Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It seems the ones that are owed back money are the ones that got threatening letters.
I think Pug Got one too,a few others that never had any exchanges..I might be wrong.

•••
Did anybody else notice that the attorney's letter had the word "shit" right in the middle of it? And is it considered disparaging remarks if you speak the truth?

•••
•••
Did you ever here back from the attorney? I have contacted him twice. Still no response.

Has anyone verified that the law firm actually sent these?

It is possible that Dicker instructed the lawyer to send the generic letter and then ignore any replies. Great avoidance tactic, just keep saying "The lawyer is dealing with it". In fact in this thread Dicker initially tried to suggest having some sort of mediator, but he was told in no uncertain terms he had to observe normal business practice and deal direct with his customers and refund them - he then agreed to do both.

Imagine, you order something online, it does not come, they do not answer emails, and so you go into the shop to talk about it and they say "No, you can't talk to us, go and talk to our lawyers about the wording of your refund request." WTF.

The only thing in the generic letter that applies to anyone other than Shane seems to be that it wants "disparaging" comments by the named user removed, but not facts. So if you had said "Person X did not deliver my order and is a moron" all that they would like removed is the disparaging word moron, not the public record of non-delivery.

Each time the lawyer replies it costs $ to Dicker. To send a specific reply to a specific username listing the specific user's comments in question pulled from over 100 pages of posts takes a lot of lawyer time and Dicker $. Further corrrespondence from the user seeking clarification will cost Dicker more lawyer $.

The lawyer letter was sent only after Dicker sold DNF.com - possibly there were unpaid lawyer bills to pay before they would send anything more on his behalf. If they do future letters for him on a COD basis there may not be many more of them.

Just to restate the obvious, there is nothing wrong with people telling the truth about what happened and you have nothing to fear there.

•••
Nothing. I replied within an hour of it being sent. I honestly don't think Adams's done yet. Letter was just the start..(my opinion)

I think Pug Got one too,a few others that never had any exchanges..I might be wrong.

Yes I did receive a letter, so did at least one other person who isn't owed a refund.

I also responded to the letter swiftly (as you know) but did not receive a reply.

I even pinged a quick email to AD inviting him to save on billed hours. Again, no reply, and as a result that offer to resolve informally is retracted (any further correspondence I'll insist I communicate only with a qualified representative).

Not sure where they were going with my letter, it seemed to imply that there are posts that I've made which need to be removed in order for those who have a contractual dispute to receive a refund.

Placing requirements on unrelated third parties to resolve a contract dispute, where I have not been asked to represent any of those in a dispute over their contract and know very little about most of those in dispute or their agreements clearly has potential tort law implications.

I'm not expecting any further correspondence from his lawyer. If I do get more details from them I suspect it will be more carefully worded this time, otherwise it would be offered up on this thread for download by anybody who intends to seek legal advice.

•••
•••
•••
Anyone know of a solid lawyer? The one I contacted only does defensive work. :(

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

I'm sure everyone will get their refunds. All everyone needs to do is respond to the lawyer's letter, delete their posts on this thread, wait until Tuesday, stand on one leg and cluck like chickens, and then guess what number Adam is thinking of between 1 and infinity. Next comes the fire challenge followed by alligator wrestling. After that, expect your refund on the day of the first solar eclipse after his next big domain sale ( except if that falls on a calendar day, in which case the whole process starts anew ). Just be patient everyone.

•••
Basically in the USA libel is very, very, very hard to prove for a public figure like Dicker.

Dicker would be out of his mind and out of pocket if he went after someone for libel.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/libel (written defamation)
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/defamation:

Defamation

Defamation is a statement that injures a third party's reputation. The tort of defamation includes both libel (written statements) and slander (spoken statements).

To win a defamation case, a plaintiff must show four things: 1) a false statement purporting to be fact; 2) publication or communication of that statement to a third person; 3) fault; and 4) damages, or some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

Since the U.S. Supreme Court's 1964 decision in New York Times v. Sullivan, defamation claims have been limited by First Amendment concerns. Thus, for instance, public officials and public figures (people who are famous) must show that statements were made with actual malice to recover in an action for defamation. Actual malice means that a statement was made with knowledge that it was false or with reckless disregard of whether or not it was false. In addition, a plaintiff must show actual malice by "clear and convincing" evidence rather than the usual burden of proof in a civil case, preponderance of the evidence.

•••
Basically in the USA libel is very, very, very hard to prove for a public figure

I honestly think you stop even talking about "libel", on the strength of a letter which didn't even have a list of demands. It wasn't a 'cease and desist' letter.

•••
I honestly think you stop even talking about "libel", on the strength of a letter which didn't even have a list of demands. It wasn't a 'cease and desist' letter.
I hardly think Adam is a public figure lol!

•••
“Early on I spent time trying to develop hundreds of sites before I realized it was a waste of time. Now I would say 90% of my sites are PPC. I found out the hard way that you can make more on PPC than a developed site with no overhead and no staff and no expenses”

From a leading domain name journal quoting someone who is not a public figure. Funny old world.

•••
Yes I did receive a letter, so did at least one other person who isn't owed a refund.

I also responded to the letter swiftly (as you know) but did not receive a reply.

I even pinged a quick email to AD inviting him to save on billed hours. Again, no reply, and as a result that offer to resolve informally is retracted (any further correspondence I'll insist I communicate only with a qualified representative).

Not sure where they were going with my letter, it seemed to imply that there are posts that I've made which need to be removed in order for those who have a contractual dispute to receive a refund.

Placing requirements on unrelated third parties to resolve a contract dispute, where I have not been asked to represent any of those in a dispute over their contract and know very little about most of those in dispute or their agreements clearly has potential tort law implications.

I'm not expecting any further correspondence from his lawyer. If I do get more details from them I suspect it will be more carefully worded this time, otherwise it would be offered up on this thread for download by anybody who intends to seek legal advice.
We're not done either! Strength in numbers.

•••
•••
•••
if you want to grab the content of this thread you may want to try

wget

•••
Hmm most scammers that are psychopaths need to have their name in the limelight to feed the narcissism! What's the point in being anonymous when u r craving attention, right?!

Also many of theses types don't think they are doing wrong or have convinced themselves that such activity is " normal".

Just an observation of course and in no way implicating anyone.note disclaimer.

:xf.wink:

•••
Can anyone supply a link to the downloadable html backup of this thread?

It was posted earlier here but is hard to locate in the thread. Someone else wanted it in addition to the text one from pastebin.com

Now that Dirty Dicker has sold his mistress he won't be spending on her anymore, unless he picked up another. He does own witchcraft.com still I think.

Also re off-topic bottery and distasteful victim blaming, before you waste everyone's time replying to provocations it's a good idea to read or re-read the bot script warning here:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is-adam-dicker-a-criminal-you-decide.883579/page-121#post-5075897

You can report seriously off-topic or offensive posts if you think that is justified.

104 pages

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=43060184787243021848

•••
Looks like the domain name refund.us is at auction on NameJet.com. The registrant is connected with AD on LinkedIn. Irony?

•••
Looks like the domain name refund.us is at auction on NameJet.com. The registrant is connected with AD on LinkedIn. Irony?

Guess what? Adam Dicker owns refund.ca.

I read on one of his sites he claims to own 20,000 .ca domains. How often do those sell and what is the cheapest renewal you can get?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back