NameSilo

I don't understand Page Rank . . .

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am really confused when someone says they are looking for PR3 or PR5 or whatever, domain names.
How do I know if I have a PRX domain name?
I know that we talk about Google page rank, but how do you get a name page ranked?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do a search on Google for "Google Page Rank Checker". That will give you several links to sites where you can see if a domain name has a page rank or not. The Google toolbar will also tell you if a domain has a page rank when you view that domain in your browser.
The exact methods Google uses to determine page rank are not disclosed by google, although another search can give you a pretty good idea of how to build up your website's page rank. The easiest way is to get other websites to link to your site. If a PRX domain links to your site, google will eventually find your site and hopefully give it a page rank as well. There are several other methods, do a search and you'll be able to find lots of information.

Hope this helps.
-Nitro

•••
Backlinks from sites in your neighborhood (sites dealing with the same topic as you) increases your page rank quicker (at least in my experience). Also having good content that is updated regularly helps with PR as well (agian IMO)

Regards
Brian

•••
you can check a page rank at www.pagerank.net . Page ranks are given out by google based on a whole lot of information :)

•••
or just get the google toolbar.

But remember a domain that has pr and doen't come with the website will usually loose its pr value. Its usually not a wise thing to pay extra for.

•••
DJ-Sound said:
But remember a domain that has pr and doen't come with the website will usually loose its pr value. Its usually not a wise thing to pay extra for.

This is a very good point and worth noting.

-Nitro

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back