Dynadot

discuss Is 5L (xxxxx.com) worth it?

NameSilo
Watch

SNJV

Established Member
Impact
I see people buying/Selling Random xxx.com xxxx.com

I tried searching unregistered 3L / 4L but everything is taken!

Should I Grab random 5L xxxxx.com?

Do they provide any value? Or they're useless? All the good name's are already taken.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It has value if its:

Dictionary word
Meaningful (has a meaning to it)
Pronounceable
Brandable
A name

Other than that don't bother wasting your money and save it for popcorn or coffee

•••
It has value if its:

Dictionary word
Pronounceable
Brandable
A name

Other than that don't bother wasting your money and save it for popcorn or coffee
Thanks mate 🙂

•••
3L is good as abbreviation or a short brandable. It makes its value high. Same with 4L. If its pronunciable, its even better. But 4L is less desired than 3L. 5L is even lot less desired than 4L or 3L as it has very less chance as abbreviation. So, unless its pronunciable or has high chance to sell as brandable, its useless just like any other names. Imo.

•••
3L is good as abbreviation or a short brandable. It makes its value high. Same with 4L. If its pronunciable, its even better. But 4L is less desired than 3L. 5L is even lot less desired than 4L or 3L as it has very less chance as abbreviation. So, unless its pronunciable or has high chance to sell as brandable, its useless just like any other names. Imo.
Gotcha :) Thanks

•••
Sometime, you just have to think outside the box and get creative. I've 5 now that were all hand registered and I like them.

www. qirqs.com
www. qirqy.com
www. bonqd.com
www. qwynt.com
www. kervd.com

I'd say all of these were:

Dictionary word
Pronounceable
Brandable
A name

There are others out there and seeing as I will probably never get near LLLL.com, they are the closest I can thing I can have.

Good luck with your search..

•••
Sometime, you just have to think outside the box and get creative. I've 5 now that were all hand registered and I like them.

www. qirqs.com
www. qirqy.com
www. bonqd.com
www. qwynt.com
www. kervd.com

I'd say all of these were:

Dictionary word
Pronounceable
Brandable
A name

There are others out there and seeing as I will probably never get near LLLL.com, they are the closest I can thing I can have.

Good luck with your search..
Thanks a lot :) your names are wonderful, I'm sure you'll generate a nice ROI

•••
www. qirqs.com
www. qirqy.com
www. bonqd.com
www. qwynt.com
www. kervd.com

Just to understand your Point Of View, could you elaborate why you like these names, but above all what a buyer should find interesting about them from a Brandable perspective?

Thanks

•••
Just to understand your Point Of View, could you elaborate why you like these names, but above all what a buyer should find interesting about them from a Brandable perspective?

Thanks

Firstly, thank you all for your comments and your time.

As a relative newbie myself, I can only give my own opinion as to why I like them and why they may appeal to either a re-seller or an end user.

1 - They are 5L's
2 - They are one/two syllable
3 - They are dictionary words - although they are mis-spellings
4 - They are short
5 - They are easy to pronounce
6 - They are memorable
7 - They are .com

However, they would not pass the radio test which I know can sometimes be a problem.

I have not tried to sell any of my domains yet, so don't know whether they (or I) would be successful. In addition, I have not yet identified any potential end users but may go down the road of brandable websites for short term.

I am sure there are many reason why they may or may not be good domains, but I have realized that certain names can be subjective and as such I'd welcome any additional comments.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
1 - They are 5L's
2 - They are one/two syllable
4 - They are short
5 - They are easy to pronounce
6 - They are memorable
7 - They are .com

Reddstagg

Along with these, I also suggest to check past sale trend on Namebio. I think, letters like q, w, x, z don’t make a desirable brandable.

•••

By definition they would _not_ be a dictionary word if they're a misspell
(and these aren't misspelled either - they're "near soundalikes")

The one listed in your sig twice is a (common enough) misspell
Coinsolidated is a brandable (and IMHO saleable although long)
The hyphenated aren't worth paying to renew

•••
LLL.com - 17,576 total
LLLL.com - 456,976 total
LLLLL.com - 11,881,376 total

There are so many 5L .com, that I doubt there is ever a point where some random letters have value.

Brad

•••
By definition they would _not_ be a dictionary word if they're a misspell
(and these aren't misspelled either - they're "near soundalikes")

The one listed in your sig twice is a (common enough) misspell
Coinsolidated is a brandable (and IMHO saleable although long)
The hyphenated aren't worth paying to renew

Thanks for the heads up about the double entry in my signature. This has now been changed.

All comments are gratefully received and I will take on board your suggestions.

•••

Do they provide any value? Or they're useless? All the good name's are already taken.

NO

•••

Definitely not the random ones. When wondering about the value of something, and the domains are not an exception here, you should ask a couple of questions:
- How useful can this be for someone?
- How limited is the supply?

All 3L/4L are taken long ago, and they often (not always) make a good online address. 5L are currently _far_ from being all taken. There are still many available 5L names that look and sound good. But they are still hard to sell for decent money - because buyers are typically able to find similar of even better unregistered ones on their own, or to proceed with some higher quality aged ones (unless they really want just your domain). This is especially true for random names: imagine, who might want to buy (and what for?) ghjkm.com, when they can register ghjkn.com?

Last edited:
•••
Just hand regged another one that I hope is not taxed:

WWW. TAXXT.COM

•••
•••
www. taxxt.me

Picked up www. taxxt.com earlier in the week and it seems that we are always getting taxxt one way or another.

•••
www. taxxt.me

Picked up www. taxxt.com earlier in the week and it seems that we are always getting taxxt one way or another.
Niceee :)

•••
Just hand regged another one that I hope is not taxed:

WWW. TAXXT.COM

That's cool one(y)

I just hand registered one -

Gmrng .com

Personally think it not bad. What do you guys see that? Thanks heaps.

•••
LLL.com - 17,576 total
LLLL.com - 456,976 total
LLLLL.com - 11,881,376 total

There are so many 5L .com, that I doubt there is ever a point where some random letters have value.

Brad

Wow thanks Brad, knew many 5l to be taken, unlike 4, but no one quantifies & assume knew. Thank you. multiple 456,976 by 26.. nice, already memorized #4L, but 5L # overlooked.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Still the best article to show how to arrive 456,976 number of 4L domain total supply;

“There are total of 456,976 LLLL domain names available (26x26x26x26=456,976)”

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Still the best article to show how to arrive 456,976 number of 4L domain total supply;

“There are total of 456,976 LLLL domain names available (26x26x26x26=456,976)”

Samer

nice article...thanks

•••
5L pronounceable catchy name is preferable to 4L unpronounceable name, any day.

•••
If you search hard enough, you might actually find something worthwhile. I stumbled upon moziy(.)com in my research and came to find out that it's an English surname and Uzbek for melodious(meaning). I already registered it. I personally think CVCVC may make a nice brandable.
C- consonant
C- vowel

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back