Dynadot

news India catches up in internet growth

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
The race to see which countries are most connected in the world to the Internet is changing quickly. Of course China is currently in the number position holding down a steady 600 million users, while the United States has always been second with 279 million users. What is new and astounding is that India which has always been ranked third currently has 213 million users as of last December. The rapid growth in the Internet community in India has sky-rocketed the amount of users that it has to a predicted 302 million users by the end of December. What is so fascinating about this growth is that it took 10 years to grow from 10 million to 100 million, and just three years to grow from 100 to 300 million. The growth of the Internet industry can largely be attributed to the rapid growth of infrastructure, use of internet in rural areas, and the connectivity of people’s mobile devices to the Internet.
Full Article: https://www.101domain.com/blog/web-hosting/growth-internet-india-catches/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Extremely fast growth that I doubt will slow down any time soon. Still a lot of room to expand in India.

•••
India has been predicted for years now to be a player in the domain industry. It will be interesting to see what changes come to play from this.

•••
Hmmmm!
I am just going to go out on a limb here and maybe put 1 and 1 together to see if I can't come up with a theory. One may even say a conspiracy theory (que sinister back ground music).

So if .ooo is owned by Infibeam ( or as I call them infamous-beam) which is an Indian company and apparently they are the soul provider of the iPhone in India.

They plan on having on having an IPO in March of 2015 to further promote their Build A Bazaar (BaB) utilizing their own proprietary domain extension (read .ooo).
I read somewhere that something like 80% or more of internet use in India comes from cell phones/smart phones (connection... IPhone).

Could there be an actual use for the .ooo extension after all?
If Infamous-beam is successful in their IPO and they are able to capture a tiny percentage of the population of India (1/3rd to 1% which is 3m to 10million) there would effectively be that many domain names in use.

Consider that Infamous-beam has already locked down any of the great business domain names and I speculate that they will be for use in their IPO.

So two questions here.
1) What do you think of my "conspiracy" theory?
2) Has anyone been able to get a decent .ooo domain name (a name that would fit in a business name)?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back