Dynadot

Another Day...Another GoDaddy Issue

NameSilo
Watch

larryscott2559

Restricted (Market)
Impact
Bought a domain name from Afternic. Received an email from Godaddy telling me to confirm the pending domain in my Godaddy account and when I logged into my account the page was blank, nothing pending. Called Godaddy the next day they didn't know what was going on and told me to wait. Now Afternic is assuming im just not confirming the domain so I had to write them (again...because they decided to not respond to my first email discovering the screw up) after they just sent me an email.

This is, by the way, less than 3 months from my other major issue where I sold a domain name through Godaddy broker and I had to continuously fight because one of the incompetent staff sent my money to another credit card.

Great company.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you see any link titled "Accept account change"?

•••
Did you see any link titled "Accept account change"?

I did, I clicked on the link to log into my Godaddy account. Once I logged in, it was empty. No domains were actively pending. I even called them to check it out and they couldn't figure it out and told me to wait. Guess I'll call them tomorrow again.

•••
•••
What browser are you using? Do you have any extensions installed? Which ones?

•••
I did not contact Joe Styler...I usually contact him as a last resort, he helped me out last time and I don't want to drag him in this one too. I have Google Chrome 2 extensions that's enabled. I just bought a domain from Afternic Last month too and the process was simple. Click the link in the email and accept the changes.

Just got off the phone today and the staff mention something about entering codes to change account.

•••
Try logging in to your godaddy page in incognito mode and then visit the transfer center -> incoming transfers (or account changes, I don't recollect the exact title of the page). See if that loads.

GD support has given you incorrect information (Assuming you're receiving the domain through a push and not a transfer)

•••
If you send me the domain I will look into it. It does sound like a cookie issue possibly where the browser isn't remembering that you are the person with the domain after you click the link. But it may not be, I am happy to check if you pm me the domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back