NameSilo

discuss If You Had $10... What You Register?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

CJ6

My favorite movies are too offensive now. Whimps.Top Member
Impact
If you had $10 USD to spend, what would you register? .com, .biz, .org, .net, .co, .info, other?
Why?

Remember, you can register more than 1 if you can afford it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Get it accepted then flip it here. Don't pay $10 to list it. Unless you want to wait for end user and make some real money. But for quick flip, auction it here.

•••
•••
If I only had $10
I would find a coupon code or a deal somewhere and come up with two really good brandable domains that would make brandbucket.

And sell them and flip the money into something else..

•••
If I only had $10
I would find a coupon code or a deal somewhere and come up with two really good brandable domains that would make brandbucket.

And sell them and flip the money into something else..

Is it just me or doesn't this sound like a really good idea and strategy even if you had more than $10? :-D :) *halo*

•••
If I only had $10 I would look for all the worst domains that are not yet registered and when this fails I register one, extension does not matter as long as its a good domain B-)

•••
Is it just me or doesn't this sound like a really good idea and strategy even if you had more than $10? :-D :) *halo*

Why not I can take 10 bucks a get 2 two 3 regs and get them all on bb in a few days my approval rate is high. Bb accepted names a bb approved name can become 30 to 50 quick. So if you get 3 of those and you can sell then in a week for 30 a peice you can make 90 bucks and with 90 bucks you can take that and find something else to invest into...

My strategy doesn't sound good to you huh... did you want me to tell you what Chinese market to put 10 bucks in. Is that what you wanted to hear? Let me ask you this how can you take 10 bucks and turn it into 90 in a week? Hmm go register 3 LLLL.biz and tell me in 1 week you will make 90 bucks. This is my strategy to get my 10 bucks into more so I can reinvest into something else.

Would I do this if I had more then 10 bucks no I would not it's not a investment this is a quick way to flip 10 bucks.and give you the money to reinvest into something else..

This is what I would do with 10 bucks

•••
Who said your strategy doesn't sound good? He said the complete opposite! It is a good strategy.

•••
My apologies I must have read this wrong

•••
That's exactly how I started domaining a few months ago.

Had around $100, reg'd a few brandables, got them almost all approved to BB, sold them for 2.5% of their suggested price and tripled my money.

Invested this in better domains and repeated and I'm now holding some liquid domains of an actual total value of around $3K and some other domains for long term investment. Hope to continue in this path with the money I'll earn from these liquid domains.

Last edited:
•••
I would prefer a .in domain , as many LLL and NNN domains are available for very cheap price , which is very valuable when it comes to long term.

•••
I would prefer a .in domain , as many LLL and NNN domains are available for very cheap price , which is very valuable when it comes to long term.

Good point, was time frame mentioned ?

•••
Good point, was time frame mentioned ?
No time frame was mentioned, but long time is a reason
I bought bg4.in for just 0.3$
Which is a very cheap price.

•••
No NNN or LLL.in is available for hand reg. nor you can buy them for $10 or less from aftermarket.

•••
No NNN or LLL.in is available for hand reg. nor you can buy them for $10 or less from aftermarket.
It was available bro, I would recommend you to visit "in forum .in " spaces have been given so that to not give backlinks.
It was available till September. You can visit their threads.

•••
It was available bro, I would recommend you to visit "in forum .in " spaces have been given so that to not give backlinks.
I am not talking about past but present. Anyway Good Luck mate.

•••

Many things were available in .......September (ah the good ole days)

•••
Many things were available in .......September (ah the good ole days)
But you can now register alphanumeric domains in combination.
For eg bg3.in is now also available, you can grab it

•••
•••
•••
I'll get a two words .COM, hope to flip it in $xxx range.

•••
If I had 10$ to spend, I would find out all the deals/promos at all the popular registrars (maybe an hours research), for example, that would give me the choice of getting 6-7 .xyz's for 1$ each (not including ICANN fee) or 2 or 3 .co's or 1 .com.. then of course I would make sure I registered name(s) that would sell and not pigeon shoot.

•••
It's not about the 10$/amount you have, it's about your research/data and ability to identify a good investment. (not to mention sale skills if wanting to maximize or speed up sales)

Some people have the gift to turn 10$ into 100$ and that 100$ into 100,000$ and so on.

•••
I'd probably buy a .COM from my backlog and then, if there's little money left, would look into LLLL.co/.biz/.info or maybe some discounted gTLD.

•••
I would register HybridAeroplane.com and refiller.xyz or ImageOptimizer.io from Namesilo/namecheap.com.
That means I would buy a future technology domain or a perfectly matching nTLD.
P.s- All above names are available. One.com provides 13$ .com/.io with one-year hosting.

•••
ImageOptimizer.io is a nice one! No, I won't reg it :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back