IT.COM

BIGROCK.com and BIGROCK.in

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

heavend

Established Member
Impact
Hi All,

I was wondering what kind of opinion people have on these two registries. I have been dealing with them for about a year. So far - both have about the worst customer service as I have ever seen (not like eName, but approaching it fast) Their sites are constantly crashing, specially for payment. Their login page is horrible and reset password never work correctly.

When you contact their customer service by phone - the message basically hangsup. I dialed the .in one this morning and I got an infomercial for vacuum cleaner, and then it said, press one for vacuum cleaners and press 2 for domain services. When I pressed 2, it said and I quote: "We Only sell vacuum cleaners here, good bye"

Their websites seem to be professional enough, however it does have a lot of issues, when you actually try to register domains. For example, if you order more then 19 at a time, you simply cannot submit for process as you cannot see the submit button :) and stuff like this.

I was curious what you think of this registrar, and what was your customer service experience with them?

Also, have anyone actually lost domains while using them, because at this time it's just bad service, however it makes me really worried about keeping any sort of volume of domains in there. Their prices are pretty nice, and that is the main reason why I started using them.

Thank you,
Alex K

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
everytime someone mentions big rock i want to throw up:sick: they are terrible no support and they have a crappy control panel. try pushing a domain for your first time not fun

•••
So you have stuck with a crappy registrar for almost a year?
You are that person that loves punishment!
Move any domains out to godaddy and never again go to that registrar.

•••
Yes they have very competitive prices but the websites are unpredictable. Its just one company with 2 websites. Customer services do get back to you fairly quickly though. After every contact you make with them, they send you a survey to ask if you are happy with their services etc.

•••
It is not their panel, it is LogicBoxes-panel by Directi that is used by many registrars...

•••
You have the option to move to another Registrar who cares for you. There are plenty. Why you are enduring their sick services, that is what puzzling me. There are plenty of Registrars whose prices are much cheaper than Godaddy's and much richer in their services than Godaddy's. I am comparing with Godaddy because they are the industry "leader".

•••
Thank you all for your replies. I actually own very little part of my domain name collection with bigrock. Maybe about 800 - 1000 or so domains. Mostly I use fabulous, godaddy and enom. However, their prices are crazy cheap at times. I mean I cannot find a place to register domains for $2.88 / each.

I guess you get for what paid for. At least noone replied that their names were stolen (or lost) from them while using bigrock. And yes, for a year, meaning - I only discovered this registrar about a year ago, and been using them on and off, until discovering their extremely low prices....

Hopefully I will get this most recent issue worked out and maybe even figure out how to use them in the future.

@imadoer - Please share your experience with pushing or moving domain name to a different registrar. What is the difference between everyone else (or common sense) :)

Thanks,
Alex

•••
There is famous proverb (how real it is indeed!):
If You throw peanuts .. You get monkeys !

•••
There is famous proverb (how real it is indeed!):
If You throw peanuts .. You get monkeys !
Which registrar would you recommend which have matching prices and better customer service?

•••
NameCheap and Uniregistry. Both offer lower prices and excellent service. Their support is tremendously instant.

•••
NameCheap and Uniregistry. Both offer lower prices and excellent service. Their support is tremendously instant.

Thank you, Yes I also work with namecheap, not as much as with others, but i have a few names there. Never worked with uniregistry. I just went ahead and verified the prices in both places. Uniregistry is a little cheaper, but still they are 3 X as expensive as Rock. Also, there is a great registry: dynadot, which i also do a lot of business with, which is about 2 X as expensive as Rock.

I guess when you own a few names, this difference doesn't really effect your bottom line, but if you own 10,000 - the extra $3 - $5 / name adds up quickly.

Thank you anyways, I will keep my eyes open for better registrars out there as all prices are very competitive and customer service should also be. Unfortunately with some of them - there isn't customer service. I am assuming it's one guy who is doing everything from tech services to answering phones.

•••
They are cheap and easy to use.. However one thing i hate about bigrock which is adding extra services to your shopping cart when you register domain. You remove it but it comes again. It's bad way of doing business. But as i said if the matter registering cheap domain I'd use bigrock no problem.

•••
I prefer Godaddy or Uniregistry. 90% of my names are at Godaddy.

Main reason for preferring Godaddy is option of paying through my local bank account and customer service center is in my nearby city.

But, Godaddy people need to learn some lessons from Uniregistry.

Snapnames allot some names to Bigrock. I just move them to Godaddy once that waiting period is over.

•••
Thank you for all your replies. Basically - I hear a lot of advises from people to move away from bigrock sites. I haven't really seen a single person liking their services. A few did ok, i am guessing - like @Apprich . In the same time, their prices is 1/3 of the price of the regular registrar, but I guess most people here care more about customer service then $.
@bytedo said it well - they do answer fairly quickly and they do send you a survey right away. It's ironic, since in my cases - the issues were never resolved yet, but the survey - i received every time they send an email. I am guessing they ignored my survey results. :)

One question to guys who worked with them before. My latest issue was I used a new credit card with them. The previous one I used for couple of months - no issues. Today I received an email (and originally ignored it), from what appears to be them - stating I need to send my personal information over the email -
1. Photo Identification proof of the debit/credit card holder containing the authorized signature. (Eg: Driving License, Passport, etc.)

2 (a) Front copy of the debit/credit card (xxxxxxxxxxxxNNNN) and (xxxxxxxxxxxxNNNN) OR

2 (b) Screen shot of your bank statement with the debit entry for this transaction.

3. Authorization letter from the debit/credit card holder (samples attached)
Now, these kind of emails - are horrendous in their nature as they are clean out of Identity theft 101 course. I am not sure how they expect you to just turn around and provide this information with a click of a button.

So my account is still frozen, and now they just got back to me - as to a reason - I never replied to their morning email. Can someone maybe - @Apprich @bytedo advise if this is legit request?

Thanks,
Alex

•••
Bigrock is ICANN Accredited registrar which gives some level of trust. But If you don't like giving your Id then don't use them. However I've seen many registrar and some of the registrars do identity verification for credit card if they don't support paypal so this is not something new.
About customer support I don't expect so much for $2-3 domain registration. if you send email sometimes it may take time to get response. Only problem as i said they add some extra services to your shopping cart without your confirmation so you need to remove it every time which is annoying.
Otherwise it's all up to you which registrar to use. Use Godaddy if you don't mind paying more money which is the most common registrar.

•••
I use BigRock.com and have not had any problems so far.
Never had the site crash or be unavailable.
Phone support does appear to be non-existant.
Check out in my experience is much faster than other registrars I use.
Support tickets are taken care of quickly (and yes you do get those pesky customer satisfaction surveys right quickly).
I will continue to use them.

Your mileage may vary.

•••
Bigrock is ICANN Accredited registrar which gives some level of trust. But If you don't like giving your Id then don't use them. However I've seen many registrar and some of the registrars do identity verification for credit card if they don't support paypal so this is not something new.
About customer support I don't expect so much for $2-3 domain registration. if you send email sometimes it may take time to get response. Only problem as i said they add some extra services to your shopping cart without your confirmation so you need to remove it every time which is annoying.
Otherwise it's all up to you which registrar to use. Use Godaddy if you don't mind paying more money which is the most common registrar.
Thank you for your reply and your input. I agree with everything except the first line: "Bigrock is ICANN Accredited registrar which gives some level of trust." ICANN accredited means nothing.... as a lot of registrars including eName.com in China is ICANN accredited, which I would not trust with $1 transaction. I have worked very closely with ICANN in the past and it's not the argument I would use for Bigrock. In the same time - who knows - maybe I just got lucky with a rude customer service and they are not that bad. I will keep working through the issue and see what develops and will update when it's resolved.

•••
I like bigrock .com and I have no problem in 2-3 years.

•••
•••
Thank you all for your replies. I actually own very little part of my domain name collection with bigrock. Maybe about 800 - 1000 or so domains. Mostly I use fabulous, godaddy and enom. However, their prices are crazy cheap at times. I mean I cannot find a place to register domains for $2.88 / each.

I guess you get for what paid for. At least noone replied that their names were stolen (or lost) from them while using bigrock. And yes, for a year, meaning - I only discovered this registrar about a year ago, and been using them on and off, until discovering their extremely low prices....

Hopefully I will get this most recent issue worked out and maybe even figure out how to use them in the future.

@imadoer - Please share your experience with pushing or moving domain name to a different registrar. What is the difference between everyone else (or common sense) :)

Thanks,
Alex
STOP! Where on earth BigRock registers domains for $2.88 / each? Out of curiosity I just visited this website, and I find that they charge $ 12.50 per year. Here is the screenshot.

Attachments

• BIGROCK.JPG
    BIGROCK.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 39
•••
My dot IN purchases at BigRock show at 'list price' while shopping and then are discounted at final checkout on new registrations.

•••
Please prove to us that BigRock charges are $ 2.88 per year.

•••
Please prove to us that BigRock charges are $ 2.88 per year.
Hi,

Relax, here is a simple proof:

Please go to: http://www.bigrock.in/ You will see the prices posted on top of the page. For .in you will see
Rs. 199 (on sale right now). After this, please go to google and write: convert 199 Rs. into usd
You will see the results. (Actually, i just went ahead and it seems like Indian Rupee went up a bit in the past few days, so it's 199 Rs equals: $3.0008

I still could not find such a price anywhere else for .ins. Of course, I would never purchase .coms at Bigrock,

Thank you,
All Best
Alex

•••
btw, on the same website it does say Rs . 99 / .com - I tried this - and it is NOT true!. Basically you have to purchase 2 year at a regular price, of like $9.50 and then you get an additional year for $1.50, so yeah, outside of in I would not use bigrock.in but it makes sense (judging by extension of it)

btw, just to update the original thread - The problem I had has been fixed. I guess bigrock.in just operates on the different time zone and that is why we had misscommunications. Also, I still think they should not be asking for personal info over the email threads, but it is what it is - and issue has been resolved, and actually that now I think of it - has been resolved in less then 48 hours.

Thank you everyone for your feedback on this post.

Peace and good luck in your business ventures.

•••
I also noticed today, for those who are interested - they have a sale at $4.50 for .nets.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back