Dynadot

discuss I sold stik.com for $75k ama

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

McJilton

Established Member
Impact
Here to help, here to learn and here to teach.

Ask any questions you may have, thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congratulations to you and the artist, win-win situation. Did you reach out to stick regarding the domain sale or was it the other way around? Thanks.

•••
No problem. It is public information.

It's a great domain though. You don't see a LLLL.com word come up too often.
I would have expected it to sell for more.

Brad

Thanks 🙏 I decided to hold it for a while

•••
Congrats on the sale and your domaining success.

•••
Once you can get past the embarrassing part of asking for something that most people feel, you will level up. If you ask enough times you eventually get a yes.

Sure, this is a good advice!

•••
I will not state his name as STIK is an anonymous artist.
Yes this is great proof, one of the most important part of domain transactions is Escrow, sadly they not serve users from my and some other countries, maybe this is one of the reasons why I not sold any domain, need to implement Escrow to make it work and have end user trust.
Thank you!

•••
Please help me in selling domains I don't know where to go how to start kindly solve my problem thanks

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable."

•••
Congrats on the sale.
Do you own other domain names/have a portfolio?

•••
•••
Do you contact potential buyers and sellers by phone or email?

•••
I’m done replying to this thread and posting here due to someone trolling with downvote.

Enjoy your low quality members.

All with well wishes to me, thanks!

•••
Six months after starting the domain business, I made my first 6-figure sale. I'm not a fairy and this is not a tale.

For bank obstacle, you can open an account on wise.com and then transfer the money to your local bank account.
Your words are not backed by evidence, so if you want to impress me or others then backup what you say about 6fig sales.

•••
Wonderful! You're risk-taking capability has surely rewarded you.
Just one query, when you were paying for the instalments, did it ever cross your mind - "what if you get all low ball offers or how long would you keep the domain with you". I mean, did you have any insight for this?

•••
Here to help, here to learn and here to teach.

Ask any questions you may have, thanks.
Congrats,
a good name and a good deal,

Thanks for sharing.

•••
Negative impact for trying to help? Interesting crowd.
right? now im -3. wt***>> ?? lol I just want to sell some excess domains, not feel like im in a middle school trying to do it.

•••
Negative impact for trying to help? Interesting crowd.

•••
Do you want to share what the premium LLLL.com is that you won tonight for 33k?

•••
•••
You never sold a domain but you have 700 posts on this forum? I sold many domains and only once used Escrow, so I am sure this is not your main problem.
Because I use personal marketplace, I stay away from Dan, Afternic and Sedo, for personal website will need Escrow but it is not servicing my country, they told to create a bank in other supported countries.
You should agree that the end users will want some guarantee when they pay on some unknown website.
Also you seem to have more years into Domaining than me, I have only 3 years and my domains need to mature else this whole industry is a fairy tale, promoted by Registry and Registrars, because only they profit from our renewals.
P.s. don't mention hand regs, all domains were hand regs, not talking that they were free before 1995 year.

•••
•••
How much did you buy / acquire the domain before selling it for 75k?

•••
•••
Congrats on the sale.
Do you own other domain names/have a portfolio?

Thanks not much, I won a big llll tonight at SnapNames, I have been out of domaining since 2010 minus September through now, sold all my LLL in 2010.

Since sept I’ve got 6 crappy LLL and some Nice LLLL, going to take time. The domain name game grew up. $$$$ I’m building my portfolio off of cash, no credit cards or bank loans.

Last edited:
•••
John John You’re welcome, yes the artist is a charitable man, .org is fitting

Last edited:
•••
•••
How did you sell it already if you just won the auction today at SnapNames?

Colleagues whom are serious investors

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back