Dynadot

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

NameSilo
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 980
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 393
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 354
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 359
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
How does someone with a pro badge here, buy 900 domains for 5k and not understand all the details involved before purchasing?

I'm still Baffled...
And then request a refund because they failed to understand beforehand, imo (from the info provided so far)

•••
I am not sure, but anytime I do a domain sale with anyone, I am under the impression, all sales are final, this is when I am the buyer.

This is not a coffee maker you are buying from walmart, I have always thought Paypal's process is not to give chargeback's on intangible good's?

Maybe we can all learn from this experience, the issue with these random letter domains is time value of money, everyday you inch a day closer to renewals, and once you get there, your costs double.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I have always thought Paypal's process is not to give chargeback's on intangible good's?

That changed on July 1, 2015

•••
Don't you think that "Shane" would of logged in by now and tried to clear his name on all of this so called Scam?
Don't you think he knows that this thread / blog is posted on here?
The big question is........
Will Shane show up to NameCon 2017.

•••
And then request a refund because they failed to understand beforehand, imo (from the info provided so far)

Don't you think the same applies to bids placed on auctions, and not paying causing problems for the seller and other bidders? ;)

•••
Don't you think that "Shane" would of logged in by now and tried to clear his name on all of this so called Scam?
Don't you think he knows that this thread / blog is posted on here?
The big question is........
Will Shane show up to NameCon 2017.

Maybe to play crap's with Dicker @ Circus Circus...lol

•••
But disputing a domain transaction after 3 months? That's a quarter of the yearly life of the domains, gone, that the OP will never get back. It's pretty shocking really.

•••
Don't you think the same applies to bids placed on auctions, and not paying causing problems for the seller and other bidders? ;)
Completely different. In the case here, the buyer paid for the domains. The auction example you just presented deals with lack of payment.

•••
Completely different. In the case here, the buyer paid for the domains. The auction example you just presented deals with lack of payment.

Yes, however, I was referring to the 'understanding' aspect mentioned in the post I quoted; an understanding that needs to held. :)

•••
From what we know so far without Shane's response, I think the seller lost more
1. money, for domains that were sold / not returned (they were not paid for)
2. time, some of the domains will expire next month that will cost $xxx if he decides to renew them
3. trust, doubt he will be doing such big deals using PP anytime soon

We do not know how much it has cost the seller, not in monetary value alone.
I think it is best for Shane to respond & defend himself / give an excuse / even contact OP privately to resolve the issue, that is if he hasn't done so already.

Last edited:
•••
How can a person respond here if their Namepros account is closed?

•••
He can use any means of communication to respond. For example, yesterday some members pasted his tweets here, so he can use twitter if he wants or whatsapp (contact .in group members), email OP, etc.

There are so many ways for him to contact and resolve this directly with OP.

Last edited:
•••
2 days before the Sept 28th transaction with the OP:

twitter26sept.png

4 days after:

twitter2oct.png

It does appears that the "client" he was referring to was actually himself.

Last edited:
•••
How can a person respond here if their Namepros account is closed?

Request to reopen old account or open a new account.

•••
•••
What is that?

I think he is saying $34 minus $25 Escrow = Not enough left

But a good point in this thread, PayPal can be dangerous for certain transactions.

•••
Haven't seen it mentioned (although maybe I missed it) but Shane was conducting his .IN/.CO.IN business on NP under the name 'BuyPolar'. Here's one of his posts listing hundreds of CVCVs for sale in October:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/cvcv-in-6-50-each-if-you-buy-them-all-dici-in.977728/#post-5785276

Although the OP would have to clarify if ALL of the names listed here previously belonged to him, what I did notice is that there is a good handful of those 42 names that have yet to be recovered by the OP listed in there.

Post states the names were at West.xyz but no mention of them not being able to be transferred out (probably because, as others have testified, you can). Seems odd that he was happy to list them for sale if he had an issue with what he had been given.

Hmmm, interesting for sure...

•••
This hasn't been mentioned, and maybe my logic is flawed, maybe it's spot on, you can tell me...

When you buy a domain, you buy time with that domain i.e. you get 1 year. Lets for arguments sake, say 850 domains costs $5000 for a year before renewals. Shane having the domains for 3 months, means he owes the OP 25% of $5000 at the very least. That's $1250 this OP is out of pocket based solely on time not spent with the domains.

•••
A newbie perspective

This is hollywood...

U can be famous through positive or negative channel . if its negative, it'll be faster

Shane shook the domaining world, lets see what happens in episode #2

•••
This hasn't been mentioned, and maybe my logic is flawed, maybe it's spot on, you can tell me...

When you buy a domain, you buy time with that domain i.e. you get 1 year. Lets for arguments sake, say 850 domains costs $5000 for a year before renewals. Shane having the domains for 3 months, means he owes the OP 25% of $5000 at the very least. That's $1250 this OP is out of pocket based solely on time not spent with the domains.

+ the PP fee's and the other 42 domains that were sold (that is still in question)

•••
That old saying " all publicity is good publicity" pretty much went out the window years ago. Shit storm anyone?

And in this case I seriously soubt SB did this to further his rep in the industry.

More like burning bridges.

•••
+ the PP fee's and the other 42 domains that were sold (that is still in question)
Fees get refunded with payment.

•••
Last edited:
•••
The account looks like it's open. You can still follow him or report him. He probably used a strike-through font for his user name and set his custom title to "account closed."

No it's closed. You can't use a strikethrough font or any font for that matter for your username. Your username's font is not customisable. If you have queries about the status of his account here, please confirm with a mod and they can assure you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back