IT.COM

I don't understand this email from GoDaddy

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I got an email today from Godaddy stating that they tried to deposit funds into my paypal account but they couldn't do so.

The first thing that came to my mind was I have probably sold a domain name but then, I hadn't received a 'sold' domain notification prior to this. I also checked my Godaddy and Afternic listings to find out what I had sold but found nothing.

How is it possible that they are trying to deposit funds into my paypal when a domain name hasn't been sold?

@Joe Styler please, I need your contributions here. Thanks.

funds.png

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
weird
if no sale this could be some periodic check if paypal works
maybe 4 some countries

any idea why it failed?

•••
Weird. I got one of those from Google recently.

•••
weird
if no sale this could be some periodic check if paypal works
maybe 4 some countries

any idea why it failed?

Oh, i guess it is.

•••
What email address did you received this from?

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••

That's not from godaddy.... I am not 100% sure but I am sure someone can confirm.... Looks like someone has sent as email and made it look like Donotreply @Godaddy.com ..... Because of the Mailed-by Bounces.em.godaddy.com I have never seen that before.

I'm gonna do some research quick .... give me 10 mins or so

•••
•••
•••
•••
Check out the header of the email. It should contain the real source of the email.

You can fake the address it's sent from but the header will still contain real sender info.

•••
It is possible that it is a fake email. You can see that if you hit reply or if you look at the email header. It will show the real from address. It is unlikely that we are paying you out for something if you didnt sell anything, but you may have earned parking revenue. I would also think that if you have been paid before by us to that account and have not updated anything recently then it seems also like a fake email.

•••
bounces.em.godaddy.com is a subdomain of GoDaddy.com, but I would call godaddy to check if its a real email, hover over the links if there are any and see where they lead to (without clicking on them), if they're not GODaddy.com its probably fake.

•••
It is possible that it is a fake email. You can see that if you hit reply or if you look at the email header. It will show the real from address. It is unlikely that we are paying you out for something if you didnt sell anything, but you may have earned parking revenue. I would also think that if you have been paid before by us to that account and have not updated anything recently then it seems also like a fake email.
I hit the reply and see what i found
gofund.JPG

•••
•••
Right without the headers we can't tell. The reply isn't enough to know. I would not click any links. I think you can also login to whatever account we pay you at and see if you got a deposit. I wouldn't click anything in the email because without the headers I can't tell who sent it.

•••
I have never received that type of error

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back