IT.COM

discuss I sold stik.com for $75k ama

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

McJilton

Established Member
Impact
Here to help, here to learn and here to teach.

Ask any questions you may have, thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats on the sale.

The LLLL being referred to is grim dot com. It is reported on NameBio.

Brad

•••
I used to do what OP did with Stik. I was contacting people with dead sites and RIP pages (company closed). Got two domains this way, these 2 domains were my best performers. Fast sales as well.

Got one domain for $500, sold for $10K.

P.S. Glad to see a change on this forum with McJilton, too much crying and self-pitty on Namepros lately.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Thank you, for posting what I clearly did not want to. Let them do their own homework.
No problem. It is public information.

It's a great domain though. You don't see a LLLL.com word come up too often.
I would have expected it to sell for more.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
No problem. It is public information.

It's a great domain though. You don't see a LLLL.com word come up too often.
I would have expected it to sell for more.

Brad

Thanks 🙏 I decided to hold it for a while

•••
•••
•••
I used to do what OP did with Stik. I was contacting people with dead sites and RIP pages (company closed). Got two domains this way, these 2 domains were my best performers. Fast sales as well.

Got one domain for $500, sold for $10K.

P.S. Glad to see a change on this forum with McJilton, too much crying and self-pitty on Namepros lately.

I find that sales are like the old saying "happiness is a choice". People can chose to be happy or chose to be broken and miserable, I see the same with sales. You have to go out and make something out of nothing and the only way to do that is not giving up, pushing harder and repetition. In other words it's our own choice to believe in ourselves and the product we are pushing.

If people are not hyped up and out there trying to sell and not believing in what they are trying to sell, they stand less of a chance at success in my opinion. When I say hyped up, I mean in their own minds, not like a cheap infomercial with your calls to action.. For example, when I go to an end user with a domain I am confident in my mind that I have something that no one else can give them.

In other words, the pity parties and sad people are creating their own misfortunes, which leads me to my next secret (no pun intended) weapon which is the law of attraction. Think it into existence, if they are not creating thoughts that are positive and moving them in a positive direction they will hold themselves up in an indefinite loop of nonense instead of build. I kind of speak from personal experience. I was making six figure months as an affiliate starting age 24 (39 now). Had many ups and downs.

Last edited:
•••
Do you contact potential buyers and sellers by phone or email?

•••
Do you contact potential buyers and sellers by phone or email?

Yes, text messages, voicemails, social media, and physical mail. I will sometimes track down an executives family members as a last ditch effort even to get in touch

•••
I’m done replying to this thread and posting here due to someone trolling with downvote.

Enjoy your low quality members.

All with well wishes to me, thanks!

•••
I will sometimes track down an executives family members as a last ditch effort even to get in touch

If they don't buy your domain name, are you thinking of hiring a hitman and sniping their family members?

•••
Congrats on the sale and your domaining success.

•••
Can you provide live evidence that you sold those domains?
Everybody can go to Namebio and see big sales then create such topics with "i sold that and this" title.
Thanks for cooperation and bringing value to NP's community but only after you prove it.

Last edited:
•••
Once you can get past the embarrassing part of asking for something that most people feel, you will level up. If you ask enough times you eventually get a yes.

Sure, this is a good advice!

•••
Can you provide live evidence that you sold those domains?
Everybody can go to Namebio and see big sales then create such topics with "i sold that and this" title.
Thanks for cooperation and bringing value to NP's community but only after you prove it.

I will not state his name as STIK is an anonymous artist.

Attachments

• 3A0B0371-481D-4E51-982F-B40185CB36E9.png
    3A0B0371-481D-4E51-982F-B40185CB36E9.png
    682.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 97959C9F-048C-409F-B047-BD8BC7EE9E4D.jpeg
    97959C9F-048C-409F-B047-BD8BC7EE9E4D.jpeg
    523 KB · Views: 207
  • DB8B2D40-78AD-48E4-92C1-80ED79C07734.jpeg
    DB8B2D40-78AD-48E4-92C1-80ED79C07734.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 66087734-AB0A-41E3-B146-7185DEA446BB.jpeg
    66087734-AB0A-41E3-B146-7185DEA446BB.jpeg
    380.1 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
•••
I will not state his name as STIK is an anonymous artist.
Yes this is great proof, one of the most important part of domain transactions is Escrow, sadly they not serve users from my and some other countries, maybe this is one of the reasons why I not sold any domain, need to implement Escrow to make it work and have end user trust.
Thank you!

•••
•••
Yes this is great proof, one of the most important part of domain transactions is Escrow, sadly they not serve users from my and some other countries, maybe this is one of the reasons why I not sold any domain, need to implement Escrow to make it work and have end user trust.
Thank you!
You never sold a domain but you have 700 posts on this forum? I sold many domains and only once used Escrow, so I am sure this is not your main problem.

•••
You never sold a domain but you have 700 posts on this forum? I sold many domains and only once used Escrow, so I am sure this is not your main problem.
Because I use personal marketplace, I stay away from Dan, Afternic and Sedo, for personal website will need Escrow but it is not servicing my country, they told to create a bank in other supported countries.
You should agree that the end users will want some guarantee when they pay on some unknown website.
Also you seem to have more years into Domaining than me, I have only 3 years and my domains need to mature else this whole industry is a fairy tale, promoted by Registry and Registrars, because only they profit from our renewals.
P.s. don't mention hand regs, all domains were hand regs, not talking that they were free before 1995 year.

•••
Here to help, here to learn and here to teach.

Ask any questions you may have, thanks.
Please help me in selling domains I don't know where to go how to start kindly solve my problem thanks

•••
Please help me in selling domains I don't know where to go how to start kindly solve my problem thanks

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable."

•••
I have only 3 years and my domains need to mature else this whole industry is a fairy tale

Six months after starting the domain business, I made my first 6-figure sale. I'm not a fairy and this is not a tale.

For bank obstacle, you can open an account on wise.com and then transfer the money to your local bank account.

•••
Six months after starting the domain business, I made my first 6-figure sale. I'm not a fairy and this is not a tale.

For bank obstacle, you can open an account on wise.com and then transfer the money to your local bank account.
Your words are not backed by evidence, so if you want to impress me or others then backup what you say about 6fig sales.

•••
Wonderful! You're risk-taking capability has surely rewarded you.
Just one query, when you were paying for the instalments, did it ever cross your mind - "what if you get all low ball offers or how long would you keep the domain with you". I mean, did you have any insight for this?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back