Dynadot

How they run ads on parked domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Faresahmedhosny

Impact
I recently see a kind of Facebook ads that's redirect the visitor to a parked domain. How they do that and didn't get block from sedo .
Is there any method to do that ?
If there can you say it please
I need to know if we can buy ads to our parked domain or forbidden.
Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Violates TOS of every parking company. They will eventually get caught.

•••
Actually, it is allowed but not for end users (or only the biggest ones). Selected Google partners (parking companies, "content recommendation" platforms, zeroclick providers etc. can do arbitrage, i.e buying cheap traffic hoping that they earn better when redirected to parking pages.

This arbitrage is spreading like a virus and very bad thing for end user parkers. This is most probably the root cause behind RPC drops everywhere, because huge low quality referral traffic is sent to parking pages that increase the traffic supply for the same advertising budget.

•••
Is that why there were some clawbacks very recently? Or is it an old scheme?

•••
Is that why there were some clawbacks very recently? Or is it an old scheme?

This is a relatively new thing, started about a year ago and getting huge in the recent months, now it is everywhere. It is logical to think that the recent big clawbacks are somehow related to arbitrage.

Last edited:
•••
How is this a new thing? It's been happening for ages.

I even bought an ebook from Amazon several years old. It's a garbage ebook telling you to run ads and redirect to parked pages; nothing of value in it.

I have heard, however, that some parking companies allow arbitrage to big money parkers, who, I guess know to bring in the profits with servicable quality traffic but I can't confirm whether this is true or not.

If it is, it would surely impact EPC for the rest of us because those guys could make steady profits even with shittier EPC.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back