IT.COM

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 970
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 392
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 359
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe this is the "Part 2" of the Adam Dicker debacle that we've been waiting for..............

Last edited:
•••
Shane = Fraudulent Scumbag.

Maybe he is jealous of Dicker?

Or he wanted a stand out image for his new branding venture. Well done Shane, your brand rocks of dishonesty, you worthless grunt.

•••
Shane = Fraudulent Scumbag.

Maybe he is jealous of Dicker?

Or he wanted a stand out image for his new branding venture. Well done Shane, your brand rocks of dishonesty, you worthless grunt.

His brand now displays a 404 page.

•••
•••
How fitting, lol
Let's leave Shane alone. No one really knows who's right and who's not. We don't have any official stuff yet -- just screenshots from one side and chat logs...

We don't have an official statement from West.xyz or whatever.

Anyway, if Shane didn't sign up for NamesCon2017 and if he truly did maliciously do the chargeback, and if his thing is showing 404 now...

...then I don't think anyone needs to put 2 + 2 together. He's obviously leaving domaining with a bang.

Of course, that's all conjecture -- Shane could be innocent. But tbh, I kinda lose hope in domaining if the most Pro domainers make is so small that ruining your whole domaining rep for not even $6k is worth. You'd think that at the Flippa brokerage / NP Pro level, 6k is not even a month's salary.

•••
Yes there is plenty of hard evidence. Read the thread. You think its conjecture because you read page 1 and then posted.

Besides NP pro badge is a joke. I would venture none of the real pros are sporting that badge.

•••
But tbh, I kinda lose hope in domaining if the most Pro domainers make is so small that ruining your whole domaining rep for not even $6k is worth. You'd think that at the Flippa brokerage / NP Pro level, 6k is not even a month's salary.

It's more about the character of the person you're dealing with and less about the actual type of business. Shane may be innocent (I haven't looked over all the data), but previous actions/comments from him, show him to be the type of individual that I wouldn't do business with, no matter how good my upside might be.

•••
Yes there is plenty of hard evidence. Read the thread.
(y)

I would venture none of the real pros are sporting that badge.
I would venture you haven't looked because many of them do have it. But I don't. :-/

Badge or not, it's not a holy grail that means they'll never commit fraud. Adam Dicker had all sorts of accolades before his downfall. Shane could be the same way.

•••
No offence Addison. But what the heck do you know?

Most pros are not active on Namepros and 99% of the people wearing the pro badge does not live up to the "stated requirements". Its just a boys club, like the investment groups. You vote in the people you want.

•••
I think this thread highlights why it is very risky to trade 4L .in domains. If you buy for the renewal fee you lose close to 10% of the value per month in a flat market by default. How this is supposed to be a good investment, not sure. Short-term trades where the value evaporates just from holding, IMO, more likely than not will lose you money. Getting the timing right and betting on future trends, very difficult to do right.

What if your domain is locked or the market drops temporarily? You will be stuck with a domain that is worth less with each passing day.

•••
No offence Addison. But what the heck do you know?

Most pros are not active on Namepros and 99% of the people wearing the pro badge does not live up to the "stated requirements". Its just a boys club, like the investment groups. You vote in the people you want.

I don't mean to be rude but you've been as pointy as DVP this whole time lol.

And I think the pro badge holds merit. Before this, Shane was a broker at flippa. He's also made many high powered deals. So yeah, he did deserve the pro badge.

•••
•••
I once saw Shane say "trust no one", he wasn't wrong.

As it happens, I was one of the people to donate to Shane's defense fund when Adam Dicker threatened to sue him. Think I donated $50.

Everybody got their money back when it wasn't required.

The OP however is owed 42 domains if Shane got 100% of his money back, then the OP needs 100% of his domains back.

Shane should do the right thing and return the domains or negotiate a pro-rata financial settlement for them. If he does we can consider this an unfortunate misunderstanding, if he doesn't then he has gone 360 and done an Adam Dicker, and that will be a sad day.

Last edited:
•••
Funny that you bring up trust. He also mentions it again in his apparent farewell message to the domaining world...

upload_2017-1-18_18-3-45.png

Is he talking about himself here?

Last edited:
•••
I'm sorry this happened to the seller, but I just want to point out something simple that may save someone else from this happening to them in the future.

If you are accepting PayPal payments from a buyer under the email address [email protected], then the joke is on you.

I'm not saying that it justifies the offenders behavior, but what I'm saying is, there is absolutely no legitimate reason for any buyer (or seller) to be using such an email address. That should have been a huge red flag.

Edit: Also, I think it proves the act was premeditated. In other words, the perpetrator didn't just decide on a whim 3 months after the fact to chargeback, but the fact they were operating under this email from the get, is a strong indicator it was planned.

Last edited:
•••
...there is absolutely no legitimate reason for any buyer (or seller) to be using such an email address. That should have been a huge red flag.

Edit: Also, I think it proves the act was premeditated. In other words, the perpetrator didn't just decide on a whim 3 months after the fact to chargeback, but the fact they were operating under this email from the get, is a strong indicator it was planned.

This.

Last edited:
•••
SB was always about clickbait threads.....
well he's the star of this one.

Peace,
Cyberian

Last edited:
•••
Let's leave Shane alone. No one really knows who's right and who's not. We don't have any official stuff yet -- just screenshots from one side and chat logs...

We don't have an official statement from West.xyz or whatever.

Anyway, if Shane didn't sign up for NamesCon2017 and if he truly did maliciously do the chargeback, and if his thing is showing 404 now...

...then I don't think anyone needs to put 2 + 2 together. He's obviously leaving domaining with a bang.

Of course, that's all conjecture -- Shane could be innocent. But tbh, I kinda lose hope in domaining if the most Pro domainers make is so small that ruining your whole domaining rep for not even $6k is worth. You'd think that at the Flippa brokerage / NP Pro level, 6k is not even a month's salary.
It is difficult to make money with domain names, despite spending a lot of time and money

•••
Waiting to hear both sides of the story but that's a huge amount to use Paypal with. I'd probably have used an escrow service (Escrow.com, Payoneer, Epik etc)
Godaddy, Afternic :)

•••
I'm pretty sure Jv1999 was being sarcastic in his "Leave SB alone" post.
Good one.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Not sure Godaddy would handle escrow on .in domains - they won't list them on their market because the .in registry forbids holding names just to sell them.

Verifying push or transfer for hundreds of names might not be economic for an escrow service - I guess it depends on the fee and procedures.

•••
Funny that you bring up trust. He also mentions it again in his apparent farewell message to the domaining world...

Show attachment 47709

Is he talking about himself here?

Or is he talking about 12no3 - the person who started this thread? Did he previously somehow get on the wrong side of Shane, and Shane went after him? Just a thought.

•••
•••

Very much possible

•••
Haven't seen it mentioned (although maybe I missed it) but Shane was conducting his .IN/.CO.IN business on NP under the name 'BuyPolar'. Here's one of his posts listing hundreds of CVCVs for sale in October:

Although the OP would have to clarify if ALL of the names listed here previously belonged to him, what I did notice is that there is a good handful of those 42 names that have yet to be recovered by the OP listed in there.

Post states the names were at West.xyz but no mention of them not being able to be transferred out (probably because, as others have testified, you can). Seems odd that he was happy to list them for sale if he had an issue with what he had been given.
Is NP investigating ?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back