Dynadot

ICE Seized 20 Domain Names For The NFL Over The Weekend

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Despite challenges concerning the legality of ICE seizing domain names prior to any sort of adversarial hearing, it appears that ICE has no intention to slow down.
Read more...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just goes to show that TM / Copyright violators are no longer tolerated and that the strong arm of regulation is upon us. I'm Thankful that ICE and other agency's are playing a more active roll in policing the internet from fraud / infringement.

I fully agree with one of the commenters in that article that said:
If there was a guy selling counterfeit merchandise outside an NFL game, the police would arrest the guy and seize the merchandise, all without a warrant. Why are you seeing such a problem here?

If it's hosted on servers located in the U.S.A. and or the domain owner whois shows they are a U.S. resident, then U.S. law applies to any of those sites.

Maybe more publicity like this will help cut down on people buying Blatant Trademark domains. (One can only hope)

Eric Lyon

•••
Someone or some people got "ICE'd". Ice Ice Baby...(sorry, couldn't resist...)

Last edited:
•••
Just goes to show that TM / Copyright violators are no longer tolerated and that the strong arm of regulation is upon us. I'm Thankful that ICE and other agency's are playing a more active roll in policing the internet from fraud / infringement.
I guess if there was illegal commerce involved, that should only be the time that ICE can kick the door and seize the servers. Otherwise, if it's just plain TM domains or copyright images/articles and stuff, a simple WIPO or much less dramatic legal action would have sufficed.

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

Someone or some people got "ICE'd". Ice Ice Baby...(sorry, couldn't resist...)
I can't believe you gave away your age.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back