Dynadot

information I will never help another domainer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
So I have a guy hit me up with an unsolicited direct message asking me to buy a 3 letter domain -he did the same thing months ago with another name and I nicely said no.
He wanted 6 figures months ago and now 50k. It is a nice 3 letter but I am trying to sell Birdsnest.com and pacemakers.com right now so I’m tied up.
The guy keeps messaging me so I decide to help him out and I reach out to my big boy contacts - I try not to bother these guys unless it’s something good and out of my range.
This is on Monday - a holiday where I live. My big guy gives me a number and the seller doesn’t like it. Ok - don’t take it - goodbye. Nope - comes back with another number. I tell him my big guy won’t negotiate- he insists.
At this point I am a broker on this deal! My big guy literally tells me “ tell him to fuck off” and my big guy is in the middle of closing on a house. The buyer knows all this information and keeps pushing. He finally tells me he will take the big guys offer after hours of telling me he has had better offers. I’m shielding my big guy from all this nonsense to help the seller get a deal done - he seems desperate.
I literally tell him that the big guy is buying a house as we speak - he has to agree and then I will give you his email for escrow. I’m not giving out the big guys name or email to anyone or he will disown me.
He keeps pressing me for his address.
It’s a holiday - I’m off work - my wife is complaining because I’m ignoring her and the kids - it was the last 80 degree day in Buffalo for 7 months. The buyer is busy buying a house with his wife out of the country with a time difference.
I finally get the ok from the big boy to give him an address to start escrow. I DM the buyer the address and.......POOF! Not even a thank you. It’s been 2 days and I know Escrow closed - the last message is me giving him an email address and then silence.
I literally spent hours as a go between helping this seller - I had to keep a buffer or the big boy would have told him to kiss his ass and backed out.
I spent my day off helping someone and not even a thanks - if you read this - it’s normally 10% - you’re welcome- that was a big sale - enjoy you sale and money.
Don’t help people-

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like the basis to the start of this thread rfq.com sold on NameJet yesterday for $37K.

Would be interesting to know the spread between almost sale, and final sale.

The end

Maybe it sold because of all the attention from this topic (n) (Head Scratch)

You know what they say about publicity :xf.cool:

•••
the domain the op was referring to is rfq? or I misunderstood?

Last edited:
•••
Looks like the basis to the start of this thread rfq.com sold on NameJet yesterday for $37K.

Would be interesting to know the spread between almost sale, and final sale.

The end
If you've heard Drew talk about false friends. RFQ fits into that category IMO.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back