Dynadot

I lost $5805usd through PayPal scam by Shane Bellone

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

12no3

VIP Member
Impact
Many of my friend suggested me to post this on namepros so others will less likely to be scamed by shane.

So on 2016-09-26 and 2016-09-27 he bought 374 cvcv.in names and 471 cvcv.in names all together 845 .in names together. (these are random cvcv.in)
together he paid me on paypal 5805 usd.

I pushed the domain to him, then everything is fine. the deal was made through whatsapp chat.
deal closed.
then I saw him selling them on .in markect group, flipped some for higher price.

until 27the decenmber when i log in to my paypal to make another purchase, i see paypal refunded 5805 back to him, then i look up my email, i saw paypal disput which i completed missed.
buyer claim reason: NOT AS DESCRIBED! (this is after he sold and transfer out some of those)

I did not know paypal had this 3 months rules where buyer can claim the money back, and becuase i do not log on paypal so often and get xxx amount of emails every days, so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal. but well lesson learned.

Some infomation of shane so other can avoid being scamed by him
http://this_username_was_banned.com/
http://www.domainsherpa.com/shane-bellone-itmagazine-interview/
http://tldinvestors.com/2016/05/shane-bellone-saying-goodbye-to-domaining.html
http://omarandwill.com/interview-with-the-expert-volume-2-featuring-shane-bellone/
https://www.facebook.com/app_scoped_user_id/10154332611129273
https://www.linkedin.com/in/this_username_was_banned

https://twitter.com/this_username_was_banned

good news is after I provided all the evidence to the registrar, the registrar moved the remaining (ones he did not sold or transfer out) to my account, so at least i got something back.

Becuareful when using paypal,and becuareful when you trade any domain that was processed by shane.

During the process of getting the unsold domains by shane, I had great help from .in whatsapp group, so special thx who provide information and also special thx to shiva , kemji, alexa and indy who tried to contact shane for me, but he went dark, not picking his cell phone, does not respond back on whatsapp nor linkedin.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    62.9 KB · Views: 925
  • 2.png
    2.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 391
  • 3.png
    3.png
    28.4 KB · Views: 351
  • 微信截图_20161228201831.png
    微信截图_20161228201831.png
    142.5 KB · Views: 358
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DomainVP, you seem to edit your posts quick?

So lesson learned by you? You are not going to make Shane's life worse anymore? :)

Last edited:
•••
Been asking for the same thing as everyone else, nothing has changed.

Prove that 42 domains were in fact sold maliciously and not returned to OP.

The end. Not much to ask for.

You would think the current owner would say "yes he sold them to me, I own them" But it seems that nobody can even produce that tiny piece of evidence.

This isn't about vindicating Shane or taking a side, it's about having the proof to back up claims.

So back it up... instead you yammer about 'crying'. Just prove it instead of making claims, it would wrap this all up with a nice bow. The problem is West.xyz, OP, and .IN group can't... and thats odd.

LOL you are indeed going to make Shane's life worse. What if that happens? :xf.grin:

•••
@promo

Another one who's read one of the old threads and made up his mind already..wouldn't wanna be in court with you as the judge

Kangaroo court its called I think ☺

I admit he looks very guilty by a lack of a response but people cant rip other people to shreds on a public forum without hearing him out first..everyone's an internet lawyer lol

Last edited:
•••
LOL you are indeed going to make Shane's life worse. What if that happens?

Again, if he's wrong than make him 100% wrong without question.

This isn't about just Shane, again this is about the level of proof people bring to the forum and then people just follow it without asking hard questions.

I wish I could remember the thread, but there was a 10+ page thread where an OP was bashing someone else, and everyone jumped on the band wagon. Then it turned out it was a mistake on the part of OP, and he quietly posted one or two lines on how he made a mistake - nobody cared to make a retraction.

Just tired of seeing people bring this stuff to light, have people bark at others, and then can't back it up, and then it turns out everything is not as it seems.

I'm personally done talking about this. I know one thing for sure; I would never get myself in this kind of situation as a buyer or a seller.

•••
Please @gilescoley . You know as little about me as you do about the matter at hand.

I had many encounters with SB and none of them was pleasant. Both through PM and through public discussion. What do you know about him or me? Or you just enjoy being contrary without any knowledge to back it up?

EDIT
NO he does not look guilty by lack of response. Thats irrelevant. He looks guilty by the many people coming forward with evidence to prove exactly what actions he took. So he looks guilty by evidence. You see that as irrelevant, but I think you are close to being the last one seeing it that way.

Last edited:
•••
@promo
I don't know anything about you and that's why I wouldn't do to you whats happening here

You had numerous bad encounters with him? Wouldn't you stay away after being burnt once?

Im done here..this is crazy stuff...unwatching this thread to keep my sanity

Good luck everyone

•••
•••
@promo
I don't know anything about you and that's why I wouldn't do to you whats happening here

You had numerous bad encounters with him? Wouldn't you stay away after being burnt once?

Im done here..this is crazy stuff...unwatching this thread to keep my sanity

Good luck everyone

Good idea, you are just digging your hole deeper. So better to bow away.

No I am not a yes sayer nor do I stick my head in the sand. Once I learned what type of person SB was, I did not shy away from confronting him. He tried to present himself as some sort of pseudo intellectual that had a better grasp on reality than the rest of us. I enjoyed picking him apart and showcasing his frayed ethics and lack of intelligence.

•••
Please @gilescoley . You know as little about me as you do about the matter at hand.

I had many encounters with SB and none of them was pleasant. Both through PM and through public discussion. What do you know about him or me? Or you just enjoy being contrary without any knowledge to back it up?

EDIT
NO he does not look guilty by lack of response. Thats irrelevant. He looks guilty by the many people coming forward with evidence to prove exactly what actions he took. So he looks guilty by evidence. You see that as irrelevant, but I think you are close to being the last one seeing it that way.

The term "arrogant prick" comes to mind. He seems to think he is all that IMO

•••
Although I am also an arrogant prick, I take it you are referring to SB in this case. I would agree, but afraid he is also much worse than that. A dishonest arrogant prick.

•••
so i missed the window that i could have argued with paypal

It wouldn't matter, PayPal almost always sides with the buyer.

•••
@promo

No hard feelings mate..we just gave different views on what is sufficient evidence/proof..that's all...hope it gets resolved..cant see that happening though..

I thought he was referring to me as the "arrogant prick:..I hope not..I try not to be anyway ☺

•••
I think it could be either 3 of us. I kinda like that in a post. Makes you think ;)

•••
However this plays out...It's so sad that there are people that still operate without an ounce of integrity or professionalism. You reputation is everything in business, especially with online transactions like this where you dont get to meet a lot of people you do business with..what happened to "a man is only as good as his word"? Karma is a bitch though.

•••
Can't belive people still use PayPal for transactions >$1000.

I have always used Escrow/com for all transactions,

Even small ones

I have always said I didn't mind paying more in fees if it meant I could have a safe and non-reversible transaction.

However, because of the recent change regarding Escrow/com asking for photos of ID's and other personal info, which I refuse to give, I was just about to do a transaction with PayPal.

My first domain transaction with them ever.

I have refused, for years, to ever use PayPal again after I encountered some serious problems with them before.

I don't know what I was thinking.

This thread just snapped me out of making a bad choice.

Now I am not going to use PayPal for this new transaction.

Even if it means a lost sale!!

•••
However this plays out...It's so sad that there are people that still operate without an ounce of integrity or professionalism. You reputation is everything in business, especially with online transactions like this where you dont get to meet a lot of people you do business with..what happened to "a man is only as good as his word"? Karma is a bitch though.

Forget business, I’d be more worried about my identity as a human-being being tarnished.

Type Shane’s name into Google now and see what comes up, that can’t be good seeing your face plastered everywhere along with ‘scammer’ ‘fraud’ along with other things. If he meets a woman or he decides to go different career path and potential employers Google his name or if he has children and his kids Google his name in or his children's friends/parents Google his name in, that can't be good for you.

Not that I’d ever get myself into a mess like this, but it’s one of the reasons I would never post my real name on a public forum and never post a picture of myself, it can only backfire if you upset someone.

•••
I have used Paypal for domain transactions since 2005. Never had a scam or chargeback against me (knock on wood). More than 2000 transactions total.

If you vet your buyers and only transact with individuals you trust, then is a nice medium to do quick deals through.

•••
If you vet your buyers and only transact with individuals you trust, then is a nice medium to do quick deals through.

I guess you have been very lucky so far.

How can you really vet someone fully?

I mean how can you really know what someone who you don't know will do.

Vetting only goes so far!

•••
So can I buy someones domains, use it, market it, try to sell it, then return it as defective?

If you buy the argument a domain can be Defective then the OP is wrong.

If a domain cannot be technically defective after it is sold, and accepted then the OP is right.

It is a yes, or no argument.

The buyer returned the domains via refund via PayPal dispute because they deemed them to be defective.

So as a seller of domains, if a buyer has technical issues with a domain, they are free to return them to you for full refund on the basis of being defective?

Last edited:
•••
Your question begs to become broader. How can you ever really know someone? But lets no go into philosophy.

You do the vetting you are able to.

Once you establish trust and did some background checking. You start of by doing a xxx$ transaction. Then if that goes well you can proceed to xxxx$. 5 figures and above I also use an Escrow service.

•••
Its happened before where people have accused people of doing shady things, the other person hasn't responded as they felt it didnt deserve a response and turned out the accuser was in the wrong.

I wish I could remember the thread, but there was a 10+ page thread where an OP was bashing someone else, and everyone jumped on the band wagon. Then it turned out it was a mistake on the part of OP, and he quietly posted one or two lines on how he made a mistake - nobody cared to make a retraction.

Just tired of seeing people bring this stuff to light, have people bark at others, and then can't back it up, and then it turns out everything is not as it seems.

I'm actually interested in these cases... if you are able to remember/find the threads I'd like to read them. If you feel like it shouldn't see the light of day again, please do PM them to me :)

•••
d9d3c2d26cdd289cabd1a97f78905073.jpg

...........Before I Read This Thread...............................After I Read This Thread

Last edited:
•••
This thread is wooooooo

This is not that hard or complex. We have Jiawei's side of story, and if Shane doesnt come out an clear this up, then thats the only side of the story we have ("default") right?

Shane should sure come out and defend his actions here. To state that a domain is "defective" so its not usable is manipulative and incorrect. You sell domains, you dont sell domain moving /transferring services.
Also, why he didnt see his emails from PP is besides the point, because the chargeback should not have happened.
are you asking why people do biz for over 1000 on PP? Get real, its called "trust". have you NEVER trusted when you shouldnt have? thats not the point IMO.Instead of asking why people do sizeable transctions via PP you should ask why people dont do their part in those sizable transactions like this one.

Time is not on Shane's side and the points against Jiawei here seem weak and obviously can be proven if need be. we do know a bulk deal for 900 or so names was done, it completed, AND 42 of those were sold to other persons. whats complex there? what names are they? well they are the same 900 or so traded initially.

•••
How does someone with a pro badge here, buy 900 domains for 5k and not understand all the details involved before purchasing?

I'm still Baffled...

•••
How does someone with a pro badge here, buy 900 domains for 5k and not understand all the details involved before purchasing?
2c6cb038_resized_the_fonz_meme_generator_heyyyyy.jpg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back