IT.COM

question I have received positive reply from my outbound inquiry

NameSilo
Watch

Coinking

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hello,
I have sent outbound email to 15 companies and after 20 min i received a reply from one company and he replied me:
"whats your price for this domain"?
And my reply was:
"price is only $1880"
After 10 hours he replied me:
"Okay thank you i will check this possibility with my partner."

Tell me he is looking serious?
His company using same name with hypnated with .net extension but i have .co.
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This round there may be no sale. It is a legitimate lead however. Hang on to it. See if the domain receives offers, traffic, etc. over time. Send them an email (if you don't hear back) reminding them that the domain is available and open to an offer. Nothing to lose but a sale to gain.

•••
I was in the same situation, did an outbound...there was interest. I threw out a price, the buyer replied with a substantialy lower figure. I countered. Then the same thing, he wanted to discuss with his partner.
Not sure what his partner said but he lost interest altogether.
My experience is that "discuss with his partner." means either "no, I can't afford it" or "I'm too cheap to spend that much money", but I don't want to admit it.

•••
You will have only 1 attempt to remind/ask him "what's happening". I would go for a "win" with it and normally 3 criteria help with that: urgency, "someone else is interested" and "it's too good a price to miss it". Send him an email and tell that you have a buyer that offered say $900 and that you need to sell it by say Sunday. Either he offers any amount above $900 and takes it or it goes to another party. To Be or Not To Be approach.

•••
I think if they wanted to buy the domain they would have by now. I agree with @bojan1 you are in a situation where you lose if you contact them and lose if you don't. I also think that as @korganian said they likely have little interest in buying it and are using the partner as an excuse. The way I handle something like this is - contact them again and be open and upfront with them.

I have this name that is helpful for someone in your industry. I want to sell it. You said you have interest. I respect that and wanted to give you the chance to have the right of refusal since you indicated interest. Let me know what your intentions are please because if you are not interested I want to go to your competitors ( I would include a couple actual names from your research here) and make them the same offer as I feel the domain would be a benefit to them and want to find a buyer that benefits from the domain. Please let me know what you think as I want to continue to try and sell this domain later this week, but want to give you the first chance since you indicated interest.
That creates urgency without desperation and also reminds them what the domain could do to help the competition.

A couple caveats. I don't know the domain but I am assuming you are selling a generic industry domain and not a specific company domain or a domain that only helps one party. If so I would not do this again for many reasons.
I would steer clear of buying a .co and spend time finding .coms for outbound it is much harder to outbound a non .com. That is a personal suggestion. Yes you can sell many tlds to end users every day. I am just saying .com is easier to sell in most cases. As @MapleDots points out a .co is a hard sell to someone who already has an existing domain name they built their business on.
Some suggestions provided above to me sound deceitful. I would never suggest being anything but completely honest in your interactions with anyone. You only have one reputation and you should value that more than all else. Once lost it is very hard to regain. Not saying you would do that just making a general point.

•••
Let pray and hope that his partner is not NP member.
Lol.This reply was just hilarious. I find that most of your posts tend to have a sense of humor that I like. Thanks for the laugh today.

•••
I remember seeing a tech startup using one and even hyping it and eventually they bought the .com and forwarded the .co to the .com.

But that's the whole point of .CO, to use it and then if your startup is successful enough to afford the .COM that you couldn't before, then it's Win-Win.

What you do NOT want to do it spend a lot of your seed money on an ultra-expensive .COM, as that's a certain recipe for failure.The .COM is not a magic bullet and your people, products and services will make you successful, not spending $100K on a single-word .COM and crossing your fingers.

Last edited:
•••
If he don't interested in my domain than why he replied me, "Okay thank you i will check this possibility with my partner."?

He was probably just being polite.

He also probably had some level of interest, just not $1880's worth.

Last edited:
•••
Yesterday i made another email but 20 hours passed but i have not received any response.
I think, they are not interested!

•••
•••
Hello,
I have sent outbound email to 15 companies and after 20 min i received a reply from one company and he replied me:
"whats your price for this domain"?
And my reply was:
"price is only $1880"
After 10 hours he replied me:
"Okay thank you i will check this possibility with my partner."

Tell me he is looking serious?
His company using same name with hypnated with .net extension but i have .co.
Thanks
This is wonderful! I think you just ignite an idea in the guys head which he has to confirm with his partner. So, base on his partner response to the ext .co if its "positive," I believe you would get the sale.

•••
This is wonderful! I think you just ignite an idea in the guys head which he has to confirm with his partner. So, base on his partner response to the ext .co if its "positive," I believe you would get the sale.
I have made another email 24 hours ago but they not reply..

•••
So conclusion: don't outbound the French endusers in 4F-range for Non-.fr/.com domains and be happy!

•••
So conclusion: don't outbound the French buyers in 4F-range for Non-.fr/.com domains and be happy!
I'm just waiting his offer than i will counter offer.

•••
Their offers are usually within 500 EUR... sometimes (if high motivation) up to 1K EUR... and very rarely above this level.

•••
Their offers are usually within 500 EUR... sometimes (if high motivation) up to 1K EUR... and very rarely above this level.
If they don't want my domain than it will be easy for them to say. " Not interested"

•••
They are not interested in your price.

•••
I have made another email 24 hours ago but they not reply..
You have to leave it alone don't rush it. By you rushing or putting pressure on them can turn them away. Once they're interested they will find you.

•••
You have to leave it alone don't rush it. By you rushing or putting pressure on them can turn them away. Once they're interested they will find you.
i think they deciding, we should acquire or not?

•••
Recently I have emailed some French crypto exchange regarding EMD for high 4F BIN - no any counter offer, no response at all.
French sales are always hard, they are never easy.

•••
Recently I have emailed some French crypto exchange regarding EMD for high 4F BIN - no any counter offer, no response at all.
French sales are always hard, they are never easy.
But they reply me within a hour.

•••
@Federer Can be helpful in this situation.

•••
•••
It's just one domain man, I would let it go and focus on selling some other domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back