Dynadot

question I have received positive reply from my outbound inquiry

NameSilo
Watch

Coinking

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hello,
I have sent outbound email to 15 companies and after 20 min i received a reply from one company and he replied me:
"whats your price for this domain"?
And my reply was:
"price is only $1880"
After 10 hours he replied me:
"Okay thank you i will check this possibility with my partner."

Tell me he is looking serious?
His company using same name with hypnated with .net extension but i have .co.
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
French endusers rarely spend above 1K EUR for Non-.fr/.com domains...
This is from my own experience and observation.
No one can't judge the taste of enduser, i'm waiting for his offer.

•••
I had situation where I had WORD1WORD2 dot com, and end user had BESTWORD1WORD2 dot com and I still didn't sell. I think in outbound there are many factors that determines the sale, beside the name factor.

•••
•••
I had situation where I had WORD1WORD2 dot com, and end user had BESTWORD1WORD2 dot com and I still didn't sell. I think in outbound there are many factors that determines the sale, beside the name factor.
This means that "BEST" is a part of their brand.

Last edited:
•••
If he's trying to sell the exact same name they have in .net, with the same hyphenation, in .co FORGET IT!

If he is trying to sell the exact same name, without the hyphenation, in .co , he may have a very slim chance but not for $1880. Forgettaboutit! (That's Italian this time, not German.)

Last edited:
•••
If he's trying to sell the exact same name they have in .net, with the same hyphenation, in .co FORGET IT!

If he is trying to sell the exact same name, without the hyphenation, in .co , he may have a very slim chance but not for $1880. Forgettaboutit!
I'm trying to sell same name without hyphenation but they have 3words With hyphenation and I have exact match two word.

Last edited:
•••
After 10 hours he replied me:
"Okay thank you i will check this possibility with my partner."

That is often a polite way of saying not interested. I doubt you will hear back from him honestly.

Brad

•••
I'm trying to sell same name without hyphenation but they have 3words With hyphenation and my exact match two word.

You have the exact same name, without hyphenation. Don't overthink it.

In general too, no one is going to pay much for a .co when he has the .net It's not really a step up to go from .net to .co more of a horizontal move.

Last edited:
•••
You have the exact same name, without hyphenation. Don't overthink it.

In general too, no one is going to pay a nickel for a .co when he has the .net Both are low end extensions.
You know! Kw-kw.co with hyphenation also developed site

•••
You know! Kw-kw.co with hyphenation also developed site
Nobody here can predict if your potential buyer will buy it or not. In my opinion you can make this sales happen - you just must offer it for the price the buyer is willing to pay. Ask him for his best offer and all speculation will end!

•••
Outside US - .net is not "low end" TLD.
Good .NETs can be easily sold for 4F...
And very valuable TLD in Germany... were even high $XX,XXX sales to companies like Spiegel.

•••
Lets not forget .co is for Columbia. Nothing wrong with its general use .TV (islands of Tuluva) was probably the first and best of how to market Country codes to the masses

Always makes me think it's great for the Narcotics market "directfrom.co" if I was in that market.

Anyway back to the original poster. Yes he dealt with your outbound email professionally, and of course he has an interest in his own web name (or variations of) Now he knows your asking price after you've responded. Well that's it for now - chances of it moving on at your asking price probably 20 to 1.
I'd love to make a sale every time I get asked a price, I doubt I'd visiting namepros, there'll be too much partying being done

•••
Colombians are using .com.co
.co is usually regged/puchased by foreigners.

•••
The domain must be NOT improperly priced from start - then the following negotiations will be quick and effective...
Better is to not price it at all - if you don't understand the buyer's budget at least approximately.

•••
Much ado about nothing, you don't need a crystal ball to know that this sale will not happen for $1880. or anywhere close. If people in this thread can't see that, then I don't know what more to say.

•••
The domain must be NOT improperly priced from start - then the following negotiations will be quick and effective...
Better is to not price it at all - if you don't understand the buyer's budget at least approximately.
*must NOT be

•••
I like that...if I may add...personally, I would research the potential buyer before sending a offer..

Much ado about nothing, you don't need a crystal ball to know that this sale will not happen for $1880. or anywhere close. If people in this thread can't see that, then I don't know what more to say.
No disrespect intended...I kinda hope for the best for anyone,(Karma..what goes around comes around)!
Maybe I am foolish..maybe I am not!

•••
try to get some extra dialogue going. Ask questions, and be interested in their business. If you can keep him/her talking to you via quick emails it gives you a better chance at a sale.

•••
For this amount even 1word .co is hard to sell... except something ultra.
And overall, I had many negotiations with French buyers... they are always long... and almost always in 3F range.

•••
Much ado about nothing, you don't need a crystal ball to know that this sale will not happen for $1880. or anywhere close.

hRTrK6x.jpg

If you don't wanna accept that I don't know what else I can do for you.

Last edited:
•••
Patience, you have planted a seed wait for it to grow, If they have the need they will surely revert back.

•••
Keep patience pls. Recently I have sold 2 domains at 3,300 USD and 3,850 USD via outbound.

•••
try to get some extra dialogue going. Ask questions, and be interested in their business. If you can keep him/her talking to you via quick [short] emails it gives you a better chance at a sale.
That's your best advice.
Don't hassle him after just 2 days.
But do look up his company, understand it, and see there are things you can ask him quick questions about.
I doubt by the way you'll get $1880 for it; tbh and without knowing the specifics its more likely a 500 to 900 number. IMO

•••
If the name has only one 'obvious' end user, and it's not .com you are at a disadvantage.

•••
I was in the same situation, did an outbound...there was interest. I threw out a price, the buyer replied with a substantialy lower figure. I countered. Then the same thing, he wanted to discuss with his partner.
Not sure what his partner said but he lost interest altogether.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back