Domain Empire

advice Need Your Advice on Outbound.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mani0307

Account Suspended (Warnings)
Impact
I'm not expert in outbound and my negotiation power is very average, recently i doing outbound one of my domain start with "eazy"+word.com and i have sent 15 emails which one i received a reply from a person "what are you asking?" my reply $900 than no response after three days yesterday i again email " Are you interested in this domain tell me or i contact to other companies?" still no response today i found that person in linkedin and he is a President of the company" and i sent message on linkedin 1 hour later but still not response.
their domain name keyword same with mine but difference is my start with "eazy" and their start with "easy".
Please advice me i do more emails or just wait, i don't know he interested or not but he is not replying my message.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you using anything to track your emails to see if they have been opening them? This comes in handy when using email as a marketing tool.

-Omar

•••
Are you using anything to track your emails to see if they have been opening them? This comes in handy when using email as a marketing tool.

-Omar
no i'm not using any tracking tool but firstly he reply my email but not give my second and third email reply but today i contact him on linkedin he seen my message still no reply.

•••
After years of outbound, these are some tips I can give you based on my experience. Here are some mistakes I made when I started domaining and that prevented me from selling. When I corrected them, I saw a substantial increase in sales:

Mistakes
1. Not including the price on the first message.
2. Thinking that any name I was selling was worth more than it really was.
3. Sounding a little desperate.

Now, if the name is worth over $1000, I might not include the price on the first message.

I am not sure what the name you are selling is and would be able to give you better advice if you PM me the name. However, there are a few things I could recommend based on what you disclosed so far.

Watch your grammar. Some people may not see it as an important factor, but it is actually crucial and the better it is, the more professional you sound or look.

Instead of telling them to say if they are interested or that you would contact other companies, send them a more friendly message, such as, "If price is a concern, we are willing to be flexible".

Last edited:
•••
their domain name keyword same with mine but difference is my start with "eazy" and their start with "easy".
Are you saying you are trying to sell them a misspelling of their own name ?

I think you are a little bit pushy. Besides you already wrote them you intend to move on to the next target if they don't reply.

•••
in my experience, when they don't reply back, then it means they're either mulling over the price, or not interested.

to find out, you have to actualy call them on the phone to get a clear "no" or a clear "i'm thinking about it."

•••
no i'm not using any tracking tool but firstly he reply my email but not give my second and third email reply but today i contact him on linkedin he seen my message still no reply.

Yeah I understand. But I still think if your using email you should look into some type of email open tracker to see who opens your emails and when. This can help you with testing subject titles as well.

Goodluck!

-Omar

•••
Are you interested in this domain tell me or i contact to other companies?
You seem to have blocked yourself from further conversation. Don't do this. Always keep yourself in a flexible position.

•••
Three communications - in a few days is too fast a follow-up, leave it now'

you could send a link to a sales platform or your own lander, that maybe helpful if you leave the listing as open to offers. I wouldn't be trying any other angle.

This particular (possible) buyer, is just interested, he's certainly not driven to purchase a misspelling

* I hope you done your Trademark checks - this 'interested' party could be just looking at what your trying to gain at their expense and any necessary counter actions

Last edited:
•••
After years of outbound, these are some tips I can give you based on my experience. Here are some mistakes I made when I started domaining and that prevented me from selling. When I corrected them, I saw a substantial increase in sales:

Mistakes
1. Not including the price on the first message.
2. Thinking that any name I was selling was worth more than it really was.
3. Sounding a little desperate.

Now, if the name is worth over $1000, I might not include the price on the first message.

I am not sure what the name you are selling is and would be able to give you better advice if you PM me the name. However, there are a few things I could recommend based on what you disclosed so far.

Watch your grammar. Some people may not see it as an important factor, but it is actually crucial and the better it is, the more professional you sound or look.

Instead of telling them to say if they are interested or that you would contact other companies, send them a more friendly message, such as, "If price is a concern, we are willing to be flexible".

Also I include now in first email that the domain can be purchased directly at GoDaddy.

•••
Three communications - in a few days is too fast a follow-up, leave it now'

you could send a link to a sales platform or your own lander, that maybe helpful if you leave the listing as open to offers. I wouldn't be trying any other angle.

This particular (possible) buyer, is just interested, he's certainly not driven to purchase a misspelling

* I hope you done your Trademark checks - this 'interested' party could be just looking at what your trying to gain at their expense and any necessary counter actions
He is not reply my message at linkedin but he seen my message.
If he not interested than atleast he can say "No" But he firstly ask me "what are you asking?"
Than still no response.
I'm just asking he look like interested or not?

•••
I've given my advice above...Your not going to be very successful in domains if you continue in a pushy manner...

I do understand your impatience but, it wont get you anywhere in this game.

Would you be happier if I said - "No he's definitely not interested"

•••
replying to them over and over and then going to LinkedIn to contact them is an act of desperation and ruins your credibility. Unfortunately id say you lost this buyer. Id leave it where it is, maybe they will contact you back but unlikely.

The standard process I use is:

Reach out to buyer "initial email"
- make sure you quote a price. Most business owners have no idea what a domain is worth. At least if you quote a price they can discuss it with colleagues or make a decision right then and there.

Follow up email after 7 days if no response.
- Usually the follow up email will get a response. They have had time to think about your price or discuss it.

Last edited:
•••
tbh, after they express interest, a good strategy is to follow up once weekly. If they still don't respond, follow up twice monthly.

My one GEO sail sold because i continuously followed up in this way. It turns out the owner was just busy...

i heard that zandi actually follows up once weekly until a sail happens. Or until the buyer says no. Either way, he keeps up an auto-follow up.

•••
My thoughts asking too much for a typo..personally I would ask 2X registration (for a fast sale)

Also a personal thanks to the members that shared their tip and experiences!

•••
If he not interested than atleast he can say "No" But he firstly ask me "what are you asking?"
Than still no response.
I'm just asking he look like interested or not?
I have not seen your opening E-mail, but I am now wondering if he even understood you were trying to sell him a domain. Because he wrote "what are you asking?" and not: "How much are you asking".

Last edited:
•••
Nice outbound tips here especially the follow up part , will do that often

•••
I have not seen your opening E-mail, but I am now wondering if he even understood you were trying to sell him a domain. Because he wrote "what are you asking?" and not: "How much are you asking".
My opening email: "Hi (Ceo Name),
My name is xxx and i'm a owner of eazy+word.com domain and selling this domain to xxx companies are you acquiring this domain name?"
But finally he replied me:
" I'll take this Domain to my business partners and get back with you.

Cheers,
Xxx"

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back