Dynadot

Is Adam Dicker a criminal? You decide.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

S-B

Account Closed
Impact
This story starts with DNF; a barren wasteland that once was a leading forum within the domain industry. While the forum itself played a huge role in propagating the myth that is Adam Dicker, the story really begins with DNF College in the summer of 2011.

Read More

Updates / Reports
These are in no particular order.

From what I understand, Adam still owes north of $33,000 to previous customers and business partners. As I receive more information, I will update this figure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some tme ago ,a member of this forum asked me if i had any dealngs with Adam,due to me being a long time member .
I replied with No .
After going back a bit I remember selling a domain name to Adam Dcker via our facebook pages.
I asked him if he was interested and he said yes and asked me how much . I told him the price and he agreed .
Paid instantly via paypal and the deal was done .
Please dont ask me what domain or how much ...
BTW ...on the funny side ,reading all these posts it seems that I am the only person who made some money out of Adam ,although it was only a small amount .

•••
I asked him if he was interested and he said yes and asked me how much . I told him the price and he agreed .
Paid instantly via paypal and the deal was done .
Silly question but didn't he need to pay first before you would transfer or push the domain to his account? If he waited to pay you would have waited to transfer/push the domain no? (Or did you push the domain to his account prior to payment, which is usually not the case?)

•••
Silly question but didn't he need to pay first before you would transfer or push the domain to his account? If he waited to pay you would have waited to transfer/push the domain no? (Or did you push the domain to his account prior to payment, which is usually not the case?)
Paid instantly via paypal.....then transfer took place

•••
•••
Yet another blogger covering this, Andrei at domainingtips.com yesterday:
http://domainingtips.com/due-diligence.html

Everyone already covered the Adam Dicker drama from the “what Adam Dicker did” perspective, so there’s little point in me investing time/energy to say things like “he made promises he didn’t keep”, “he lied to people” and so on. Yes he did, this horse has been beaten to death. You already know everything you need to know about what Adam Dicker did wrong.

Today, I’ll talk about what a lot of the people he owes money to did wrong because in my opinion, the most important lesson of all this drama is being overlooked.

To my mind Adam Dicker's customers suffered from inexperience or just being trusting - paying 100% upfront and not doing a chargeback before the usual deadline. So I found some of this guy's comments unsympathetic and I wondered why.

Then I noticed the banner at the top of each page on domainingtips.com saying "MegaSites.com: Turn Your Best Domains Into Huge Websites (100+ Articles)" but when I clicked on it there was no site. Megasites.com is registered to the same Andrei as domainingtips.com. Did this guy use to be in the business of creating those sites with re-purposed articles too?

Attachments

• domaintips.com-article-websites-offer-banner.png
    domaintips.com-article-websites-offer-banner.png
    132.5 KB · Views: 73
•••
This looks like a helpful product for domainers to use in 2015 that perhaps Adam could resell as an affiliate to make extra cash to help refund our money.

http://www.dotcompad.com/

•••
Adams goons made a new LinkedIn page for me. Beware...

•••
Well after all the fuss by nichewebsites.com customers about the product and spec it went offline but then this week came back online with no product specifications, just a form to ask for a quote. Well, not exactly, the full product range is still available from DCG.com, see below for the specifications and prices which start at $399 and go all the way up to $3499 for a single site.

The cheapest one features "Non-Unique" articles. Um, where do those come from and who has copyright? Is that compatible with Paypal's Acceptable Use Policy https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US which says:
We encourage you to report violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to PayPal immediately. If you have a question about whether a type of transaction may violate the Acceptable Use Policy, you can email PayPal's AUP Compliance Department at: [email protected]

Current nichewebsites prices at
http://www.dcg.com/products/ :

Thank you for taking the step into building a profitable online niche website.

Custom Niche Websites STANDARD
5 Non-Unique 700 Word Articles, Wordpress Installation & Setup, Professional Wordpress Theme, Complete SEO Optimization, Integration of Google Adsense and Clickbank, Search Engine Submission, Press Release Submission, Popular Plugins (Sitemap, Contact Us, Newsletter & More)
Price: $399.00

Custom Niche Websites ADVANCED
5 Uniquely Targeted 700 Word Articles, Wordpress Installation & Setup, Professional Wordpress Theme, Complete SEO Optimization, Integration of Google Adsense and Clickbank, Search Engine Submission, Press Release Submission, Popular Plugins (Sitemap, Contact Us, Newsletter & More)
Price: $499.00

Custom Niche Websites PREMIER
10 Uniquely Targeted 700 Word Articles, Wordpress Installation & Setup, Professional Wordpress Theme, Complete SEO Optimization, Integration of Google Adsense and Clickbank, Search Engine Submission, Press Release Submission, Popular Plugins (Sitemap, Contact Us, Newsletter & More)
Price: $999.00

Custom Authority Websites

Custom Authority Websites STANDARD
5 Unique 700 Word Articles, Wordpress Installation & Setup, Professional Wordpress Theme, Complete SEO Optimization, Integration of Google Adsense and Clickbank, Search Engine Submission, Press Release Submission, Popular Plugins (Sitemap, Contact Us, Newsletter & More)
Price: $1,899.00

Custom Authority Websites Advanced
10 Unique 700 Word Articles, Wordpress Installation & Setup, Professional Wordpress Theme, Complete SEO Optimization, Integration of Google Adsense and Clickbank, Search Engine Submission, Press Release Submission, Popular Plugins (Sitemap, Contact Us, Newsletter & More)
Price: $2,699.00

Custom Authority Websites PREMIER
20 Unique 700 Word Articles, Wordpress Installation & Setup, Professional Wordpress Theme, Complete SEO Optimization, Integration of Google Adsense and Clickbank, Search Engine Submission, Press Release Submission, Popular Plugins (Sitemap, Contact Us, Newsletter & More)
Price: $3,499.00

Last edited:
•••
The cheapest one features "Non-Unique" articles. Um, where do those come from and who has copyright?

Well, I suppose these could be ezine articles or similar that can be used on any website with attribution.

Or perhaps an article written by the niche people for the purpose of using on these low-cost sites, although I believe Google doesn't like anything like that for ranking purposes, even if the copyright situation is okay. And of course the original template article would have to be unique rather than scraped.

•••
Adams goons made a new LinkedIn page for me. Beware...
I just saw that, Shane. Weird. Wonder why they'd create a fake LinkedIn profile for you.

•••
I just saw that, Shane. Weird. Wonder why they'd create a fake LinkedIn profile for you.

Same reason they'd create a hate site. Because they're petty punks with nothing better to do.

•••

Because harassment and intimidation is cheaper than resolving customer problems.

•••
Can us observers have an update from those owed money here?

Can somebody confirm that the current chain of events has happened?

Adam Dicker gets his lawyer to send a letter to those owed money telling them to reply to have their claims settled.

Some of those people have replied to the lawyer to settle as requested, but have been ignored and still have no refund.

Is that correct?

Has anybody who has replied to the lawyers letter since had an offer of a full or partial refund?

•••
Can us observers have an update from those owed money here?

Can somebody confirm that the current chain of events has happened?

Adam Dicker gets his lawyer to send a letter to those owed money telling them to reply to have their claims settled.

Some of those people have replied to the lawyer to settle as requested, but have been ignored and still have no refund.

Is that correct?

Has anybody who has replied to the lawyers letter since had an offer of a full or partial refund?

The people I know have received no refund and no response..

•••

There may be a quid pro quo - next they offer to take them down in exchange for something. Like Adam Dicker's paid mugshot removal service did.

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8367&sid=c81240adde4df0f3280d9f2f50704c4d
The scam and extortion comes down to “Play our game by paying us, or we will libel you,” thereby decreasing your opportunity for reasonable housing, credit, and employment. The fraud of the enterprise is that the online mugshots industry generates the material so that they can extort you to remove it. CleanSearch increases this extortion and scam by opening websites using a the persons name they wish to extort.

Somehow the "domain industry" has ignored the whole Adam Dicker mugshots.com / removemugshots.com extortion racket, even though FBI issued advisories against them as extortion rackets.http://www.networkworld.com/article...e-mug-shot--extortion--a-growing-problem.html

Many people were complaining of it online and mentioning Adam Dicker by name as an intermediary receiving payments to get your picture and info removed from mugshots.com. Eventually payment processors such as Paypal would not handle the payments and the racket ended. Why? Not least because those sites were making unauthorised use of copyright material, namely the photos published by police departments for one week, never intended to be grabbed by others and kept available online.

Those people who paid, probably many of them, were desperate to get their arrest info offline, and having done so would not want to complain because that would draw attention to the arrest and risk having the info re-published by mugshots.com and their web of associates. In other words, a carefully chosen group of vulnerable people were selected for exploitation and were then threatened to keep quiet. Sound familiar?

One guy named Norman Haga really looked into this and published a lot of info on his site
http://www.normanhaga.nl/blog/tag/adam-dicker/

By the way, third parties can report copyright infringment here:
https://www.dmca.com/FAQ/Report-copyright-infringement

Last edited:
•••
•••
Does anybody have DiCaprio's number?

•••
Somehow the "domain industry" has ignored the whole Adam Dicker mugshots.com / removemugshots.com extortion racket, even though FBI issued advisories against them as extortion rackets.http://www.networkworld.com/article...e-mug-shot--extortion--a-growing-problem.html

The industry as a whole has basically gone along with it for a long time. The signs were there back in 2006 and 2008, but no one cared enough to shun those individuals who brought the domain aftermarket into the cesspool, as long as the cheaters and scammers brought in new, naive newbies who threw money at these creeps in hopes of not having to get a real job.

I see none of the major players talking about this. So guess what? They should no longer be considered major players, no matter how many decent .coms they bought back in the mid 1990's, or no matter how much money they made typosquatting or cybersquatting.

When it comes time to go to the conferences and conventions, DON'T GO! Don't reward the sponsors of those events for their bad judgment enabling sleazeballs to screw us. Don't think we've been screwed by sleazeballs? Look of the "guest speakers" lists of past domainer conferences and conventions. Look who sat on the panels. I don't see any of them speaking out now. Do you? You'll see at least one ethically-challenged individual there, sitting along side other creeps who kept their mouths shut then and are still keeping their mouths shut now. They all must have had a good laugh at the expense of the poor schmucks who paid money to go hear them blow bullshit out of their asses about smart domaining.

•••
Someone here decided to post at shanebellonesucks.blogspot.com.

I wrote a post just for you.

:)

Came across... shanebellonesucks.wordpress.com , made on Oct 9th same day as the blogspot & shanebellonesucks.com was registered on Oct 18th with UniRegistry (maybe Frank Schilling could help determine the creator of that domain for you).

•••
Came across... shanebellonesucks.wordpress.com , made on Oct 9th same day as the blogspot & shanebellonesucks.com was registered on Oct 18th with UniRegistry (maybe Frank Schilling could help determine the creator of that domain for you).

Yeah. Adam denied knowing who made the site but I'm the one who bought the domain after noticing that blog.

•••
Yeah. Adam denied knowing who made the site but I'm the one who bought the domain after noticing that blog.

I still think it is a certain someone. Also going back to Oct 9th in the thread and reading the different posts you can determine who seems to be the most angry with you quite easily.

•••
Defencive regging... Congratz. You've hit the big time.

Peace,
Cy

•••
The industry as a whole has basically gone along with it for a long time. The signs were there back in 2006 and 2008, but no one cared enough to shun those individuals who brought the domain aftermarket into the cesspool, as long as the cheaters and scammers brought in new, naive newbies who threw money at these creeps in hopes of not having to get a real job.

I see none of the major players talking about this. So guess what? They should no longer be considered major players, no matter how many decent .coms they bought back in the mid 1990's, or no matter how much money they made typosquatting or cybersquatting.

When it comes time to go to the conferences and conventions, DON'T GO! Don't reward the sponsors of those events for their bad judgment enabling sleazeballs to screw us. Don't think we've been screwed by sleazeballs? Look of the "guest speakers" lists of past domainer conferences and conventions. Look who sat on the panels. I don't see any of them speaking out now. Do you? You'll see at least one ethically-challenged individual there, sitting along side other creeps who kept their mouths shut then and are still keeping their mouths shut now. They all must have had a good laugh at the expense of the poor schmucks who paid money to go hear them blow bullsh*t out of their asses about smart domaining.

I hear you.

I knew about Adam Dicker's bidding at Go Daddy, but I liked the idea of redemption -- that people deserve a second chance. I really bought into that narrative (I didn't know about Satan's Playhouse or the mugshots deal) and was willing to believe that he was now going on the straight and narrow. I even said so on this forum...

I shouldn't have been shocked when the narrative didn't turn out so well.

I am very disappointed that the major players seem to be turning a blind eye -- it's definitely a black mark on the industry.

Are they afraid of legal ramifications?

Or do they believe that all these people who claim to be victims are lying?

Or do they think that the truth may hit too close to home?

Or is it stunned disbelief that someone so cherished could be so dishonest?

Or are they looking for Part 5 of the redemption story?

And to think that he's still in business! That takes a lot of balls!

"Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

•••
I am very disappointed that the major players seem to be turning a blind eye -- it's definitely a black mark on the industry.

Who are the major players? Part of the issue is that there is a lot of hero worship in the first place. Why do you need major players to say anything.. and who are they? I think the most evident thing here is that major players in the domain space really just aren't all that important in the real world.

They're more important than some when it comes to influencing malleable minds.... convincing them it's easy to make hundreds of thousands of dollars in their spare time but they're not that important. There isn't even really a true industry. Sure we like to think that transactions in domaining are massive but they are dwarfed by most other real businesses. Sedo does under $100 m in transactions a year. Tiny.

But does the industry include what Adam is even guilty of failing to deliver on? It's not a domaining issue but a service issue. Adam has screwed people on website development which is a totally different area than what most think of as big players are interested in. Who are the industry players in SEO and website delivery? Microsoft? Acquia? Automattic ? Or is the business best suited to being smaller and more local based (imho, yes).

it's why people like Adam can get away with what they do. They are small and in a small space and it's not dominated by large players.... and it's why there are so many more people LIKE Adam. Who's going to chase down the industry (SEO) scumbags? Every day thousands of small businesses are ripped off by people and every day their opinions and businesses are repaired by better people that have genuine customer concerns. Some of the victims don't even know they are being ripped off and just think lackluster results is because it's just hard and they must have the "wrong keywords" or "not spent enough". If you don't know what you're buying how can you judge what you receive (unless it's pitifully bad like the sites Adam put together). If you get some positive reviews from Fiverr you think it's working.

While no one taken advantage of should be treated as anything less than a VICTIM the reality is that there are few shortcuts to the promise land of financial security that don't involve work and / or luck. The idea of getting a LOT for NOTHING is the core, fundamental issue. If you want to start with the big players you should have people start with the Google's of the world that promise by simple trickery you can get to #1 and a fortune.. or Amazon that says do nothing but setup a store and make a fortune. Then one by one work through the multiple levels of garbage get rich quick schemes. Let's get rid of parking and passive revenue and that solves TWO problems - shit on the internet and the associated scams... and the wasted advertising spending that some people unwittingly spend. Throw real traffic domains baby out with the bathwater- no one actually loses.

From my limited knowledge of domain blogs:

DNJournal
It's not really all that relevant anymore (outside of some perceived authority on sales numbers). Don't think anyone has really read anything on here in years other than some compiled lists of sales that have been "verified".

Domaininvesting / DomainSherpa etc
Mostly self interest stories and gathering revenue via ads and clicks. Typical videos that I don't watch include such subjects of "Making $21K in 4 months from 2 domains". Sure it can be done but what's the point of these types of interviews? Education? Or attention...

TheDomains
If it's not about Mike it's about something that impacts on a bigger level (UDRP, ICANN,etc.). I don't think he really cares about this type of story to be frank. One of the few blogs I do actually read on occasion.

DomainShane did post on the story. I came off as more critical of it in an earlier post than I intended by focusing on what I would like to see versus the fact that he took any step at all.

DNWire/Acro/DomainGang/TLDInvestors (@equity78)
They posted stories on it. Probably not big enough?

Rick
Does he give a shit about anything to do with domaining that isn't self-serving anymore..or did he ever?

TheRealShane
I guess he broke the story but based on his blog I'm not sure anyone would take it seriously.

Anyone else a big player?

If you're looking for a big blow up story you're looking in the wrong places or have wrong expectations. I kind of thought the same thing but then why would bloggers who have a reliance on ads from various entities risk that revenue? Companies don't like negative articles and even less so when it's not based on a lot of actual legal or personal knowledge. What are they supposed to post? Beware of Adam Dicker because he might be up to no good. And even then... who cares, at large, what Ray/Shane/Acro etc. thinks?

If I'm buying a service I look to more appropriate sources of information. If I was developing a name? The ABSOLUTE LAST place I would go for help is to a domainer, even if they promised the world. Of course, if my idea of development is getting fools to click on ads then maybe it doesn't matter who you go to.

The above is my knowledge of domain blogs - some of which I haven't visited in a while.

I'm not intending to belittle, demean, or denigrate anyone above (except Adam). I'm not being critical of the blogs, their reach, or your perceived idea of their importance etc. It's just my opinion.

•••
Feel free to add blogs I've missed above ^. Like I said, I don't really read that many that often.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back