NameSilo

Interesting observation...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I put up a new section of my site that basically uses a single php script that displays multiple pages. I put a google ads leaderboard on the top of the pages. When I link to it from the main page, I get the ads that were relevant to the main page, not to the new section page. However, if I click on a new page in that same script, I get the proper ads. If I click back to the script's first page (the same page that the script originally links from the main menu), I get the proper ads. So basically Google must use the page it came from as a reference, not the page it is going to when it comes to PHP. I guess that explains why my world news page never seems to come up with proper ads.

Anyone else notice this or am I just crazy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The first few times you visit a page (Before crawled) I do think that google on .php uses the previous page as a source. It will (And does) correct itself over time, however.
-Allan

•••
Yep, just wait a while and it should be right. It takes a while to get relevant ads once you start and as Allan says uses the previous page.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back