NameSilo

Internet of Things (IOT) Industry Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I looked back a few pages and didn't see any similar posts, so I thought I would showcase a few IOT domain names I'm hand-registering in hopes of an end user sale sometime down the road. Hope you will all do the same, post sales of IOT names, and discuss the potential for this broad growing industry.

Brandable: IOTROL, IOTICO, IOTICAM, IOTISTICS, IOTICOM, IOTICON, IOTHERM, IOTICA, IOTIVE

Keyword: IOTEngineer, IOTBigData, IOTMiddleware, BigDataIOT, SmartCitiesTech, SmartCitiesTechnology, SmartCitiesIOT, SmartCityIOT

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
thanks for the valuable info

note though when I asked about center, I meant the 'British' form of center which is 'centre'. I meant if it's worth getting the british versions as well.

thanks again
I'm British and don't see too much value in our spelling of the name when it comes to domains unfortunately.

It pains me to say that by the way...

•••
I'm British and don't see too much value in our spelling of the name when it comes to domains unfortunately.

It pains me to say that by the way...

I wish there was an option to 'thank' *and* 'like' :)

I grew up learning British English and not American English so I can feel you.. even without being a native speaker.

•••
I actually contacted the owner of internetofthings.com to request a price a few years back I think his reply was around $250,000...since then looks like mediaoptions has scooped it up and trying to sell it for $900k guess I lost my chance!

Last edited:
•••
I personally bet on Industry 4.0 (i40) domains.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
MobileVRiot

Viotco
Viotcorp

•••
•••
I don't like IoT, it's too general. Maybe we should have a .fridge TLD - then we can give fridges credit cards, and they can do our shopping for us.

This post was only slightly tongue-in-cheek. :)

ps - don't forget the dog.

•••
I once got:

IOTCademy.com
IOTHub.online
IOTSource.online
LearnIOT.online
MakeIOT.online
MakeIOTDevice.online

Only 1 .com but I think .online works for this niche

•••
•••
I don't like IoT, it's too general. Maybe we should have a .fridge TLD - then we can give fridges credit cards, and they can do our shopping for us.

This post was only slightly tongue-in-cheek. :)

ps - don't forget the dog.
5G?

•••
iotsystem.net

Last edited:
•••
Legislator Mulls Regulation for Internet of Things
In October, using new techniques and new cyber weapons, attackers disrupted several major websites all over the U.S. As a result, legislators have been hearing calls for regulating the Internet of Things (IoT). In fact, the Chair of the National Republican Congressional Committee has shown an openness to regulating IoT devices.

Also read: Blockchain Could Have Prevented Last Week’s DDoS Attack

IoT Devices Pose Risks to Users
Walden-300x169.jpg

Rep. Greg Walden
Specifically, regarding regulating IoT devices, U.S. Representative Greg Walden (R) of Oregon said, “While I am not taking a certain level of regulation off the table the question is whether we need a more holistic approach.”

The unparalleled, massive Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attack against Dyn’s managed infrastructure severely disrupted major websites, such as Amazon, CNN, HBO, Netflix, The New York Times, and Twitter. The attack took place on Friday, October 21, 2016.

Consequently, worried lawmakers have been debating about introducing regulation for the IoT. For example, Walden chaired a joint hearing entitled “Understanding the Role of Connected Devices in Recent Cyber Attacks.” This hearing took place before the Energy and Commerce subcommittees on communications and technology, and commerce, manufacturing, and trade, on November 16, 2016.

Calls for Government to Provide Regulation Guidance
At the hearing, Dale Drew, Chief Security Officer, Level 3 Communications, testified, “Estimates suggest there are already billions of IoT devices in operation and their use is growing dramatically. However, the lack of adequate security measures in these devices also poses significant risks to users and the broader internet community.”

Drew called on the government to provide guidance, because “The current lack of any security standards for IoT devices is certainly part of the problem that ought to be addressed. In particular, IoT manufacturers and vendors should embrace and abide by additional security practices to prevent harm to users and the internet.”

Another call for further government intervention came from Bruce Schneier, Special Advisor to IBM Security and CTO of Resilient. Schneier declared, “If we want to secure our increasingly computerized and connected world, we need more government involvement in the security of the ‘Internet of Things’ and increased regulation of what are now critical and life-threatening technologies. It is no longer a question of if, it is a question of when.”

https://news.bitcoin.com/legislator-mulls-regulation-iot-devices/

•••
•••
I have just 1 from this topic: iot.place

•••
Got

io hom3s . com

2 years ago.

Singular for sale at 4.cn at
¥88,000.00
($12653.68)

•••
•••
•••
•••
iiiooottt.com

ioottt.com

iioott.com

•••
Few dotcom's
Ciotux
Diotux
Liotux
Riotux
Figiot

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back