Domain Empire

discuss I have lost interest in domaining. What about you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Reallybigidea.com

THIS DOMAIN SOLD. Username is not valid.Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I am not feeling ok without sales, my average sales in April total around mid xxx, meantime I spent much more on domain registrations because the domain addiction.

Currently listed around 100 dotcoms with bin $10 but they are are not selling.. . Is it only for me or not?

Please respond only real domainers with portfolios, do not respond affiliated registrar users and marketplace promoters (i do not belive in your reported cctld, new gtld sales for $xx,xxx...). I know what is marketing and understand your sales tactics.

#domainaddiction #domainbusiness

#domaininvesting is not really #investing because you can't liquidate your domains for reg-fee.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Some domains like as ApartForSale.com has no aftermarket value but this name brings me around 40k visitors for the last 5-6 months
Show attachment 189097
Tip - see detailed traffic from Google Analytics and if majority of those visits are not from bots, then you can make at least few bucks from domain parking. I would advise to look into it for your domains with good traffic.

You will at least get some money you invested back.

•••
Hey Buddy , I just watched your portfolio and Tbh The quality is lacking so yeah , I suggest by now looking at your portfolio collection you must have fair idea of what domain to avoid and purchase. Just observe daily domain sales of all marketplaces and keywords.It's Like Any Other Real Business Which Requires Hardwork, Dedication ,Effort, Patience and so many factors
You Can't Expect to Get Good output By acquiring Pigeon Shit Domains.

For Now Read, Read, Read Before Buy, Buy ,Buy
TIP- Read all blogs of the domain King -https://www.ricksblog.com/

Anyway-Don;t Lose Hope, All will be well sooner or later.
Good luck Buddy

•••
I'll always be interested in domaining - I'm a logophile at heart :)

As the funny money fiat currencies crash - best to be holding some ultra premium .coms than some of the imaginary numbers called dollars that get printed ad infinitum IMHO
Why don’t you just buy his whole portfolio at 10 each ? I’m sure he must have some domains beyond that value

Last edited:
•••
idk about the rest, but you should hold hee-haw.com and wachito.com til you get an enduser. ty. good luck.

•••
Please tell me whould u paid for urStore.com $40k or grab urBuys.com for reg-fee? Does seller name matter? Mike with powerful domainmarket.com brand name vs unknown domainer on blogspot platform with ReallyBigIdea.com brand name?

urStore.com vs urBuys.com

urBuys.com - crap or not? to renew or to drop? If its crap does it means that urStore.com crap as well or it is a valuable name?

Thank you

Store is way better than buys-no comparison imo. Ur is undesirable to most end users, only made acceptable because its 7 letters total and replaces a much better but more expensive name like YourStore or MyStore for example. Nine times out of ten they will want accurate spellings and good English as it reflects on their brand.

Also, don’t compare yourself to Mike Mann. He is not a typical domain investor or typical seller.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

I am not feeling ok without sales, my average sales in April total around mid xxx, meantime I spent much more on domain registrations because the domain addiction.

Currently listed around 100 dotcoms with bin $10 but they are are not selling.. . Is it only for me or not?

Please respond only real domainers with portfolios, do not respond affiliated registrar users and marketplace promoters (i do not belive in your reported cctld, new gtld sales for $xx,xxx...). I know what is marketing and understand your sales tactics.

#domaininvesting is not really #investing because you can't liquidate your domains for reg-fee.

You must be grateful that you can generate sales

There are still many domainers who are passionate about domaining without sales and losses

•••
Then it's not for you, you need patience and grit. Besides being good at branding or naming.
Couldn't agree more.

•••
I recently sold my newly hand reg S/P/A/only in king for $60 lol but later i regretted ... On the next day I got email from a big whale (from spa industry) he wanted the domain but i already sold it. Big whale contacted me via my website email because new owner did not deleted url forwarding to my ReallyBigIdea.com website and big whale though that I am an owner.

So guys DO NOT SELL YOUR GREAT DOMAINS TOO CHEAP!

I don’t sell my good domains cheap. But that supposed BigWhale has some crappy taste as its not a very good name. Did the buyer sell it?

Much more likely it was the buyer pulling the world famous scam of pretending to be an interested buyer so that you beg him to buy it back for way more. No coincidence imo.

Last edited:
•••
One more thing.
Check with your wife or your girlfriend before making a decision.
They know everything - more than Google...

I think if some of us did that, we wouldn't be able to buy any haha. When they ask, how much did it cost? I respond with a different answer, "I just need to renew for around 10 bucks a year."

•••
Everyone wants domaining to be like investing in Bitcoin. Lol

90% of those into Bitcoin or crypto are losing money. It's also probably the same with domaining.

•••
•••
Buyers are weird, they see a low price and they may move away from a domain name thinking if it is available at a certain price then why hasn't anyone else got it. Maybe it is not a good name therfore. Domain investors are even weirder, they won't pay that money to you for the same reason, but will easily hand it over to Dropcatch, Godaddy, Namjet etc when it expires. Then they will also complain about HugeDomains and unknown proxy bidders :D.

VERY TRUE !

Last edited:
•••
before the reg or catch I make a deep research: similar domain sales on Namebio GoValue, how many taken in other gtlds, how many potential end users, CPC monthly searches...Sometimes I grab the name because it's really cool and such names are sells better..

To be more clear - the purpose (how much attention <> engage-able)

To demonstrate:

One of my employees spotted an empty cyberspace in .com and reg.: Micro Self Care and Dual Escrow. Nothing big or maybe?
Not reg. in any other extension,
no potential end-users,
CPC is +,
... but both domains can be a great way to hook the attention of the target audience - in Health & Crypto/FinTech sector.

The value
Once I own that particular cyberspace (2x $7) and before I start to think about anything related to sales, I have to dig deeper and learn more about the niche / sector, business culture, cashflow, etc - 5W - what, why, where, when, who.

& I have to be ready to give up anytime and without getting my 2x $7 back.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hi,

You are asking a group of domain investors here whether domain investing is a good thing .. you can go as well to your hairdresser and ask him whether you need a haircut .. do not be surprised if you hear the answer "yes" in both cases :)

Most people are losing money in domain investing. Most of them will also give you perfect advice regarding domain strategies. It can take years of experimentation to form your own opinion. I think that one has to be a) very talented, b) work very hard and c) usually be also very early to have good results. So check if you have all 3 skills. If you have only 2, or only 1, or 0, you will be constantly losing money on domaining. It can take 3-5 years to finally wake up to reality, as other people will be telling you "do not give up".

Finally, you mentioned people who got rich in crypto - in my opinion, if you have some tech skills and the ability to learn quickly, learn blockchain/crypto ASAP. It can make you seriously rich, it has 100x the potential of domaining in my opinion at the moment, particularly for new people like you.

If you have doubts, read about new phenomena which many people now experience: Sudden Wealth Syndrom, I include link here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sudden_wealth_syndrome

Note what the main causes of this syndrome are. Domaining is not among them, but cryptocurrencies are - it is no coincidence :)

•••
Hi,

it takes years of hard work to get hang of it.

•••
idk about the rest, but you should hold hee-haw.com and wachito.com til you get an enduser. ty. good luck.
Thank you very much. I am appreciate opinions regarding which domains are good.👍👍👍

I understanding that some domains like as 7-7-7-7-7-7-7.com has no value it was impulsive reg/catch because was owned for several yrs by Chinese.

Some domains like as ApartForSale.com has no aftermarket value but this name brings me around 40k visitors for the last 5-6 months
Screenshot_20210429-225548.png

I was really surprised that some crap names like (Youresponse.com) brings a lot of traffic.
Stats/visits for the last 7 days
Screenshot_20210429-225325.png

Most regs was impulsive purchases because previous owners renewed them for 10 or 20 yrs. I think HugeDomains has a similar strategy..

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I recently sold my newly hand reg S/P/A/only in king for $60 lol but later i regretted ... On the next day I got email from a big whale (from spa industry) he wanted the domain but i already sold it. Big whale contacted me via my website email because new owner did not deleted url forwarding to my ReallyBigIdea.com website and big whale though that I am an owner.

So guys DO NOT SELL YOUR GREAT DOMAINS TOO CHEAP!

•••
Why is this thread still going, this is the worst title to the most ridiculous thread. Further, all this doom and gloom might be tanking the market.

The OP (who seems like a nice guy, maybe a little depressive tho) wonders why he can't sell any domains @ $10, well here's a hint: I go to his website, I find one I want to buy for $10, there is no link to purchase and the site says I have to purchase through afternic since the domain is at namecheap and according to him there is no marketplace there (which there is). So basically he wonders why he can't sell $10 domains when there is absolutely no way to buy them even if you were interested in them because he hasn't figured out how to list them on epik, sedo, namecheap marketplace, etc.

I'd be disinterested in domaining too if I failed to list any of my domains on any of the marketplaces and therefore got no bites.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
@MOMD I like it here and wherever else there are smart people.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back