Domain Empire

discuss .INFO General Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Jacks86

Top Member
Impact
Lots of life in this gtld, yet there is no general .INFO thread. Therefore I am starting one as of now! :laugh:

Looked at the sales over the last couple months: https://namebio.com/?s=gN2YzN4UzM

3L, 3N, 4N, random one word and large domains are selling across many different auction houses which is a good thing.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I screwed up with 4N.INFO, hand registered 161 of them and sold them all for $8-10 each. Selling them now, could of added $30-40 per domain...patience is for sure a skill one must master with domaining.

I did see many of the member here doing the quick flip. I think like in share, domainer also are day traders, medium investors and long term players. I did see day trader here, who hand register and want to sell it with a month for a quick 500 to 1000% profit(buy for $1 sell for $10).

That infact good, but atleast few domain can be kept aside, like out of 161 you could set aside 16 domains for long term

•••
How were these only $1 each???

True, low search volume but easy to rank, high CPC and can be sold to end users.
Water Damage Scottsdale.info CPC -- $54.93
Water Damage Phoenix.info CPC -- $64.16
Tampa Locksmith .info CPC -- $14.98

Really???? Look at these awesome keywords..... These would be super easy to sell to end users, even in this extension! How were they $1 each? This extension is totally undervalued.
Auto Mechanic .info
Security Alarm .info

•••
I'm sitting on a .info domain that I'm hoping will fetch a decent price soon.

Eight8.info :)

•••
How were these only $1 each???

True, low search volume but easy to rank, high CPC and can be sold to end users.

Really???? Look at these awesome keywords..... These would be super easy to sell to end users, even in this extension! How were they $1 each? This extension is totally undervalued.
Auto Mechanic .info
Security Alarm .info

I think you have to be quite the salesman/woman, or settle for less selling .info's. If any business is buying up their respective name (etc.,) in .whatever, than .info was probably once on the table. But your right, I have passively sold quite a few huge handfuls of names in a niche, for the buyer. Not rebrands, just complements, additions, etc. And some for side projects. Mainly; were talking portfolio fillers, not full-fledged co-existing businesses.

.Info's; OVERVALUED in the domain aftermarket, (Slightly) UNDERVALUED in end user, private, etc., aftermarket (as you stated above albeit; limited. For argument sake).

Fact remains, .info's don't have any defining characteristics you couldn't get on a comparative new g'. Granted, at least .info's are entirely seo/link friendly and their only ~$3 a pop (+ $XX renewals). I think their domainer friendly because they cheap, and plentiful. Everyone wants 1 word domains, and before new g's came along, you could buy 1-word .info's buy the 100's (still can probably). I think Flippa took .info's to an even higher, inflated level as Flippa is the most transparent and accessible. Then investors higher up in the food chain, bought for a high, and are still probably holding them. Not easy or quick sales. Nobody inquires on .info's, at least comparatively speaking and there the first names investors don't renew. There's really not an incredible track record of sales for .info's, and that speaks the most on it.

There's certainly value to be had with it, based on what a buyer/end user does with it. It's probably cheaper than most new g's renewals, but again, not incredibly different. Value is relatively the same. You could certainly sell em' and frankly from last time I checked, hell' you could probably buy 100 .info's with a hundred potential end users for each, so the odds aren't bad. I'm not really much of a salesman, sounds a hell of a lot easier just to automate that part out lol.

Last edited:
•••

@Mahogany - These are actually awesome, would be ideal grab these domains, put up a lead capture site with niche related content. Get it ranked and then sell leads to one or two related businesses.

•••

@Mahogany - These are actually awesome, would be ideal grab these domains, put up a lead capture site with niche related content. Get it ranked and then sell leads to one or two related businesses.

https://www.godaddy.com/domains/sea...l=1&domainToCheck=Water+Damage+Scottsdale.com

If the link is removed, it's just a search for the keywords on GD's available domains.

If I had to pick a name to do the above, I'd probably pick a .info. But, that's me and that's 1 of many choices. Get's lost in the clutter. I could accomplish the same on .club, or .whatever. .Info comparatively, isn't bringing all that much to the table.

•••
Just out of curiosity I checked out the search volume for "Water Damage Scottsdale" and it's 170 or so searches per month... High competition too. I went over to check out the currently ranked sites. It's clearly a on going battle between everyone on the first page, you can tell they are all very SEO conscious.

•••
i did register some 20 domain for such keywords with .COM extension and emailed end user. not even one showed any interest :(

•••
i did register some 20 domain for such keywords with .COM extension and emailed end user. not even one showed any interest :(

Probably would be better for you to develop the domains and try sell them a ready made site with a monthly SEO service. Or increase the price of the domain and tell them u will create a website for them (basic website) and if they want SEO you can do it for $XXXpm

•••
Probably would be better for you to develop the domains and try sell them a ready made site with a monthly SEO service. Or increase the price of the domain and tell them u will create a website for them (basic website) and if they want SEO you can do it for $XXXpm

Who are you guys referring to as the potential buyers?

•••
leads from google adwords(businesses advertised for the keyword), google local business listing, yelp listing and google search result for the keyword

•••
leads from google adwords(businesses advertised for the keyword), google local business listing, yelp listing and google search result for the keyword

It's quality over quantity. The obverse is just spamming. That's fine (I guess lol), but you don't ever learn anything from doing that. You're putting all your marbles in one basket. Let's take the 2nd result from the search....

http://waterdamage-scottsdale.info/

You could pitch them WaterDamageScottsdale.com and they probably won't give 2 shits about it. It's a ~2 year old site. Intention of the site is obvious. These shells of a business, aren't worth targeting. Frankly, if the owner of the site in particular, is the own who developed, designed, marketed, it, etc., than don't bother reaching out. They developed it for 1 reason. They don't care about the name. They're more than content running it on auto-pilot. And this is disregarding .info's that your trying to sell a .info.

Selling an inferior extension to an "inferior buyer" = zilch

I've never met, heard about, etc., anyone that's a successful .info seller; that does outreach for em'. Well, let's say the typical run of the mill .info, because there .info's have seen some success, sales, etc., albeit; small. Think of the countless .com's that have incredible value. Now think of all the .info's that do. Not a whole lot. 99 times out 100, the .info you have, is probably worth a whole lot of nothing. There's nothing wrong covering the bases so to speak, but the most successful sellers are the ones who don't have any remorse after sending their outreach email. Meaning, the people they choose to bother, are worth bothering.

Plainly speaking, sites are developed on .info's because there's just nothing left; at least, there was nothing left. Now there's hundreds to fill the void for the business person who can't afford the .com (granted, new g premiums are ridiculous). A .info is still just a .info.

I appreciate the endeavor, but I think your wasting your time marketing out .info's. It's just a bad bet. The public sales speak for themselves. It's not an investment that will be appreciating over time. You'll probably lose money and more importantly time.

•••
Hmm I think premkumar registered .com domains not .info's if I understood his message correctly?

@premkumar I think if u contacting the guys that are already on the first page then you probably not going to have much luck. If you are going this route then it's probably better that you target people in the third page onward and explain to them how much business they are losing out to their competitors who are listed on the first page.

•••
Hmm I think premkumar registered .com domains not .info's if I understood his message correctly?

@premkumar I think if u contacting the guys that are already on the first page then you probably not going to have much luck. If you are going this route then it's probably better that you target people in the third page onward and explain to them how much business they are losing out to their competitors who are listed on the first page.

Well said. And yeah, I kept on .info's because that's how the topic started. At least I think that's what @Mahogany was getting at lol. Whatever. Same difference.

•••
I did contact SERP listing from 1st to 3rd page. may be i try create a website and contact the leads. i think that could make the difference

•••
Yes i own .COM not .INFO. I feel its better to spend $9 .COM then buying $1 .INFO and spend hours on contacting end user. Still even with .COM i didn't tasted my 1st sale.

•••
Some of my domain targeting local business are:
HouseCleaningSandiego.com
LosAngelesLimousineServices.com
ROOFREPAIRCHARLOTTENC.com

Is it anything wrong in the domain name?

•••
I am ready to test the methods and post you the responses. Hope we can come with technique's to improve our sales to end users. I believe their is a huge domain market for local business. Just that we need to professionalize our approach.

•••
We could argue our points until we're both blue in the face! I'll leave it alone by saying this.... I wouldn't buy or reg 600+ .infos a year if I wasn't making any profit. ;) My profit may be nothing compared to some of the bigger players.... But its all relative.

Additionally, I keep the highest CPC and keyword match domains for my adsense, amazon and cpa personal projects.

•••
We could argue our points until we're both blue in the face! I'll leave it alone by saying this.... I wouldn't buy or reg 600+ .infos a year if I wasn't making any profit. ;) My profit may be nothing compared to some of the bigger players.... But its all relative.

Additionally, I keep the highest CPC and keyword match domains for my adsense, amazon and cpa personal projects.

I kind of hopped in the thread without reading every word of it. What I said was more of a blanket statement, comparing selling .com or whatever vs. .info. If there's a will, there's a way. .Info's are rather plentiful, cheap to register, etc. Risk is low and the savings translate into no brainer $100, $200, etc., sales for a buyer. Plus, the added benefit that your less likely to be "tied" to the name. This is IMO, but I never really got incredibly sentimental with any of mine. Easier to do away with. I think I've owned roughly ~1000 .info names; give or take a hundred or 2. Never really saw much from them parking-wise, or inquiries, etc. To be sold, they needed the outreach. I think it's a tough nut to crack if you have limited experience going into it. Some names, extensions, etc., just being easier and a little more liquid; depending of course.

I don't want to contradict anything I stated before haha. So I said over-valued investor-wise, and undervalued end user, etc. I think .info's ballooned up in value because a handful of buyers which made for a bit of feeding frenzy in a sense, that never really amounted to a whole lot. "Buy a .info and flip it on Flippa"...sort of deal. I think your not likely to see the return of lets say parking a .info vs a .com (number of inquiries, resale price, etc.,). I think I mostly just didn't want to see a member on here post a massive list of all the .info's they just hand-registered, and asking for appraisals on em' haha. And me using "you" doesn't mean you lol, that's just the pronoun I used lol.

•••
I understand where you're coming from brother. Totally.

And just to clarify and add context on my post.... I'm not a "real" domainer....

I'm a developer that stumbled here looking for long tail domains for Adsense sites years ago. As my SEO knowledge increased and then my budget to outsource increased, I gravitated towards .infos ranking and budget purposes.

Selling to end users became a bonus for me and extra income because of my ability to have great websites created for little to nothing.

If I were purely a domainer and made most of my income via end users I wouldn't invest as much time as I do in infos and hold as many as I have.

For service related companies and geo businesses.... It just makes since from an organic traffic point of view to use infos instead of brandables.

•••
I understand where you're coming from brother. Totally.

And just to clarify and add context on my post.... I'm not a "real" domainer....

I'm a developer that stumbled here looking for long tail domains for Adsense sites years ago. As my SEO knowledge increased and then my budget to outsource increased, I gravitated towards .infos ranking and budget purposes.

I consider myself a part time of all the above (domainer, developer, etc., and toss in a "normal" job with flexible hours that pays most of the bills lol). I don't think I'd be saying anything no one has heard already at some point, by saying "domaining" isn't a...well let's say loosely defined as squatting. Not that it is, that's just word on the street lol. In reality, most of the time domaining and developing are one of the same. If you spend enough time developing, there's a good chance you've had offers come your way, "easier money", etc., etc. in some respects especially if developing, designing, etc., isn't as profitable as one would hope right out of the gate. At the least, an alternative cash flow. And if you can code and know your way around domains, well then your set lol. That's the basis of my argument anytime I get the pissed off inquirer who's just beyond my skills to work with lol. "Well, if you're the incredible developer you claim to be, than you should know how to value a domain" and/or "If I came knocking at your door with ~$5k in hand for one your names, don't pretend you wouldn't sell it". Of course as the majority of us know, it can take just as many resources to acquire names, as it does the time, knowledge, etc., to learn a language, build something, etc., etc. All inter-related.

•••
any value for hyphenated .info domains?

•••

•••

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back