Dynadot

Is Bigrock.in Fraud Company..?

NameSilo
Watch

Sachy555

Account Closed
Impact
I registered domain though Bigrock.com / Bigrock.in. They said on their website buy domain at Rs. 99/- (US$1.5 only) and this is Google onetime offer.
As I talk with sales team they said you will see Rs. 639/- (US$ 9) as default in payment but when you finish process it will cost you Rs. 99/- (US$ 1.5 only)
I did the same but Rs. 639/- (US$ 9) debited from my bank account.
Later I talk about this with their sales chat team but nobody has answer, they finish chat and gone.
I send them email about this and they give me below answer:

Hi,

The offer that you are referring to is an an online marketing campaign that we are currently running for .COM

When you click on any of the ads (on a third party website) mentioning the price of a .COM as INR 99, you are redirected to a custom page on our website to avail the same.

Although you may see the full price on that page, it will automatically be updated to INR 99, once you signup for an account with us.

This offer is only applicable to new customers who are registering with BigRock for the first time.

Incase you continue to see the full price, it is possible that your account is not eligible for that offer and we request you check our .NET offer instead here.

I BECOME THEIR NEW CUSTOMER AND BUY DOMAIN THROUGH EXACT PROCESS WHAT THEY SAID. AS THEIR SALES CHAT TEAM SAID YOU WILL SEE RS. 639 AS DEFAULT BUT WHEN YOU MAKE PAYMENT IT WILL COST YOU RS.99/- ONLY.
NOW THEY SAID.. It is possible that your account is not eligible AND NOW OFFERING SAME TRICK ON .NET DOMAINS.

As this campaign starts before some days so there are thousands of victims in India like me.

When I checked google about this company hundreds of peoples in India talk in lot of platforms that THIS IS FRAUD COMPANY.

MY QUESTION IS ...

As we all buy domains because they said this is GOOGLE OFFER and they making huge money by this fraud and still that scheme is running in their website.

As I am new to this Domain Field, I want to know ...

where do I complaint about this BIGROCK fraud company...??

Is there any protection to domain buyers by ICANN or Others..??

Anybody know what is Google role in this fraud..?

Need Help..

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's neither. BigRock uses some shady practices and their UI is horrible. The update typically fails frequently so you need to be a little careful.

If you have a copy of the chat and if you paid by Credit Card, you might want to request a chargeback. However, please note that a charge back will likely result in you losing your domain. So it is up to you to determine next steps.

•••
I own about 50 domains from bigrock, though they are not fraud, but they are very lousy, what happened with you has happened with me too and LOT of others i know and see regularly,

this happens while buying through bigrock, when you dont apply the coupon properly, bigrock interface of checkout is made such that it will try to get the coupon out of the box, hence you have to make sure repeatedly that the coupon is applied while you are checking out, it gives lot of errors when you try to use a coupon to get domains at cheap prices so even when you apply the coupon, you have to check at every step that the coupon is maintained till you make the payment. same happens with who is privacy, even if you dont want it gets added automatically so you have to make sure more than once that its out of the cart.

like whenever i make purchase to buy cheap domains by using coupons at bigrock i see right at the moment you are checking out, the cart will get refreshed and coupon is removed so i have to apply it again, if needed twice and thrice so the payment is made accordingly.

the worse is sometimes you are redirected to home page while in the process and you have to go through it all over again. Like yesterday while booking one domain it happened with me, twice that i got redirected to home page when using coupon for cheap price, it would have ultimately booked me the domain using coupon but it was taking lot of time and the domain could have been potentially booked by someone else so i immediately used another registrar.

though irritating but still sometimes i do use bigrock because of the cheap prices using coupon and when there is sufficient time, yes the process is not smooth but domains also worth the cheap price.

you arent the first one with whom this has happened using bigrock, you wont be the last one.

if 2-3 days havent passed then you can now cancel the order via manage orders, i had when it happened with me, small amount will be deducted as fee but most of the amount you will get back, this if you believe you paid too much for the domain.

Last edited:
•••
Absolutely Not!

Bigrock.in is the India's bet web hosting and domain name company. I have 14 websites hosted there and everything is running smoothly.

Bigrock is an Award-Winning, ICANN-Accredited Domain Name Registrar. It is a subsidiary of Directi which is an Internet domain name registrar company founded in 1998.

•••
Absolutely Not!

Bigrock.in is the India's bet web hosting and domain name company. I have 14 websites hosted there and everything is running smoothly.

Bigrock is an Award-Winning, ICANN-Accredited Domain Name Registrar. It is a subsidiary of Directi which is an Internet domain name registrar company founded in 1998.

Are you associated with them? Your comment looks very suspiciously like a marketing message. Your sigs advertise BlueHost which is a sister company of BigRock.

It's fine if you're associated with them but a disclosure would be appreciated.

•••
I don't think BigRock is a fraud company.
Some of their services are reliable and some parts are not good enough.
Their customer support is fast, but sometimes it is not as friendly as you wish. Maybe their support staff getting tired and not really wanted to answer the question in details.

•••
Is the idea of using these companies with horrendous service that if you own 1000 domains, you save several thousand $$ in renewals for domains that don't sell year to year? I read these stories and can't imagine putting up with this for any reason.

And @Maria Baker if they are so great, why has every other person in the thread said that service sucked, even if it wasn't an outright fraud. Full disclosure is important if you want anyone to believe what you say in other contexts.

•••
No, Bigrock is not a fraud company. It is a normal web hosting company of India like Livemnc.com

•••
I transferred out of there due to finding everything too hard.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back