IT.COM

discuss Is 5L (xxxxx.com) worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

SNJV

Established Member
Impact
I see people buying/Selling Random xxx.com xxxx.com

I tried searching unregistered 3L / 4L but everything is taken!

Should I Grab random 5L xxxxx.com?

Do they provide any value? Or they're useless? All the good name's are already taken.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have Slegh.com CCVCC

Good name ??

•••
I have Slegh.com CCVCC

Good name ??

Good evening

It is very close to the word 'sleigh' and it might be pronouceable the same.

I could maybe see this selling towards the end of the year when the festivities happen and there may be snow on the ground in some places.

It is not by any means the worst example that I have seen and you may just find a buyer for it.

I wish you luck.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
Good evening

It is very close to the word 'sleigh' and it might be pronouceable the same.

I could maybe see this selling towards the end of the year when the festivities happen and there may be snow on the ground in some places.

It is not by any means the worst example that I have seen and you may just find a buyer for it.

I wish you luck.

Regards,

Reddstagg
Thanks for your input! How much do you think I should price it, hand regged it yesterday

•••
Thanks for your input! How much do you think I should price it, hand regged it yesterday

I'm as new to this business as you are so I wouldn't be able to give you a price. You should use any tools that are available to you as a guide and you will see what similar type names sell for and work out your price from that.

Who will you sell it to? Who would be the end user for a name such as this?

Maybe other on NP would give you a better idea of pricing but you have to be realistic too.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
I'm as new to this business as you are so I wouldn't be able to give you a price. You should use any tools that are available to you as a guide and you will see what similar type names sell for and work out your price from that.

Who will you sell it to? Who would be the end user for a name such as this?

Maybe other on NP would give you a better idea of pricing but you have to be realistic too.

Regards,

Reddstagg
Thank you so much for your response

•••
I love 5L names personally and have had some modest success with them (selling), but more so in using them with projects of my own. But then I view 5L's as part of the brandable market more than short. Basically, 3L & 4L names are always going to hold value just off being 3L or 4L, but a 5L may not even be worth registration fees depending on the letters involved, so there's value if it's brandable (imho).

For me, it comes down to 3 questions:
  • Is it pronounceable?
  • Does it pass the "radio test"? If someone hears it will they be able to spell it without any confusion?
  • Does it have "the feel" of a software or WordPress theme type name? (this is due to the type of projects I work on, if I were into travel then "the feel" I'd look for would be different)
If it's a yes on all 3 (and available to hand reg) then I'm nabbing the name. I'm confident that either I or a developer I know at some point will be able to use it. And if I hold it long enough without finding a use for it, well I've never had trouble getting my investment plus a profit back on any of them so far. The amount of profit varies wildly, I've had some I put $30 into registering and renewing then sold for just over $30, and I've had some I was $30 into that sold for four figures. That's the way of things with all brandables though.

I would add as cautionary that if I were purely a domain investor I wouldn't touch 5L's with a ten-foot pole. Without an actual use for the names myself to purchase them on speculation that someone else might like them and have a use for them someday would seem like a foolish investment to me. Like I said earlier I view 5L's as brandables, and meaningful 2-word brandable names are much easier sales than made-up 5L's any day of the week, that's where I'd invest my time and money as an investor over 5L's.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back