NameSilo

.info .INFO Purposes

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pertosda

Digital MarketingVIP Member
Impact
Hi,

What would you say is the best use for .INFO domains??

I mean, this extension is not bad but I have read it only works well with certain kind of names.

What is it? News? Products? Actually anything can have INFOrmation related, no?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.info = information :blink:

I like them and think they will improve with time.

Could be used for lots of things, people are always looking for information on things B-)

•••
mellowmasher just said! I could use them also for biographies sites and actor names websites

•••
If it's a good domain name. Some domainers will buy it and just park it, In hopes
of making a few dollars.

•••
.infos are useful for lots of thing namely information or you might be able to think of something that each letter could stand for.

•••
works good with science stuff, new technology, all informationnal subjects

•••
read an article once of an aspiring actor who used hisname.info for his resume instead of a .com which was available because .info is just that, information. A .com would be like he was trying to sell them something.

•••
.info is a highly versatile extension -- well suited to all types of news/informational sites, fan sites, product information, city/travel sites and a lot more. I think we'll see an increasing number of well developed sites using the extension, and it looks to have a bright future. :gl:

•••
Info seems to have a better future than biz and even org!

•••
.info is good for city ,country or place.Especial,for famous travel place.

For example:

BeiJing.info,usa.info and so on.

•••
bizbj said:

For example:

Manhattan.info :p :p

•••
bizbj said:

For example:

Yeh....i like .info :lala:

•••
Anything that is Info (Information) Oriented. Places , People ... Reference material of any kind .. ;)

•••
I agree .info is probably the most versatile tld there is with potential applications broader than any other extension. Having said that, however, I think one area where it suits better than anything else is health-related and medical topics.....for example....take terms like asthma, diabetes, depression, pregnancy, drug addiction, etc....IMO, .info is not just the best but probably the only suitable tld for terms like these....just try to objectively compare asthma.info with asthma.com, diabetes.info with diabetes.com, and so forth...

•••
rocketfly said:
.info is a highly versatile extension -- well suited to all types of news/informational sites, fan sites, product information, city/travel sites and a lot more. I think we'll see an increasing number of well developed sites using the extension, and it looks to have a bright future. :gl:
Could not have said it better, I have 1200 .info's for those exact uses

•••
it can really be used for any time of site, even an online store if you wanted to but I personally like to use these for forums

•••
.info will be getting more value than .biz / .us /.ws
I personally think that for some keywords .info is more suitable than .net (more to network type of keyword) or .org (more toward organizations/group).
Given sometime I think .info will gain its real value since that all the good .com keyword are taken and 80% of it were just being ppc parked. People will turn to .info if .com/.net domains were taken.

Just my 2cents.

•••
Everyone hereh as some great ideas for how the .info can be used - To be honest I thought they were useless: But now I've taken a new view of them.
you could use .info's for making fan sites of a famous actor/actress, Landmarks, Famous people, News articles, dictionary words, help sites: cancer.info etc...

Wow, never knew how much potential the .info extention had!

Regards,
-Dane

•••
BigD said:
Everyone hereh as some great ideas for how the .info can be used - To be honest I thought they were useless: But now I've taken a new view of them.
you could use .info's for making fan sites of a famous actor/actress, Landmarks, Famous people, News articles, dictionary words, help sites: cancer.info etc...

Wow, never knew how much potential the .info extention had!

Regards,
-Dane

I agree. I think they are great and will grow and they are not as limited as .co.uk or .us but more universal :blink:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back