Dynadot

.info .ORG or .INFO ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

FUTRS

Future Trend Domain NamesTop Member
Impact
It seems the .org extension has been dying for a while and now I'm beginning to wonder if the .INFO extension has begun to pass it by.

I know most of you will say ' it depends on what the name is', but I mean more of a general statement... Say for example... products or services, what would u rather have?

I think the dot info has actually gained google rank over the years and is doing quite nicely... I say this as pure speculation and not with any facts....anybody else agree or have an opinion on this?

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
While I believe .org rather went "more mainstream" (and like it personally), it seems there´s much more proper use made of .info domains in Europe (where people are as well less com/net/org centered than in the U.S.). Even large corporations and organizations which have a choice (like 1&1, they surely registered the .com) often use a .info domain as their main address. Among the new TLDs, it´s one of the very few which became a success.

•••
I would have to say that there is a quite a distance between .org and .info in my opinion...and that's all it is, my opinion.

I have to disagree with Brad on one thing, which is not something I do often, and that is the order of the big three. In some cases I would take the .org over the .net in a heartbeat. It just works better with some names in my experience, so I think that second spot in the pecking order is contentious depending on the name. I would go as far as to suggest that .org will completely overtake .net, which to me is becoming the ugly step sister that no-one pays any attention to in that particualr hierarchy.

JMO.

•••
I would go as far as to suggest that .org will completely overtake .net

JMO.

I do hear from Asia that .net is there still the obvious choice, anybody can comment on it?

•••
When I said the following it was not a ranking in order, it was basically CNO - then the rest. Those three are separated from the pack in credibility and value.

I am a big .ORG fan and own hundreds. There are many cases where the term is a better fit in .ORG than .NET, but at the same point many terms fit .NET better.

Brad

COM/NET/ORG then all the rest.

Brad

I would have to say that there is a quite a distance between .org and .info in my opinion...and that's all it is, my opinion.

I have to disagree with Brad on one thing, which is not something I do often, and that is the order of the big three. In some cases I would take the .org over the .net in a heartbeat. It just works better with some names in my experience, so I think that second spot in the pecking order is contentious depending on the name. I would go as far as to suggest that .org will completely overtake .net, which to me is becoming the ugly step sister that no-one pays any attention to in that particualr hierarchy.

JMO.

•••
Some keywords match better with .net or .org, but at the end of the day, if you're developing, gTLD means absolutely nothing.

Google

•••
Sure it does. If you are running an actual company credibility matters and the bottom line is some extensions are more credible than others.

Brad

Some keywords match better with .net or .org, but at the end of the day, if you're developing, gTLD means absolutely nothing.

Google

•••
for seo i prefer .com > .net > .org > .info

•••
I just bought a .ORG today for $500+ and sold one for $750, so there is demand for the right keywords.

Brad

•••
Sure it does. If you are running an actual company credibility matters and the bottom line is some extensions are more credible than others.

Brad

I meant in terms of search engine performance.
You know that we're on the same page as far as extensions and credibility.

•••
.org is definitely stronger. The Sales lists all over remind us of this fact. There is no possible comparison at this moment between the .org and the .info

•••
I just bought a .ORG today for $500+ and sold one for $750, so there is demand for the right keywords.

Brad

Definitely. I sold a three word .org for $650 on Sedo earlier this month.

•••
I would rank them:
NET
ORG
INFO

•••
.com > .org = .net > .info :)

•••
I soo root for .org, just registered 2 highly searched phrases in this extension:

createresume.org
smallbags.org

•••
I think org is definietly better than info. Some even believe it's better than com. But I knew there's some info site that is of very high rank in Google.

•••
.org is better than .info and .net from my personal experience, but it's no way better than .com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back