Domain Empire

discuss I wish I had bought that Domain!

NameSilo
Watch

Sohaib Hasan

Established Member
Impact
I was thinking of buying SEG.io yesterday because of the .io domain boom these days. SEG has 130+ abbreviations and is a three letter .io domain which is of decent value and could be worth more in the future. Some of the cool uses of SEG could be segment, second generation (gaming clan), software engineering group, social entrepreneurs group etc etc.

Today I decided to buy it anyway and it already got registered. Now I regret my decision to let it go. Do you guys have similar experiences. Feel free to share em. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well you already start profitng, gj ;)

•••
Definitely these experiences become normal as you remain consistent in the domain game. Sometimes you will regret your decision but the key is to learn form it and apply what you learned as you keep moving forward.

A similar experience I can share was when I participated in an auction for a domain name I really liked and wanted. At the same time I had my doubts because I did not know if this domain would be worth spending money on. Long story short the domain ended up selling for $140 around there and of course I did not win the auction although I really kept wanting to bid more.

Then after about a month I come across the domain in a Flippa auction and see it sold for about $1800. Talk about big time profit and talk about huge regret not to keep bidding. My lesson there was if I really like a name and feel it is valuable I should never be afraid to invest more knowing I will make profit on it.

-Will

•••
I can relate to it mate. I was a day late and one of my "to buy" domain was bought by someone else. Surprising it was bought by one of the fellow member here, so all good, hehe.

•••
Yes it happens, but its quite a normal stuff in domain investment, inspiring thing for future investment decisions.
There are definitely many other great names awaiting your interest & imagination.
Best of Luck :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back