IT.COM

BIGROCK.com and BIGROCK.in

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

heavend

Established Member
Impact
Hi All,

I was wondering what kind of opinion people have on these two registries. I have been dealing with them for about a year. So far - both have about the worst customer service as I have ever seen (not like eName, but approaching it fast) Their sites are constantly crashing, specially for payment. Their login page is horrible and reset password never work correctly.

When you contact their customer service by phone - the message basically hangsup. I dialed the .in one this morning and I got an infomercial for vacuum cleaner, and then it said, press one for vacuum cleaners and press 2 for domain services. When I pressed 2, it said and I quote: "We Only sell vacuum cleaners here, good bye"

Their websites seem to be professional enough, however it does have a lot of issues, when you actually try to register domains. For example, if you order more then 19 at a time, you simply cannot submit for process as you cannot see the submit button :) and stuff like this.

I was curious what you think of this registrar, and what was your customer service experience with them?

Also, have anyone actually lost domains while using them, because at this time it's just bad service, however it makes me really worried about keeping any sort of volume of domains in there. Their prices are pretty nice, and that is the main reason why I started using them.

Thank you,
Alex K

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are cheap and easy to use.. However one thing i hate about bigrock which is adding extra services to your shopping cart when you register domain. You remove it but it comes again. It's bad way of doing business. But as i said if the matter registering cheap domain I'd use bigrock no problem.
Thank you - this helped a lot. I didn't even realize they are doing this, since they never did for .in. Today, while registering a $4.50 .nets - they actually added on another 4.50 for "privacy" automatically. If it wouldn't be for your comment, I would most likely miss it until it would be too late.

Thanks,

btw, at $4.50 - I think they are offering the best price on nets today as well...

•••
I actually was worried about bigrock.com being a real company because one of the toll free numbers linked to a us company that had noting to do with it, I actually traced big rock to a U.S.company ,it is a subsidiary of a company listed on the NYSE , I actually spoke to a rep here that got the ball moving on an issue I had ,theres a reason why these countries are called 3rd world.

•••
I am with them since last year. They used same platform which is used by AlpNames / Nettigritty and most of resellers. I din't get any problem in last one year. I bought 200+ names with them and already pushed to my buyers accounts.

It is Indian Company so I have account with Bigrock.in
They have excellent promos time to time. I mean last year they sold .NET in just $0.30 so even everybody know (including me :xf.grin:) their service is crap but we don't have other choice to buy domains at cheap price.
But as I see most promos are with Bigrock.in (Not Bigrock.com) and only for Indians.

Last edited:
•••
I am with them since last year. They used same platform which is used by AlpNames / Nettigritty and most of resellers. I din't get any problem in last one year. I bought 200+ names with them and already pushed to my buyers accounts.

It is Indian Company so I have account with Bigrock.in
They have excellent promos time to time. I mean last year they sold .NET in just $0.30 so even everybody know (including me :xf.grin:) their service is crap but we don't have other choice to buy domains at cheap price.
But as I see most promos are with Bigrock.in (Not Bigrock.com) and only for Indians.
I don't think that they are indian comapny, they are part of Endurance Group, like domain.com and others, they are just the part of the group dealing mostly with indian market.

•••
1.PNG

untitled.PNG

•••
•••
One thing I discovered only very recently, unfortunately, is that BigRock is completely INcompatible with mobile. Essentially there is no accessing the cpanel on a mobile device. (AFAIK)

But then again, even Godaddy's mobile site is pretty horrendous and in many ways unusable.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back