Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What exactly did I do? Don't lump me in with another poster. You all need to just calm your tits.

Potnames said in his original post...

Many people are going to take that as a threat and not react so kind to it. Saying stuff like that just causes more drama.
Mr Web investments, I am sick and tired of people coming in here and putting a big giant size stupid picture, a comment about nothing, or calling names and calling out people as a herd of followers when I am certainly not nor are many others.

I have been working on resolutions to this problem with a couple of clients and for that person to start calling people sheep is OFF topic and uncalled for, period. Thats what irritated me right there. The people on here may bicker and get into accusations all they want, BUT I am working on the actual problem, that said I have reached my limit with this garbage on here. I see it everyday...
Not one blogger was talking about ANY of the details until I posted something today. It is not by chance that two blogs followed with posts about it. In the last two weeks nobody had posted anything but their opinions on the matters and left out all details. It was time one of the bloggers said something and that one was me today. But I closed the comments just because I could see how the conversation was derailing in this thread. Name calling and internal fighting.

Other than few many proofreading errors, I failed to see you mentioning the points where Adam did made couple of refunds in the start. May I ask why you skipped that part sir?

Secondly, if I remember it correctly, Acro was the first blogger who wrote a post about this thread, so officially it's him who started discussing the issue publicly on his blog, not you sir.

•••
Other than few many proofreading errors, I failed to see you mentioning the points where Adam did made couple of refunds in the start. May I ask why you skipped that part sir?

Is your goal to scold people on grammeeer..Come on Petty. and you seemed like an intelligent person.

For your information the small amount of people that I know that have been paid back are in the few hundred dollars each and not the larger amounts. Is that to keep people at bay or a true attempt at repayment. You don't know that answer and neither does anyone else. Nor has there been any announcement on what the amounts are or the timeframe and if all the amounts even will be paid.

By the way Domain Shane was the first to post details and not Acro, Domain Shane also posted on the overall subject before that. Acro was stating his position and what he had an opinion about and his thoughts about the Elephant in the Room. I have emailed with Acro several times on DNF and I happen to agree with him and have also left DNF and other things that are involved with this situation. Those are the facts SIR.

And this has been going on a lot longer than you know and I have personal experience with it..Take it for what its worth, I don't care either way

•••
Not one blogger was talking about ANY of the details until I posted something today. It is not by chance that two blogs followed with posts about it. In the last two weeks nobody had posted anything but their opinions on the matters and left out all details. It was time one of the bloggers said something and that one was me today. But I closed the comments just because I could see how the conversation was derailing in this thread. Name calling and internal fighting.

You gained my respect the other day, when you stepped forward and positioned yourself in all this. You had the courage to call things by its name and didn't hesitate to criticize Adam's actions. I wish I could say the same about the rest...

•••
I failed to see you mentioning the points where Adam did made couple of refunds in the start. May I ask why you skipped that part sir?

Perhaps Domain Shane could add that bit to the next update article, when Adam Dicker will hopefully make lots more refunds at the end.

•••
You gained my respect the other day, when you stepped forward and positioned yourself in all this. You had the courage to call things by its name and didn't hesitate to criticize Adam's actions. I wish I could say the same about the rest...

Domain Shane is one of the best people in this industry. Hands down, I have dealt with many over the years and I have been fortunate to surround myself with the best kinds, so this even happening is a slap in the face to all of the honest people out there, trust me when I say the best people will be around to help.

•••
Perhaps Domain Shane could add that bit to the next update article, when Adam Dicker will hopefully make lots more refunds at the end.

Pug, the worst thing about this is all the friendships that had developed over the years between many of these people and for certain people to write about it is very hard for them and I am sure that the friendships will never be the same if at all. It would be tough for me or you, if you found out about one of your good friends in a business industry just did something that effects everyone around.. I credit each and every one of them for doing what is right in the end and I am sure Domain Shane will follow through with whatever he says as he has always been honest in this matter.

•••
I DON'T CONSIDER FRANK SCHILLING A VICTIM

He was somebody who came forward to state that he was owed money and had been chasing payment, like any other, so why shouldn't he be on page #1? He's marked as 'resolved', what's the problem?

Don't you want Shane to show that Adam Dicker has settle some of the complaints? Should he just have the unresolved issues on page #1?

If he removed the resolved complaints wouldn't some posters then complain that AD isn't getting any credit for resolving a few of the issues early like the poster below?

I failed to see you mentioning the points where Adam did made couple of refunds in the start. May I ask why you skipped that part sir?

Last edited:
•••
Doesn't appear the attorney is coming from a position of strength, the letter reads too passive and inviting arbitration - with the only veiled reference to legal remedy being the weakly positioned final statement, tossed in as lawyer speak to intimidate the less constitutional.

Asking if Adam Dicker is a "criminal" could actually be stated that he is; given the fact he was busted for illegal satellite TV boxes. Complaining on a public forum that your boss treats you like "sh*t" and doesn't pay you timely, or at all, doesn't make for a legal civil case. Concluding that his statements made public or privately could be construed as "threat" or indirect "extortion" is perspective based, and definitely not solid enough for meaningful civil litigation. If I buy a TV from Amazon and badmouth Amazon when they won't refund my money because the TV is broken, Amazon doesn't sue me because I am entitled to my beliefs and opinions about their service - or lack thereof.

Granted, any attorney will take a case if he is paid enough to do it. Even one as fruitless as this. But I suspect the attorney told him he had nowhere to go with it, it would cost AD a ton of money to pursue the goose chase, and offered to work as a mediator/intimidator of sorts at a far lesser expense.

If there was meat on this bone there wouldn't be a letter offering to settle the matter with conditions - it would be a service of the lawsuit filed.

Excellent post, thank you and I hope everyone reads it or re-reads it. No one should be intimidated when they are perfectly entitled to tell the truth and ask a seller for a refund.

Just want to point out again, ShaneB had already said, when the claims in the thread are paid, it will be locked.

•••
Just want to point out again, ShaneB had already said, when the claims in the thread are paid, it will be locked.

Has he actually said that? I only saw D. Wells suggest that as a resolution, didn't see ShaneB commit to that. As I stated in a reply, it sounds like a fair resolution in principle but I suspect Shane would want certain other assurances in writing?

•••
Has he actually said that?

I'm not sure he said it in those words, as I recall early in the thread some people asked for it to be locked by mods. A Mod then said only the OP or the site manager or owner can do that, and Shane seemed to say he did not want the thread to continue past the repayments being completed. But things have changed, and obviously I will leave it to him to say where he sees it going now.

BTW re deleting or editing stuff on NP, if anyone thinks that is ok, you missed the #brandrooted thread. Not a good idea. And at this point it's moot here since all this is copied elsewhere. And I don't see libel here, just uncomfortable truths.

•••
He was somebody who came forward to state that he was owed money and had been chasing payment, like any other, so why shouldn't he be on page #1? He's marked as 'resolved', what's the problem?

Don't you want Shane to show that Adam Dicker has settle some of the complaints? Should he just have the unresolved issues on page #1?

If he removed the resolved complaints wouldn't some posters then complain that AD isn't getting any credit for resolving a few of the issues early like the poster below?

Why? Really...?

Now I could be totally wrong but...

1. Because F.S. (Uniregistry) has enough money (I could be wrong, he may be broke too) to wait on payment a little longer until after the little guys are paid who aren't sitting on multi million dollar portfolios. Businesses carry debt.

2. Because I remember a couple years back when F.S. was courting A.D. to move his portfolio to Uniregistry's platform to help F.S. out in starting the new venture. Not that he needed A.D.'s portfolio on his platform. But having A.D. state he was on D.S. sure did bolster F.S.'s company.

Even I moved domains there thinking... well if it's good enough for A.D.... but have long since stopped and currently transferring them all out as my old registar actually reached out to me and gave me way better pricing to stay. ;)

3. Because it would have been the right thing to do.

This is my opinion and yours may vary, as it seems to... and that's ok.

Regards,

WPM

•••
Why? Really...?

Now I could be totally wrong but...

1. Because F.S. (Uniregistry) has enough money (I could be wrong, he may be broke too) to wait on payment a little longer until after the little guys are paid who aren't sitting on multi million dollar portfolios. Businesses carry debt.

2. Because I remember a couple years back when F.S. was courting A.D. to move his portfolio to Uniregistry's platform to help F.S. out in starting the new venture. Not that he needed A.D.'s portfolio on his platform. But having A.D. state he was on D.S. sure did bolster F.S.'s company.

Even I moved domains there thinking... well if it's good enough for A.D.... but have long since stopped and cueently transferring them all out as my old registar actually reached out to me and gave me way better pricing to stay. ;)

3. Because it would have been the right thing to do.

This is my opinion and yours may vary, as it seems to... and that's ok.

Regards,

WPM

1. Ohhhh.... so.... You can't be a victim if you are wealthy? Dude, the wealthier you are the more people there are trying to squeeze a dollar out of you.

2. I don't remember that but I'm glad you've managed to accidently hit the nail on the head. Uniregistry likely had some of AD's domains, they had him by the balls. If those with unsettled disputes were looking after a chunk of AD's domain portfolio then they'd probably have had their complaints settled quickly too.

3. Yes, paying bills on time would have been the right thing to do.

•••
1. Ohhhh.... so.... You can't be a victim if you are wealthy? Dude, the wealthier you are the more people there are trying to squeeze a dollar out of you.

2. I don't remember that but I'm glad you've managed to accidently hit the nail on the head. Uniregistry likely had some of AD's domains, they had him by the balls. If those with unsettled disputes were looking after a chunk of AD's domain portfolio then they'd probably have had their complaints settled quickly too.

3. Yes, paying bills on time would have been the right thing to do.

Hey PUG,

Let me come at you this way. And please keep in mind both parties are in the same business.

Say a domain was like a gold bar (an object of speculative value, so to speak).

You are in the business of holding gold bars for clients because you have a really safe place.

A client is late on his fees, client says... "I don't have the money and I am afraid I can't pay you yet... I will have to sell a few bars of gold..."

You say I want my money now!!!!!!!

He has to take that gold and sell it to pay you.

Tomorrow the value of that gold goes up and if you had told that client, "AS I AM IN THE BUSINESS OF HOLDING GOLD, I WILL GLADLY TAKE SOME OF YOUR GOLD AS PAYMENT FOR YOUR DEBT.".

Tell me, who would have made out better?

Keep in mind, we can now use the word domain as it is not a precious metal, and in rare cases decreases in value. AND... THEY'RE JUST FRIGGING CHARACTERS ON AN ADDRESS BAR IN VIRTUAL WORLD NONE THE LESS!!!!! (In simplest terms) If SHTF and the grid goes down... we have nothing!!! They have GOLD!!!

So in closing yes, I am sorry the super rich have bad days, and use offshore businesses to not pay taxes, and their helicopters sometimes don't arrive on time, and they get their hair made fun off, or they can actually pay THEIR bills.

A.D. was considered "wealthy" by us, does your statement hold true for him as well? What if it's a "squeeze"?

If he, F.S., wasn't in dyer need for his business to collect on an outstanding debt (common practice in business) then he had other, possibly better options.

So as I said before, I respect F.S. for what he has built. But, in this particular instance of alleged "criminality", I think it could have been handled differently, and actually turned out better for him business wise had he taken domains.

These are my opinions and yours may vary, Dude... and that's ok man. ;)

My apologies to the readers.

Regards,

WPM

EDITED: Dyslexic fingers. ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
All I would say WPM is that it would be highly ironic if in your contributions to this thread were to result in you receiving a legal letter pertaining to allegedly disparaging remarks being made about a high profile domainer.

Last edited:
•••
All I want to say WPM is that it would be highly ironic if in your attempts to rationalise and defends AD's actions were to result in you receiving a legal letter pertaining to disparaging marks made about a high profile domainer.

This is just my opinion and yours may vary, it seems to and that's OK.

It is not "rationalizing"... it is BUSINESS. With all do respect, you either have 0, zero, zilch, nada business experience or are unable to think in a common sense manner... I don't know. (I am not try to be disparaging to you so please don't send a letter.)

I think what I have said makes PERFECT SENSE from a business stand point for a guy in F.S.'s position.

He said A.D. owed him for business dealings. Not that A.D. charged him $25K for a wordpress template.

Don't you get it? I have said it time and time again, I don't condone what A.D. is accused of. I'm a little guy too. Albeit with an opinion different than you on certain things that have occurred.

I didn't say F.S. was a "criminal" for what he did. Only that he may have been able to afford to wait and let the LITTLE GUYS GET PAID FIRST!!!!

I will gladly accept a letter and maintain my position. He had better options. Whether he owns a helicopter or not, I will admit, I don't know if he does or if it's ever late. ;)

This is just my opinion and yours may vary... and that's OK.

Regards,

WPM

•••
PLEASE DON'T FEED THE TROLLS - do not chase red herrings.

Thanks, I guess the nichewebsites.com affiliate banner on that site webportfoliomanagement.com has to be removed because it quotes a fixed price of $399 for a site. Not sure if it appears on all pages there or just some.

Now Nichewebsites.com only offer free estimates - no doubt many, many people will ask for one https://nichewebsites.com/free-estimate-2/

It asks your areas of interest - all those except Lead Generation would be standard anywhere lol. Is it - say - 2k extra for a CMS? Yes, you can pay extra to have the Wordpress free CMS if you like.
Website Services Of Interest
Lead Generation
Content Management
Responsive Design
Mobile Website

Last edited:
•••
Just an observation but possibly ad had a lot more to lose if fs wasn't dealt with asap so that bill was priority one before this issue became as big as it has today. Big $ = big time lawyers = better pay the big guy first!

Pretty obvious i guess but most likely why the rest of the debt payments are on hold???

•••
I didn't say F.S. was a "criminal" for what he did. Only that he may have been able to afford wait and let the LITTLE GUYS GET PAID FIRST!!!!

How was FS to know how much AD had in the bank, whether he intended to repay others, and what makes you assume that he wouldn't have considered domains as payment if offered them?

All he knew is that he'd made several unsuccessful attempts to contact AD about a debt and stated as such in the blog comments. AD then decided to pay him. That's it, the entire story. Perhaps if AD had responded to his initial requests it wouldn't have reached the stage where he had to go public.

What makes you think that AD had any domains at uniregistry that FS would even have been interested in anyyway? Your gold comparison is a poor one, gold has a spot price, domains are subjective Why would he want to mess around handling dozens of mediocre $1000 domain names in return for a five figure sum.

If AD was not in a position to settle his account in cash then the onus would be entirely on him to offer a payment plan or alternatives, the notion that FS has physic abilities or access to his bank balance is a bizarre one.

Besides, we know that AD sold a LLL.com last week. Any liquidity issues caused by his decision to give priority to FS in the list of creditors became irrelevant the moment that he subsequently had enough cash to reimburse those on post #1. You are making this same point about FS over and over again, but it became irrelevant last week, if it were even relevant before that.

I'd personally advise you to stop attempting to drag FS into this, if anybody is feeding you instructions to attempt to push this agenda then I'd recommend you refuse the order.

Just my opinion, yours may vary, blah blah.

Last edited:
•••
Just an observation but possibly ad had a lot more to lose if fs wasn't dealt with asap

Any domains that he had at uniregistry, presumably.

•••
How was FS to know how much AD had in the bank, whether he intended to repay others, and what makes you assume that he wouldn't have considered domains as payment if offered them?

All he knew is that he'd made several unsuccessful attempts to contact AD about a debt and stated as such in the blog comments. AD then decided to pay him. That's it, the entire story. Perhaps if AD had responded to his initial requests it wouldn't have gotten to the stage where he had to go public.

What makes you think that AD had any domains at uniregistry that FS would even have been interested in anyyway? Your gold comparison is a poor one, gold has a spot price, domains are subjective

FS has actually been open and honest about the fact that he doesn't really like alternative TLD's, if that is what AD had there, and frankly with his wealth why would he want to mess around handling dozens of mediocre $1000 domain names in return for a five figure sum when he's in a position to trade the best domains in the world, Adam Dicker only had a few super-premiums and we've since discovered at at least one of his domains is only 50% his so not his to trade alone.

If AD was not in a position to settle his account in cash then the onus would be entirely on him to offer a payment plan or alternatives, the notion that FS has physic abilities or access to his bank balance is a bizarre one.

Besides, we know that AD sold a LLL.com last week. Any liquidity issues caused by his decision to give priority to FS in the list of creditors became irrelevant the moment that he subsequently had enough cash to reimburse those on post #1. You are making this same point about FS over and over again, but it became irrelevant last week.

Last time I'm feeding you, I'd personally advise you to stop attempting to drag FS into this, if anybody is feeding you instructions to push this agenda then I'd recommend you refuse that order.

Man... all I said was F.S., "TO ME" didn't seem like a "VICTIM OF A CRIMINAL ACT". And I still say he had other alternatives.

I don't give a crap about his "opinions" on new gtlds or anything else. The domain business should be a "common sense" approach like any other business. Starting with... IT TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY. That's why you don't own any 6-7 figure domains... the "wealthy" players do.

Note: Maybe you do own a or a few 6-7 figure domains and I don't mean to cause you any disparaging emotions by saying you don't. But just in case, I'm sorry.

I'm not "dragging" anybody into this. F.S. did when he posted.

Thanks for YOUR personal advice. Duly noted.

For the record as well, I remember even saying if YOU were affected I hope you are made whole.

You just have an issue with someone, obviously me, having a different opinion than yours. Don't worry, I am sure we'll get along splendidly. ;)

Regards,

WPM

Regards,

•••
WPM said:
I DON'T CONSIDER FRANK SCHILLING A VICTIM

What is a "Victim"?

For me a "Victim" is somebody who had no choice to avoid the outcome of a situation
and suffers badly from that.

for example

victim of a tsunami
victim of hurricans
victim of a plane crash

somebody who was not delivered what he ordered is not a victim
as he could have found ways to avoid that
like using escrow
like having milestone payments
like having a contract

Somebody who got paid back fully
or got delivered most of the odered items can't be called "victim"
thats insulting the real victims

please choose your wordings more carefully

•••
What is a "Victim"?
For me a "Victim" is somebody who had no choice to avoid the outcome of a situation
and suffers badly from that.

I didn't call him a victim, are you purposely misrepresenting my words? You even quoted my passage of text, the word "victim" was not included.

Neither is the word victim used at any point on page #1.

I stated that he is somebody who came forward publicly to state that he is owed money. Do you dispute that?

please choose your wordings more carefully

Please choose your own words more carefully, mine were chosen just fine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back