."

United States Of America can not be one word because it is not a thing, it is a place.

DigitalBank or Digital Bank ❓

•••
It is likely to enter the dictionary soon, so as far as staying ahead of the curve is concerned, it's one word.

•••
It is likely to enter the dictionary soon, so as far as staying ahead of the curve is concerned, it's one word.

It’s not
It never was and it never will be

People you don’t understand the Big Bang
You don’t understand the Block Chain

It is a Chain Of Blocks 🤣

•••
Pluto is a dwarf planet or a planet ❓

Who decided this ?

•••
Hello, that type of invented words, when comes to formally uses, are becoming the derivatives and as well are eligible as other intellectual property co-relating under (other) formal terms.
Here is the reference "www.dictionary.com/browse/derivativederivative. [dih-riv-uh-tiv]. Examples Word Origin. See more synonyms on ... Grammar. a form that has undergone derivation from another, as atomic from atom."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back