IT.COM

discuss I have lost interest in domaining. What about you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Reallybigidea.com

THIS DOMAIN SOLD. Username is not valid.Top Member
Impact
Hi,

I am not feeling ok without sales, my average sales in April total around mid xxx, meantime I spent much more on domain registrations because the domain addiction.

Currently listed around 100 dotcoms with bin $10 but they are are not selling.. . Is it only for me or not?

Please respond only real domainers with portfolios, do not respond affiliated registrar users and marketplace promoters (i do not belive in your reported cctld, new gtld sales for $xx,xxx...). I know what is marketing and understand your sales tactics.

#domainaddiction #domainbusiness

#domaininvesting is not really #investing because you can't liquidate your domains for reg-fee.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Whatever research you are doing before buying, you've got it wrong and need to go to the drawing board again.

1. Focus on English words mostly. Russian words won't sell nearly as good (Same for French, Spanish etc.)

2. Too many hyphenated names.

3. Too many names with 2+ misspells. My rule is 1 misspell max. Like Cecond.com, Pointgard.com Tuth.com Judj.com etc. And only on a valuable positive word

In short, 90%+ of your names should be all of these: English, no hyphens, no misspells, dotcoms.

•••
You have been here 4 months. People have waited years for good sales. I have to agree the caliber of your names is lacking. Not quite brandables, too many multiple misspellings, stop with the dashes, no emd’s, slow down and reflect on what is a good name and why and what is selling.

Even if your hand regs were good they would usually take years to sell. You need patience and better names. Hone in on a niche you have alot of knowledge in and start again.Slowly.

•••
Also I would advise not to register any new domains for next 3 months minimum. Study, listen to podcasts and then carefully analyze before buying. Watch Domain Sherpa series with Michael Cyger & his guests and listen to Kickstart Commerce by Alvin Brown. Then act according to the tips they provide. Also it's free to watch.

Good luck :)

•••
The safest form of investment in domaining is to find and pick names that already have existing end users and the name would be an upgrade for them.

If you're buying names that have no existing end user then you could be waiting years for it to sell, or it may never sell.

If you're starting out then try to focus on domains whereby there are already existing end users using weaker variations, or the same sld in an inferior tld.

Picking the other type of domain (where no existing clear end users) is a real challenge, and can take years to learn how to pick them.

Last edited:
•••
Multiple personality account, you figure? As for join dates, really irrelevant.
You only been here 6 months, i am 25x that, so when you get stars under your username then you can trash talk join the pro forum dates. Did you fire your partner? And i thought you were going to close this popcorn thread awhile ago. You dont seem to have lost interest in domaining.
@Charybdis
1) DID YOU READ THIS POST? https://www.namepros.com/posts/8275259/

2) u joined to Community two weeks ago and already a guru??

3) everyone understands that you advertise your atler.com!!! and you placed it one the 1st place comparing with Brandbucket and Squadhelp? lol

4) i have researched your account and found that you linked with member who tried to get my domain for damn cheap i think your namepros account is a clone.

5) I will to ignore/and send back to you any of your negative posts.

•••
Same as equity investing in a startup

Except 95% of startups fail, leaving equity investors with $0.

QUALITY domain names retain their value long after the startup has failed and the so-called "serial entrepreneurs" move on to their next attempt to sell their startup equity to wealthy individuals for cash.

Last edited:
•••
I was referring to his misconception about liquidity

Domains are arguably more liquid than startup equity – DNWE.com gets 'er done pretty well!

•••
Domains are arguably more liquid than startup equity – DNWE.com gets 'er done pretty well!
My point.

Meant to say 'investing' though. Corrected that in my post above yours

•••
can you send me a list of all your domains ?

•••
And you really need to change your landingpages, mate.
Use some of the game leaders. DAN, Afternic, uniregistry, Epik ....

This website you are using is not that much professional designed / coded.

•••
I honestly feel as though you picked bad domain names. You should go through your list and write a small description of what the each domain should be used for, and market it as such.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

I am not feeling ok without sales, my average sales in April total around mid xxx, meantime I spent much more on domain registrations because the domain addiction.

Currently listed around 100 dotcoms with bin $10 but they are are not selling.. . Is it only for me or not?

Please respond only real domainers with portfolios, do not respond affiliated registrar users and marketplace promoters (i do not belive in your reported cctld, new gtld sales for $xx,xxx...). I know what is marketing and understand your sales tactics.

#domainaddiction #domainbusiness

#domaininvesting is not really #investing because you can't liquidate your domains for reg-fee.

hey don't try to register domains in order to sell them for 10$

try to sell them for 1488 $
or 2500 $

and don't register domains
that wouldn't sell for that

•••
In FB search Entrepreneurs forums and join groups with max members from your target country, post general but good stuff for few days, and then post these names: (don't post on domineers FB forums).
Don't post as an Ad, post that you own these names and wish to liquidate to some talented people over there.
BlissIncome dot com (Wellness industry is blooming due to the pandemic)
Goldies dot org (Superb quotes sites development)
RainOfMoney dot com (Suitable for online income blog)
Don't quote price there, don't sell over there, mention only your email-id, just put lander on DAN and price it mid xxx, I had some luck this way(got email offers for 233/399 etc). This is no guarantee, just an opinion pls. If you sell this way, rinse and repeat, try this before quitting, let me know too.

•••
let me tell you why your names are not selling. BUNCH OF MISSPELLED NAMES.......
check your domain names first. i do not needs your opinion!
IMG_20210515_174737.png

•••
•••
i right now the market is somewhat dead even on namepros LLLL.com auctions are taking hours to get few bids that should
I think NamePros is a real Industry indicator. I have monitored some domain auctions - low activity low interest rate. That's one of the reasons why I created the thread.
2 questions to ask yourself before registering / acquiring domains: Does this domain have a purpose for > audience, consumers ... and can I really afford it to refuse to sell?
Regards
before the reg or catch I make a deep research: similar domain sales on Namebio GoValue, how many taken in other gtlds, how many potential end users, CPC monthly searches...Sometimes I grab the name because it's really cool and such names are sells better..
can you send me a list of all your domains ?
My current list: https://www.reallybigidea.com/2021/03/BusinessNames.html

•••
I'm also without sales in April...
Were only 2 US inquiries (NYC and California, mid $xxx budget each) and that's all.
Thank you for your sales info👍

•••
It's not investing because you can't hand-register undesirable names for $8 and sell them for $10?

It sounds like you're gambling, so I think you are correct that what you are doing is not investing.

Last edited:
•••
I think you tried to hack some domain names with hyphens and miss spells too much.

Also let your next domain venture rely on a tangible/solid business fields, that way you're more likely to interest a buyer without trying too hard.

•••
Hello @ReallyBigIdea.com (y)

I don't want you to stop at this time in the game. You've just started and learned a lot, including what's not selling. And you shared it with the community. My advice is that you go through your current list of domains, and on a per domain basis think hard about what would be a better quality name, then eventually register the better name. Think as an end-user starting a business with that name. You have to be proud of your names. Lots of good advice by others in this thread as well.

One last question maybe. Do you (still) like domaining? Are you (still) passionate about it?

Wishing you all the best.

•••
Then it's not for you, you need patience and grit. Besides being good at branding or naming.

•••
did i just see 40k in views ? or am i hallucinating ? PARK THAT DOMAIN NOW STOP WASTING TRAFFIC

•••
That is the problem I have no wife neither gf :(

Get one. They are on sale at several registrars at $7.95 each for life. You don’t need to renew and they don’t accept return.

I believe that some registrars offer a 'domain tasting' service.

You may be able to return her within a set time if you change your mind.

Last edited:
•••
Select a niche, read, research & study prior to registering.

Cheers
Corey

•••
I personally can't call myself a domainer, but can definitely call myself a businessman. And in my humble way I go about things, I don't buy anything that I wouldn't want to use for my own business or businesses. I focus on the industries and niches that I'm familiar with and enjoy. I find myself buying domain name (1), but later I find domain name (2) which is better. I may make the choice to use domain name (2), then consider selling domain name (1) if I don't love it enough.

If I ever pay a lot for a domain name, it's because I would be the end user for it, and the profit from my business can more than cover the expense.

I've found that in my way of going about things, since i am already involved in a specific industry or niche, I am usually great at spotting great names. On one occasion, I've found that my bidding competition was another business in an industry that i know, and since they are well capitalized and in no way could I compete with them. My intuition is sometimes confirmed by the heavy competition at auctions for names that I've spotted, or even getting unsolicited offers.

I know my take is from an end user for point of view, but I think everyone who is in this business should take that perspective. If a domain name ain't worth using, it probably ain't worth buying.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back